Is Respect Dead?

St.Ricky

I have followed the forums on Black and White Army over the years. It has been clear that a number of internal feuds and pseudo feuds have arisen and taken root. 

It seems too almost now standard to ridicule the views of others, tournaments, the club, the board, the manager, team, players, fans and the opposition.

Now, banter is good. We all enjoy that. Argument is both good and healthy. But ridicule and the use of bad language merely for effect are not.

Is respect for each other now dead? Is that what we want in the forum/

Only asking?

Forums etc have created the keyboard warrior, the person who wouldn't dare say or do any of the things that they write on the forums. I'm all for a bit of banter in posts etc, I give it and I take it back but some people thrive on personal insults. As for respect, it's hard to earn it unless you actually know the person who is writing it.

Let the insults and abuse commence  :double  :booty

42 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I have followed the forums on Black and White Army over the years. It has been clear that a number of internal feuds and pseudo feuds have arisen and taken root. 

It seems too almost now standard to ridicule the views of others, tournaments, the club, the board, the manager, team, players, fans and the opposition.

Now, banter is good. We all enjoy that. Argument is both good and healthy. But ridicule and the use of bad language merely for effect are not.

Only asking?

Ach away and behave yourself :lol:

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Only asking?

Aye, because none of the above happen in the real world. :byebye

What a load of sanctimonious pish..........................in my opinion................and get this to feck into general nonsense. :rolleyes:

In one of my earliest posts years ago, I posted something similar and got pretty much the same response. If some of our fellow Black and White soldiers had their way, they would make posting on the wrong thread a crime punishable with the death sentence. I have at times gone over the top with angry responses but hope I now don't. Some of the clowns on here should have been banned years ago and some should simply grow up.

3 hours ago, RickMcD said:

In one of my earliest posts years ago, I posted something similar and got pretty much the same response. If some of our fellow Black and White soldiers had their way, they would make posting on the wrong thread a crime punishable with the death sentence. I have at times gone over the top with angry responses but hope I now don't. Some of the clowns on here should have been banned years ago and some should simply grow up.

Why are you contributing to a Thread which is blatantly in the wrong section of the Forum? 

MODS!!!!!!!!! 

Take him to the Gallows. 

9 minutes ago, shull said:

We need Moderation, Rick. 

Non existent presently 

Put yourself forward 

Not quite sure what the moderators are meant to do. By that I mean, what do they do? Do they get complaints from individuals then have a word in someone's ear if they think the complaint is valid? Do they simply tell some guys enough is enough, so eff off? Or are you saying nothing ever happens? I only recall a couple of guys getting the boot. I wouldn't do it for a pension but I agree that some guys go way over the top with personal insults and I think some yellow cards could have been waved.

Not all about punishing baddies Rick. 

It's keeping the Forum run smoothly and in order. 

Deleting inappropriate material. 

Merging duplicate Threads. 

Placing Topics in their proper Section, like this appalling one. 

Giving us the ability to red dot the spangles. 

4 hours ago, RickMcD said:

And yet you're still here:byebye

1 hour ago, shull said:

Not all about punishing baddies Rick. 

It's keeping the Forum run smoothly and in order. 

Deleting inappropriate material. 

Merging duplicate Threads. 

Placing Topics in their proper Section, like this appalling one. 

Giving us the ability to red dot the spangles. 

Indeed, not asking much to keep the forum tidy.