Ben Gordon

ulysses

15 minutes ago, Ally said:

You're right, he may not be very good... But then again Rae did sign him only 3 months ago. You would therefore have to question his recruitment policy, arguably one of the main tasks, if not the main one of a manager.

It is hardly surprising that he's therefore getting stick over this.

As you, and I, don't know the reason I find it's better not to jump to conclusions.

There could be many reasons this has happened, I heard it's because the boy lives near a chapel :P

3 hours ago, MotherwellSaint said:

regardless of who he brings in wont change the fact rae has no tactics or any clue what hes doing he has got to go no doubt a rangers player will come in as if theres not enough of them

joey barton is available.................................

33 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

We have no midfield that's the fact. My friend in the media said to me before a ball was kicked that rae wasn't happy with how the team was shaping up. He had taken a punt on a fee signings and they haven't worked out

And I'm afraid player (and staff) recruitment will sink you or make you shine ... if Rae is correct in terms of his resources , or lack of, then he can't afford to take a punt .. he has to get it right .. and if a player is getting loaned out after three months having hardly kicked a ball .. then he hasn't 

6 hours ago, Drew said:

What an absolute shambles we have become/remained [delete as appropriate to your general mood].

I thought this guy should be given a run out. Could he perform any worse than the players who have featured in defence so far?

FFS - we are a basket case.

The experience of recent seasons should remind us never to ask "Could he perform any worse than..."

In 2014 many people said that with the squad at his disposal almost anyone could do better than Danny Lennon (including many forum member's grannies). The same folks also said almost anyone could do better in the transfer window as well. Then we had Tommy Craig in charge, followed by Gary Teale... can't remember how many signings we made but I don't remember either of them getting close to DL' strike ratio of decent players to duds.

In 2015 the consensus was we couldn't have a worse season than the year before and we would love life in the Championship and actually win a few games. Ian Murray knew the league inside out and had worked wonders at part-time Dumbarton and would have full-time players and much better facilities at his disposal at St Mirren. Ian Murray made DL look like a genius in the transfer market and in football management in general! Wholesale changes to the playing squad and no stand out successful signings I can remember.

During the close season in 2016 we once again began looking forward to the new season and joked, well at least it can't be as bad as last year.

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

15 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

The experience of recent seasons should remind us never to ask "Could he perform any worse than..."

In 2014 many people said that with the squad at his disposal almost anyone could do better than Danny Lennon (including many forum member's grannies). The same folks also said almost anyone could do better in the transfer window as well. Then we had Tommy Craig in charge, followed by Gary Teale... can't remember how many signings we made but I don't remember either of them getting close to DL' strike ratio of decent players to duds.

In 2015 the consensus was we couldn't have a worse season than the year before and we would love life in the Championship and actually win a few games. Ian Murray knew the league inside out and had worked wonders at part-time Dumbarton and would have full-time players and much better facilities at his disposal at St Mirren. Ian Murray made DL look like a genius in the transfer market and in football management in general! Wholesale changes to the playing squad and no stand out successful signings I can remember.

During the close season in 2016 we once again began looking forward to the new season and joked, well at least it can't be as bad as last year.

So what you're saying is - at this rate we'll be playing southern league in a few seasons . 

Nice one .

32 minutes ago, munoz said:

So what you're saying is - at this rate we'll be playing southern league in a few seasons . 

Nice one .

Nope. I'm saying assuming St Mirren will improve as a matter of course is misplaced optimism, especially when the route to improvement is throwing in a guy recovering from injury that has been down the pecking order behind Baird, Naismith, Irvine, Webster, MacKenzie, Stewart so far this season.

FFS you think we'd just let Baresi go. As someone posted earlier, a wheelie bin would have made a better impression than Webster last week so I'm not sure Gordon's cameo is anything to judge his credentials by.
I do remember a ball getting lumped over his head and thinking I'd seen oil tankers turning quicker.
Maybe he was just another shit defender and getting him out to bring a badly needed free agent midfielder is a good move?
Just saying......

39 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Nope. I'm saying assuming St Mirren will improve as a matter of course is misplaced optimism, especially when the route to improvement is throwing in a guy recovering from injury that has been down the pecking order behind Baird, Naismith, Irvine, Webster, MacKenzie, Stewart so far this season.

Yep . Can't wait for the game also .

I have been fairly critical of the manager recently and making reference to his unbalanced squad.Well now it looks as though he may be trying to do something about it..It was clear we were top heavy with defenders but light in midfield.I saw Gordon play in the first half of the preseason friendly against Stenny and when Baird played in the second half he looked the better player.There is no doubt when you turn full time nearing 30 it takes some catching up.Hopefully Alex will bring in a holding midfielder and I think that Andy Murdoch at a good age having first team experience at Rangers and Queens would be a good choice and I note also that he is a Paisley boy.Alternatively in addition to looking at players out of contract Alex could also bring in an emergency loan signing.Let us see what develops.

Gordon will be back in January, fit and raring to go.

Leave him and Rae alone.

Having no Reserve Team means Gordon having trouble regaining full Match fitness.

He and we'll be fine.

What a horrendous knickerwetting Thread this is.