Dumbarton v St Mirren SPFL Championship 17/9/16

shull

Sectarian abuse is absolutely embarrassing. How pathetic. A lot of our fans were more angry about the fact that we didn't lose yesterday than the fact we didn't win.

Also, if somebody says to you "I've paid mah money, ah can say whit ah want" you are almost certainly in the presence of a dickhead. 

25 minutes ago, norman said:

Sectarian abuse is absolutely embarrassing. How pathetic. A lot of our fans were more angry about the fact that we didn't lose yesterday than the fact we didn't win.

Also, if somebody says to you "I've paid mah money, ah can say whit ah want" you are almost certainly in the presence of a dickhead. 

:thumbs2:thumbs2:thumbs2

Have a look on the St Mirren Supporters page on Facebook, fans heard it and some are bragging they were the ones personally responsible for giving it to Rae's face and challenging the club or other fans to do anything about it.

Some quotes from one of the threads today: " Entitled to your opinion on Rae but anyone who resorts to sectarian abuse are an even bigger disgrace to club "

Who's being sectarian?

id say referring to him as an orange c*nt is sectarian. 2 clubs in the next town far more suited to people with them opinions

am pretty sure plenty of times over the years you have sang the hello hello song have u not if I remember correctly u just fishing for likes now coz your all grown u

Nobody said anything sectarian Orange is just a colour

I say he's a wee orange baldy fanny laughing at the support because he knows he's robbing our hard earned cash anybody want to take me on come ahead happy clappers go on tell the club to deal with me then sick of yous people coming on and questioning our opinions we pay our money we can say what we want so kindly f**k OFF YA BUNCH A TWATS

Sorry mate but that's bang out of order. You can shout he's a shite manager - bald - well, I doubt he disputes that... But to call him "orange" isn't relevant to St Mirren or our poor performance today? Leave those comments out in future. Embarrassing

So what about when the fans sing the song abiut Rangers and Celtic hullo hullo how do we do nobody seems to moan about that? Most people join in and sing it. Hypocrites

Paying money entitles you to a opinion and it's OK to voice your disapproval but it's not OK to call him an orange so and so. People have been charged for less under the new legislation

But I bet you still sing that song like most of the supporters do that's my point so for someone calling the manager orange isn't the end of the world is it when fans sing f**k the pope and the queen surely that's worse but don't see anyone crying like a baby about that?

If you read my post I don't sing it but as for the orange, when you put another word beside it, it becomes derogatory. It's fair enough to criticize the manager. Don't think it's clever to insult him using comments that could be construed as bigoted

Correct  have u not heard the song 99% of the supporters sing u must be a part time supporter if never heard that song

As I said. I'm not saying it didn't happen. I'm not a member of this FB group. But will have a look later. It's disgraceful

Unfortunately for him he's posting it under his real name and it's up there for all to see. Hopefully Lee Wallace is reading the comments and St. Mirren are in contact with him this week and threaten to boot him to f**k out. Abuse is abuse but there is no justification in the bigoted pish and he shouldn't be anywhere near St. Mirren Park with that attitude. 

1 hour ago, norman said:

Absolutely. 

Unfortunately we have a small number of fans who would never accept Rae because of his past or his boyhood team. 

When leaving Ayr there were a couple of guys repeatedly shouting for him to "get tae f**k Rae ya orange bastard" and "dirty *** bastard" as the made their way to the exit. 

Poor show. 

Edited by davidg

I don't agree with the 'I've paid my money , ill say what I like' mentality.

the fans can only react to what they see on and off the pitch but at the end of the day .. personal insults to our own staff are not acceptable.

im not saying everyone should be happy but , and I know it's a minority, abusing our own people doesn't reflect well on any of us.

Rae is quickly running out of time to demonstrate he can turn this around 

17 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

Another mistake ridden shambles. How much longer can the board allow this to go on. Time for action. Only plus point was young Darren Whyte coming on for his debut. Player I like in the u20s. Apart from that more rubbish.

Darren looked good when he eventually came on (what was all that about with him having the wrong number on his strip) but then he started hesitating when he could have done more, i'll put that down to nerves on his first team debut, he should start next week and gain confidence, hopefully he doesn't get left out as that will have a negative affect on him.

13 hours ago, Drew said:

I made sure I left sharp and so avoided the inevitable clash as Rae walked off.

I'm no great fan, but what should he have done? Started greetin? Shouted "f**k off!"?

