No Sevco or Celtic Colts in SPFL

shull

Or any other Colt Teams.

A Dude on Pie & Bovril started this Petition.

https://www.change.org/p/scottish-professional-football-league-stop-b-teams-or-colt-teams-being-admitted-to-the-spfl

Save our Beautiful Game from the Bigots

Better to rid our Country of 2 before ending up with 4.

Edited by shull

14 minutes ago, Dalrybud said:

Don't know where the SPFL gets these stupid ideas from. Not one OF fan that I know has even made a passing mention about their 'Colt' sides playing in the Challenge Cup. They aren't interested....as is evidenced by the attendances.

What they might be interested in though , is their big teams leaving for England in a few years with their Colts replacing them in the top Scottish division , therefore weakening the game up here even further. Keep them out !

What have the Media got to do with the farce? 

Premier Sports have televised most if not all Bigot Colts matches in front of very poor crowds. 

Could they not just sponsor a League with just Sevco and Celtic taking part and televise a Game between them every week, and leave the rest of us to enjoy the Beautiful Game? 

All 42 Clubs are getting the opportunity to vote on it. 

I would be astounded if more than 2 Clubs voted for it. 

My Club wouldn't be silly and vote for the 2 Sectarian Clubs, would they? 

Prepare to be astounded Shull. Despite the grumbling of the fans I assume the 42 clubs voted for the joke of a revamped Challenge Cup.

Scotland has too many clubs with no ambition other than to survive. When that's the case you have club Chairmen that'll pursue any change that puts cash in the till. Even when the evidence suggests otherwise.

42 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

You open a paper sports section old firm, you turn on the radio sports show old firm , you watch the sports tv TV old firm , you come on to your clubs fans forum old firm. Can you not get away from Scotland's obsession with the old firm.

Naw 

It's very hard not to comment on the Old Firm when the structure of the game in Scotland is entirely based around what suits them. As others have mentioned, this Irn Bru Cup experiment re the Colts and the Welsh & Irish teams, is down to their desire to test the waters around teams competing in another country's competition and having a presence in the SPFL if they do manage to move to England. So, even a tournament for lower league clubs has been amended to suit the Old Firm's agenda!  

There are 17 teams in the Under 20s league, and only the 12 Premiership clubs U20 teams got to compete in the Irn Bru Cup. Now only 2 teams are being mentioned as having Colt teams in the SPFL. If it was all about, as claimed, developing young players for the benefit of Scottish football, then there would be a wider discussion about how to do that, with views on the U20 league, possible reintroduction of the reserve league etc. You'd need to be extremely naïve to believe that the Old Firm would ever look beyond their own interests, and suggesting that they are at all bothered in the rest of Scottish football or the national side is laughable. 

This is about the Old Firm looking towards a future in England, and maintaining a presence in Scottish football with an eye to continuing access to European football as they try to progress to the English Premiership.   

5 hours ago, billyg said:

What they might be interested in though , is their big teams leaving for England in a few years with their Colts replacing them in the top Scottish division , therefore weakening the game up here even further. Keep them out !

Well, Billy G, I agree with what you write up to a point.

I do agree with the first part of what you write - that is that both Big Glasgow Clubs may / do want to join the English Leagues.They might be joined by Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen.

My take on it is that change is on-going, that Colts for any Club would have to start at the bottom and work their way up on merit (As per the Sevco/Rangers model)

If they then make it to the top league then it would be fine in my book as it would be done on merit and help to keep local attendances up for other clubs in Scotland.

Others may take a different view.

Strangely, I have put forward the argument at times for a few years now that both of the OF should field a reserve team in the SPFL and bu**er off to pursue their own dreams south of the border.

There is a certain logic to it and it would open Scottish football up to allow other teams, Aberdeen, Hearts, etc, (and we can dream), of actually winning the Scottish league and then also competing in the European arena.

There was another strong rumour recently that an Atlantic League may well now be supported by EUFA, so where, if that was allowed to happen, would it leave both the OF in the context of the SPFL?  

The OF are not even the OF, and Scottish Football forgets that Sat is first ever league encounter. Simply the Bust died!!!

Its like the Life of Brian sketch only it what have they ever done for us..... apart from disgrace, embarrassment and control- Nothing

SFA either join them and GTF or GTTF and work with us

6 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

You open a paper sports section old firm, you turn on the radio sports show old firm , you watch the sports tv TV old firm , you come on to your clubs fans forum old firm. Can you not get away from Scotland's obsession with the old firm.

I'm sure you told me there was nowt to worry about when these Colt teams were put into the Challenge Cup.  Still feel that way?

The notion of allowing ANY so-called colt teams into the league structure is beyond idiocy.

Scottish football, which includes our OF 'friends', already has little merit or credibility. A situation enhanced by the officialdom and media through a constant obsession with certain clubs.

So how do they plan to fix it? By destroying any vestige of sporting integrity and competition in the three lower leagues by pandering to the selfish whims of the 'big two'.

It's already becoming difficult to get motivated to watch the dross on offer in the Scottish game. This move will be a confirmation that the professional game is just about finished.

Nonetheless, there's every chance that enough clubs will vote through this nonsense.

Time to find another interest of a Saturday afternoon.

Can i just add that even if they do join the english leagues,we would not get rid of the old firm fans as the two teams would still use their stadiums as their home grounds,we would just have to put up with hordes of english fans coming up every week.

Yup very little would change other than there would be no tv coverage of Scottish football other than on bbc Alba and as you say hordes of English visiting Glasgow.

On 07/09/2016 at 8:37 AM, shull said:

Or any other Colt Teams.

A Dude on Pie & Bovril started this Petition.

https://www.change.org/p/scottish-professional-football-league-stop-b-teams-or-colt-teams-being-admitted-to-the-spfl

Save our Beautiful Game from the Bigots

Better to rid our Country of 2 before ending up with 4.

Agreed!

I have a Rangers supporting mate i was out with for a few beers on Sunday and he discussed the fact that he was in favour of a Colts team for both their lot and their hooped pals. I can't think of anything worse for our game. Let them continue to send youth players out on loan to lower league teams, but for christ sake, keep this away from our game. The Scottish league is not big enough, plus having two bigoted teams in Scotland is enough, without them knuckle dragging through the lower leagues.