Ben Gordon

ulysses

On ‎22‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 5:23 PM, FTOF said:

There was a guy who deals with player registrations for QOS who said it was 28 days.

Utter madness to let Gordon go.

Just another mistake by our former manager.

What now for Gordon ?

Ross must rate him if he took him to Alloa so what are chances he's back sooner rather than later ?

16 minutes ago, alwaysabuddy said:

What now for Gordon ?

Ross must rate him if he took him to Alloa so what are chances he's back sooner rather than later ?

As far as I am aware an "internal" emergency loan like this can be terminated by the parent club at any time.

1 hour ago, div said:

As far as I am aware an "internal" emergency loan like this can be terminated by the parent club at any time.

It was Skyline Drifter who deals with the QOS player registrations who said it was 28 days.

He's rarely wrong in relation to club admin matters.

I don't know if getting rid of gordon was incompetence or a tactic to pave the way for old pals.as far as I'm aware there is only 3 centre backs at the club now.and I know this is something I keep banging on about but this is a big part of the reason we are were we are. no one challenging for positions.its easy to stroll about the park when you know your a shoe in every week.

Edited by Paisley brazilians

3 hours ago, Paisley brazilians said:

I don't know if getting rid of gordon was incompetence or a tactic to pave the way for old pals.as far as I'm aware there is only 3 centre backs at the club now.and I know this is something I keep banging on about but this is a big part of the reason we are were we are. no one challenging for positions.its easy to stroll about the park when you know your a shoe in every week.

Appreciate might not quite be what you mean but think the actual reason given was to free up a wage to try and then get in a holding midfielder as we're clearly short in there, I could be wrong on that...regardless a total cock up by Rae!

1 hour ago, gazah said:

Appreciate might not quite be what you mean but think the actual reason given was to free up a wage to try and then get in a holding midfielder as we're clearly short in there, I could be wrong on that...regardless a total cock up by Rae!

He would have been better loaning out Webster (if anybody would want him) and keeping Gordon.

• 3 weeks later...
Good game from Gordon today? Not good enough to be guaranteed a starting XI place at Alloa but some St Mirren fans reckon he will solve our defensive problems!

Stop being an attention seeker

There were calls for Gordon to be given a run when Baird and Webster were a shambles of a partnership and MacKenzie was hot and cold.

He was hardly put forward as the saviour of the team.

Just now, foxbar_bud said:

Stop being an attention seeker

There were calls for Gordon to be given a run when Baird and Webster were a shambles of a partnership and MacKenzie was hot and cold.

He was hardly put forward as the saviour of the team.

Where did I say people were calling him a saviour of the team? There were plenty of people posting he should be getting a game ahead of Webster, Baird, MacKenzie, Irvine and Naismith (and Stewart) and he couldn't be worse than them. He gets sent out to Alloa on loan and there was a meltdown on here. Goodwin has said Gordon wasn't going to be a first pick at Alloa and would probably be on the bench a lot until January.

Didn't think Gordon was bad yesterday, but he was probably fairly fortunate to stay on the park given his foul in the second half which could easily have been deemed denying a clear goal scoring opportunity.

The back three was slightly strange IMO. I'd rather have had Naismith, Baird and Gordon playing as the three with Walsh or Irvine playing right wing back. I guess Irvine was pushed in there to give us mobility but we played a high line and Hibs exploited it time and again. Boyle got clean through on goal about 4 times!

Not convinced the tactics in general worked yesterday, thought we looked more of a threat with Sutton up front.

Shanks had an afternoon to forget and Hardie was anonymous in the half that he did play.