It's hard to escape the conclusion that some folk were relishing the prospect of "venting there (sic) anger" at FT.

You didn't miss much Drew, 2 guys shouting and waving their arms about and pointing at Rae was all i seen, some boos from a few people in the stand but only 2 down at the front hurling abuse.

Just now, buddiecat said:

You didn't miss much Drew, 2 guys shouting and waving their arms about and pointing at Rae was all i seen, some boos from a few people in the stand but only 2 down at the front hurling abuse.

Aye, I didn't get a sense that there was too much antipathy around. More a sense of resignation. There is always likely to be few just waiting for the opportunity to foam at the mouth, though, hence my sharp exit.

5 hours ago, davidg said:

Absolutely. 

Unfortunately we have a small number of fans who would never accept Rae because of his past or his boyhood team. 

When leaving Ayr there were a couple of guys repeatedly shouting for him to "get tae f**k Rae ya orange bastard" and "dirty *** bastard" as the made their way to the exit. 

Poor show. 

And did any other fans pull them up about it?  If not, why not? That´s the only way we´ll weed these clowns out.

8 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

And did any other fans pull them up about it?  If not, why not? That´s the only way we´ll weed these clowns out.

While this might be in the mindset of some "fans" why should they get involved with these morons as it's sure to end up even uglier than the embarrassment they already cause?

It's a difficult situation and not easily solved.

It's well documented that the stewards are mostly unwilling or unsure of where they should get involved so I'm not sure what the answer is as this level of f**kwittery is inbred and I'm afraid these imbeciles will continue to spout their bile and drag the name of the club down with every sectarian based word they shout, or probably slur.

25 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

I didn't say anything, I had my 6 year old son and my 10 year old nephew with me.

I didn't see anyone pull them up either and can't really blame someone for wanting to avoid confrontation that could get you a kicking.

Found it strange that the police officers near the exit clearly heard it didn't bat an eyelid either. 

4 hours ago, Stevie88 said:

Anyone who condones sectarian abuse are as bad as the person saying it imo. There's absolutely no need to shout sectarian abuse at Rae, there's plenty of other things to be unhappy about, him being an ex Rangers player & supporter is the least of our worries at the moment!!

I really don't care if Rae played for and is a Rangers fan. I really didn't care whether Tommy Craig played for Celtic or was a Celtic fan. I really didn't care that Alex Ferguson had played for Rangers and was a Rangers Fan. In other words, whether in times of success or failure it matters not one bit to me and I suspect most, if not all, fans of the Saints.

I have no time for sectarian, homophobic, racist or in fact any abuse heaped on managers, players or indeed other fans.

Supporting my team for me has never involved hatred of the opposition. Rivalry yes (Morton e.g.).

After all, there would be no game if you didn't have two teams on the park.

11 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I really don't care if Rae played for and is a Rangers fan. I really didn't care whether Tommy Craig played for Celtic or was a Celtic fan. I really didn't care that Alex Ferguson had played for Rangers and was a Rangers Fan. In other words, whether in times of success or failure it matters not one bit to me and I suspect most, if not all, fans of the Saints.

I have no time for sectarian, homophobic, racist or in fact any abuse heaped on managers, players or indeed other fans.

Supporting my team for me has never involved hatred of the opposition. Rivalry yes (Morton e.g.).

After all, there would be no game if you didn't have two teams on the park.

That's nice but you only have to read this forum, and even worse the embarrassing Facebook page associated with St Mirren, to see that there's an element that are a crowd of utter f**kwits.

David mentioned the lack of action by the police at yesterdays match, showing the difficulty in removing this element from the so called "support". 

Unfortunately a small minority are bringing this sort of shite to the surface and it'll be seen/heard by others who will see it as acceptable.

It's always been in our support, mostly staying just under the radar, but there nonetheless. 

This, among other issues, could easily be another factor in our dwindling support. 

What sort of father/mother would encourage their son/daughter to attend an event where this sort of behaviour is being spouted by imbeciles? 

2 hours ago, El Gingero said:

Do we replace every manager who starts off a season poorly?

This isn't just about starting the season poorly it's about the football being dire and showing no signs of improvement. Last season Rae improved our league position and although the football was pretty dire to watch, it was all about staying up. This season we are continuing to play dire football with absolutely no signs of improvement. I don't know how many managers we need to go through before we find a decent one but keeping one and clinging on to dear hope that he'll come good isn't right either.