Why are we treated like this?

Vambo57

I think we in the West Stand are getting a real raw deal and it's really getting on my tits.

Last Saturday, our Club gave away many free tickets to youngsters.  This is to be applauded.

Where did our Club deem to put these freebies (3-4 of hundred)?  In the Away (North) Stand.  This is not to be applauded.

Where did they put the actual away fans (2-3 hundred QOS)? In the West Stand, once again causing the usual problems under the stand with space, only one toilet and pie stall.

WTF are our board thinking?  This is not acceptable!

35 minutes ago, Vambo57 said:

I think we in the West Stand are getting a real raw deal and it's really getting on my tits.

Last Saturday, our Club gave away many free tickets to youngsters.  This is to be applauded.

Where did our Club deem to put these freebies (3-4 of hundred)?  In the Away (North) Stand.  This is not to be applauded.

Where did they put the actual away fans (2-3 hundred QOS)? In the West Stand, once again causing the usual problems under the stand with space, only one toilet and pie stall.

The board were thinking of their well being.  They didn't want them exposed to the foul language in the West Stand.

Besides, how many toilets do you want.

I have brought this up a dozen times. It's a joke. Next meeting Fans Council meeting I will make sure this on the agenda for Tony Fitzpatrick. Punters in the West Stand are treated like 2nd class fans. Dreadful. Great post bud

As well as it pissing off our own fans, there's also the cost aspect. I'd assumed away fans were put in the West Stand because it was cheaper than opening up a whole stand. On Saturday we had the cost of stewarding the away section of the west stand and opening up what is normally the away end - and to folk with free tickets, so it wasn't as if we were raking in extra cash. Why couldn't the free ticket folk be put in the south stand? Perhaps this could be used as an example if the club claim they put the away fans in the west stand to save cash.

Of course, Saturday was all part of the brilliant plan to have Saints fans in both stands behind the goals to roar the team on to victory. We should focus on filling three stands before worrying about a fourth. I'd even go further and have the south stand closed for games against the likes of Queens, Ayr etc because there's nowhere near enough home fans at the moment. You'd really only need it for the derbies and maybe Hibs and Dundee United.

3 hours ago, Stu said:

As well as it pissing off our own fans, there's also the cost aspect. I'd assumed away fans were put in the West Stand because it was cheaper than opening up a whole stand. On Saturday we had the cost of stewarding the away section of the west stand and opening up what is normally the away end - and to folk with free tickets, so it wasn't as if we were raking in extra cash. Why couldn't the free ticket folk be put in the south stand? Perhaps this could be used as an example if the club claim they put the away fans in the west stand to save cash.

Of course, Saturday was all part of the brilliant plan to have Saints fans in both stands behind the goals to roar the team on to victory. We should focus on filling three stands before worrying about a fourth. I'd even go further and have the south stand closed for games against the likes of Queens, Ayr etc because there's nowhere near enough home fans at the moment. You'd really only need it for the derbies and maybe Hibs and Dundee United.

I applaud the initiative. I see no real problem and managed to get my pies in from the pie stall without queuing.

Happy to support initiatives to bring all areas of the ground into play but do see that going by other posts in this thread that a number of others take a different view.

25 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I applaud the initiative. I see no real problem and managed to get my pies in from the pie stall without queuing.

Happy to support initiatives to bring all areas of the ground into play but do see that going by other posts in this thread that a number of others take a different view.

Good for you. I do not applaud the initiative. Maybe you got served ok as the attendances have dropped and people have stopped going for a pie and a piss and half-time as they cannot be arsed waiting in the queues.

The freebie tickets could easily have been for any of the stands to accommodate the take-up and the Away stand opened for Away supporters leaving the West Bank Home supporters with decent facilities.

Good thread Vambo. I too am annoyed that the busiest stand has the least facilities for the Home support.

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

Good for you. I do not applaud the initiative. Maybe you got served ok as the attendances have dropped and people have stopped going for a pie and a piss and half-time as they cannot be arsed waiting in the queues.

The freebie tickets could easily have been for any of the stands to accommodate the take-up and the Away stand opened for Away supporters leaving the West Bank Home supporters with decent facilities.

Good thread Vambo. I too am annoyed that the busiest stand has the least facilities for the Home support.

I share your views that the West Stand could have further facilities.

I have brought this up a dozen times. It's a joke. Next meeting Fans Council meeting I will make sure this on the agenda for Tony Fitzpatrick. Punters in the West Stand are treated like 2nd class fans. Dreadful. Great post bud

I said when Tony got the job he would be useless. Nice guy and all that but he is just not bright enough for the job.

I said when Tony got the job he would be useless. Nice guy and all that but he is just not bright enough for the job.

WOW ! What does someone not contact the fans council by e-mail this one of the things it's there for. They ask the question and come back with an answer I would think.

On 16 September 2016 at 2:10 PM, Stu said:

Remember there are season ticket holders in the south stand too. I agree about the treatment of fans in the west stand, but I think it goes deeper than that, it's treatment of fans in general.  Remember the fiasco with rangers getting the south stand, kicking out season ticket holders from there? We are all in many ways taken for granted, if my sums are correct, my last 3 season tickets, including this season, have meant I have paid roughly £103 per win. So the club should be doing all it can to encourage more fans and reward those who are loyal, so I agree that the QoS fans shouldn't have been put in there. The south stand is dying because it's the family stand. A club our size should have a family section, not a stand. It must be the only home ground in the country where the home goalie gets a hard time, and the away one never does because he gets an easy ride at both ends of the ground. The south stand has effectively put a gagging order on the home fans while the weans scream "he fell over". The love street end used to be a great place to sit, and stand before that. 

On the free tickets. The schools got the word document to print as a voucher on the Wednesday, and the parent had to have it redeemed by Thursday at 2pm. While I agree with the initiative, it was either poorly thought out or deliberately designed to limit the numbers because that gives very little time to turn it around. The schools also had to print the vouchers, so that didn't come out the clubs budget either. So the whole thing is not exactly the way to attract more support. 

45 minutes ago, Gordy 1877 said:

The south stand is dying because it's the family stand. A club our size should have a family section, not a stand.

It's the one place where parents can take their kids and not have to listen to a torrent of foul language. It's not like we're filling the stadium. 

I use to go to the South Stand with my boy until he started swearing,:o now we go to the main stand. :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, pod said:

It's the one place where parents can take their kids and not have to listen to a torrent of foul language. It's not like we're filling the stadium. 

I use to go to the South Stand with my boy until he started swearing,:o now we go to the main stand. :rolleyes:

Exactly, the stadium is not full. At love street the family enclosure was a good idea, perhaps the section at the far end of the main stand could be used? I realise it might mean relocating some season ticket holders but it might bring back a bit of the love street atmosphere and help the team. Just now it's too easy for teams coming to us. 

1 hour ago, Gordy 1877 said:

Exactly, the stadium is not full. At love street the family enclosure was a good idea, perhaps the section at the far end of the main stand could be used? I realise it might mean relocating some season ticket holders but it might bring back a bit of the love street atmosphere and help the team. Just now it's too easy for teams coming to us. 

That's down to the team and management, not the kids. 

4 hours ago, Gordy 1877 said:

We can bring back the atmosphere by allowing you to swear? 

:lol: