Dumbarton v St Mirren SPFL Championship 17/9/16

shull

I take a different view. I go for a narrow win for Saints with other difficult games to come but over the season doing enough to finish mid table.

But I saw the games against Dumbarton last season and they are no mugs.

Time will tell. I may just be an eternal optimist.

Or a fool.

Either is possible.

14 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I take a different view. I go for a narrow win for Saints with other difficult games to come but over the season doing enough to finish mid table.

But I saw the games against Dumbarton last season and they are no mugs.

Time will tell. I may just be an eternal optimist.

Or a fool.

Either is possible.

NSS

:rolleyes:

I travel from Perthshire to games home and away.

Will continue to do so.

My belief - for what it's worth and it may not be much:

Good times come and go. Enjoy them when they are there. The easiest time to be a fan.

Bad times come and go. This tests the patience of fans and perhaps in a different category, supporters.

Will continue to do so.

Good times come and go. Enjoy them when they are there. The easiest time to be a fan.

Bad times come and go. This tests the patience of fans and perhaps in a different category, supporters.

I go to all the home games unless I'm working, and tend to rota myself in to work when we are away from home to make sure I get to most home ones.

Just so happens I'm off tomorrow and not a million miles away... but I really cannot be motivated to attend... I shall save what little stamina I have left for our next home game.

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

I wasn't trying to be "one up" on you EK. If it came over that way then I apologise.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I go to all the home games unless I'm working, and tend to rota myself in to work when we are away from home to make sure I get to most home ones.

Just so happens I'm off tomorrow and not a million miles away... but I really cannot be motivated to attend... I shall save what little stamina I have left for our next home game.

This match is less then ten minutes drive for me, and, as I mentioned earlier, no bridge roadworks to negotiate. Even so, I could hardly be less enthusiastic.

I was there to witness Murray take the Dumbarton walk of shame. Much as I knew he had to go, what went on that day sickened me. Now, I am also very much coming round to the conclusion that Rae cannot turn this round and must be on borrowed time. That said, I don't want to be around if we lose and Rae is subjected to what Murray was in December.  It was unedifying and left a very bad taste.

On the flip side, I feel I should be there to lend my support, but anticipate a hugely nervy, frustrating afternoon. We don't have anything resembling a swagger and the best we can probably hope for is an ugly win by the odd goal (a massive relief though that would be).

I can see this decision going to the wire - ie: the back of 2pm. To think I was looking forward to my bonus  'home' games despite the gloom of relegation. 

Edited by Drew

1 hour ago, Drew said:

I can see this decision going to the wire - ie: the back of 2pm. To think I was looking forward to my bonus  'home' games despite the gloom of relegation. 

No such dilemma for me.

Bull Inn at 2.30 to meet fellow Saints fan recently returned from South America.

Hopefully by FT I'll be relaxed enough that it will soften the blow of defeat or I'll be in a state that will spark OTT celebration of an unlikely win.

No idea what will happen if we draw, but I'm sure further drinking will ensue, whatever the outcome.

Someone start a "Reasons not go go to the game, however pish they sound" thread.....................................:lol:

PS I'm in Arbroath doing nothing more than being with my family...................shove it. :rolleyes:

I might make up some rumours between now and then about the manager or Jim Goodwin....................:1eye

12 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Will continue to do so.

Yeah , but in our history it's never been as bad as the third tier , and we're staring that in the face ! The slide must be corrected , and quickly, if not by the manager, then by the BOD !