Ben Gordon

ulysses

I'm not for one minute suggesting Ben Gordon is a world beater, but surely he's worth a run in our team considering how abysmally we have been defending. Webster looks done, Bairds confidence is shot and we have conceded 6 goals in the 2 games McKenzie has played....only thing I can think is that Rae wants the budget to sign another midfielder after f**king up in the summer

Signed what, 12 weeks ago by Rae and then shipped out after playing about 30mims of league football. Shambles

Our defence is a mess, so we loan out a guy who has hardly played and is a good defender at this level going by the comments of opposition supporters and fans of his former clubs. Brilliant.

Going by the rumours it's been on the cards for a while but he was in the PDE the other day making it quite clear he wasn't happy not to be playing. Wonder if that was the final straw.

Wages freed up to get someone else in? Or an attempt to balance the books?

Ross and Goodwin to car share with Gordon when he comes back in January?

Edited by Stu

What an absolute shambles we have become/remained [delete as appropriate to your general mood].

I thought this guy should be given a run out. Could he perform any worse than the players who have featured in defence so far?

FFS - we are a basket case.

Edited by Drew

last straw for me, Rae has to go.  Absolute shambolic decision, between them Webster and Baird have probably shipped double figures worth of avoidable goals this season.  Guy hasn't had a chance at all and could potentially help a great deal with our defensive problems.  This will come back to bite us if we lose tomorrow and fans vote with their feet.  get him out of our club now and whoever sanctioned the loan as well should have their head examined.  Beyond ridiculous decision. 

1 minute ago, Kendo said:

Calm down everyone, perhaps this will allow him to bring in a much needed midfielder.

I'm afraid it's getting to the point whereby I'd struggle to trust Rae to know who to bring in regardless of the blatantly obvious requirements.

Totally agree Sonny. Baird has youth and potential on his side, Mackenzie is only just in after being injured, Gordon hasn't played much...the one constant in our shite defence has been Webster. 

I expect Andy Murdoch might come in now. Maybe Lappin (unsure if he has a club yet).

What a bizarre set of affairs.

Actually thought Gordon did well enough when he came on. Was certainly an improvement on Webster, but then again a wheely bin plopped on the penalty spot would have been an improvement on Webster.

Rae really has made a right c**t of things this summer. And he will lose his job as a result of that in the coming weeks.