Dumbarton v St Mirren SPFL Championship 17/9/16

shull

45 minutes ago, billyg said:

Yeah , but in our history it's never been as bad as the third tier , and we're staring that in the face ! The slide must be corrected , and quickly, if not by the manager, then by the BOD !

It nearly was in season 97/98. A goal from Shuggie Murray at Forthbank saved us and consigned Stirling Albion to relegation.

Within 2 years we had won the First Division and were promoted.

16 minutes ago, gc_SMFC said:

Is there any relatively decent pubs near the ground? Last time I went I went into the centre of Dumbarton then walked out to the stadium.

There's a good pub opposite Dumbarton east train station . Can't mind the name though. 

Nobody who was there could forget Ian Murray's dead man walking through a torrent of abuse last season and I suspect Alex Rae will face the same today unless he can get a result. I remember thinking that, even though I wanted Murray gone I hoped I'd never see the like again - 1 season on and I'm again wishing a saints manager gone, but not today.

Gallagher

Baird.  Webster.  Mackenzie

Hutton.  Irvine

Walsh.  Mallan.  Morgan

Sutton.  Hardie

1-0 Saints (Mallan 79)

COYS.

15 minutes ago, Mykey said:

Nobody who was there could forget Ian Murray's dead man walking through a torrent of abuse last season and I suspect Alex Rae will face the same today unless he can get a result. I remember thinking that, even though I wanted Murray gone I hoped I'd never see the like again - 1 season on and I'm again wishing a saints manager gone, but not today.

My thoughts exactly. That's the main basis of my reluctance to go. In saying that, I reckon I'm going to roll up after all. I can almost see their ground from my window here, so its difficult to avoid the inevitable pull.