No Sevco or Celtic Colts in SPFL

shull

The International Rangers had a brilliant opportunity to blood lots of their young development players in the lower leagues for a few seasons but choose instead to pay over the odds for Ian Black, Lee Wallace, Richard Forster, Dean Shields, Nicky Clark, Jon Daly, Danny Wilson, Cammy Bell, Kenny Miller, Kris Boyd, Darren McGregor, Marius Zaliukas, Scott Simonsen, David Templeton, Nicky Law, Steven Smith, Bilel Moshni, Arnold Peralta, Kevin Kyle, Franco Sandaza, Emilson (from Brazil!), Lee Robinson, Jason Holt, Billy King, Michael O' Halloran and then lots of English loanees as they blew / lost £30m on their journey from the lower leagues back to the premiership.

Can anyone name one colt player they developed and stuck with during those 4 seasons?

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

They are not wanted in England, I'm at games as often as I can there, last season I managed to get two tickets for West Ham away games and four for home games, English clubs no longer need them to fill grounds. 

If you add in the fact that the English are complaining about the amount of foreign players limiting their national sides options,why invite two foreign clubs to join their ranks?

Talk to English fans, most see Rangers and Celtic as the same cancer we do, Christ they couldn't even play in the old Anglo Scottish cup with causing riots. 

On 9/7/2016 at 2:44 PM, St.Ricky said:

Well, Billy G, I agree with what you write up to a point.

I do agree with the first part of what you write - that is that both Big Glasgow Clubs may / do want to join the English Leagues.They might be joined by Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen.

My take on it is that change is on-going, that Colts for any Club would have to start at the bottom and work their way up on merit (As per the Sevco/Rangers model)

If they then make it to the top league then it would be fine in my book as it would be done on merit and help to keep local attendances up for other clubs in Scotland.

Others may take a different view.

What do you mean by starting at the bottom though ? Would that be joining the bottom of the lowland or highland league and working their way through the pyramid system ?

If the senior clubs want to move to England then they do the same, move to Carlisle, join the lowest league and work their way up through the English system. But if they want to move to England, then it should be a proper move and get entirely out of Scotland.

13 minutes ago, bud77 said:

What do you mean by starting at the bottom though ? Would that be joining the bottom of the lowland or highland league and working their way through the pyramid system ?

If the senior clubs want to move to England then they do the same, move to Carlisle, join the lowest league and work their way up through the English system. But if they want to move to England, then it should be a proper move and get entirely out of Scotland.

Yep. We could redevelop Ipox as a jail and Parkheed as a piggery. One down, one to go!

2 hours ago, bud77 said:

I have no worries about the colt teams starting at the bottom of the pyramid system. That seems reasonably fair to me.

I think too that the English teams would expect Celtic and Rangers to join the lowest leagues.

However.

Changes elsewhere and TV money and power might persuade the English Football Authorities to make a different judgement.

Only a thought - others might take a different view.