Alex Rae: sacked!

ulysses

4 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

noooooooooooooo... you just HAD to... didn't you!

We ALL know that. We ALL bar one agree that as an appointment within Scottish football goes it would be wrong and far too risky...

but had we ignored the comment we might have been saved a lecture!

No chance. The lecture was coming anyway :booty

John Hughes was shite at Hibs. Yet somehow there are mugs on here who think he'd be better than a man who has regularly won leagues and cups. He even made it into Europe with Dunfermline whilst supposedly being shite. The refusal to acknowledge Kenny's success as he leads Dundalk to yet another league title, and having drawn away from home against AZ Alkmar in the Europa League just proves there are a number of St Mirren fans whose judgement and opinion simply can't and shouldn't be trusted. 

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Just now, norrie82 said:

On passing stadium on Thursday I thought it was strange that what looked like Gordon Scott car and Tony Fitz car where outside with a few others at 9.40pm. I think they have someone lined up? Maybe I'm wrong but seems possible

2 + 2 = 146:lol:

I,m disappointed because if you sack your manager it means your team is not doing well.I,m at a loss to where we go from here as the fans choice appears to be John Hughes.He left Caley because his playing budget was cut and i dont think he would come to work with what we have.

The last three years have been the worse i have experienced as a Saints fan and the next appointment has to be the correct one.The players really have to look at themselves also as they are the only ones who can dictate whats happening on the park.Finally i plead to all Saints fans to come out and support their team starting with this Saturday against Dunfermline.Your support is required more than ever.

Just now, El Gingero said:

The usual suspects will get their names in the frame.

Stephen Aitken
Jimmy Calderwood
Barry Smith
Mixu
Yogi Hughes
Fullarton

Wonder if a left field name will get the gig.

Major appointment though.

Wouldn't fancy any of them to be honest. Hughes would probably be the best of that group but he's likely to be expensive and there's nothing to suggest he can turn it around. He didn't at Livingston or at Hartlepool. 

27 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

No chance. The lecture was coming anyway :booty

John Hughes was shite at Hibs. Yet somehow there are mugs on here who think he'd be better than a man who has regularly won leagues and cups. He even made it into Europe with Dunfermline whilst supposedly being shite. The refusal to acknowledge Kenny's success as he leads Dundalk to yet another league title, and having drawn away from home against AZ Alkmar in the Europa League just proves there are a number of St Mirren fans whose judgement and opinion simply can't and shouldn't be trusted. 

Selective as ever, why not say "he was successful at ICT"? There were circumstances behind Hughes at Hibs as there were with Collins. Derek McInnes bombed down South, Kenny got Dunfermline relegated but you laud him?, Gordon Strachan bombed with certain teams yet is our national manager. Fans are mugs for wanting Hughes from a non St Mirren fan? Don't know why you bother.

Edited by nedflanders123

1 minute ago, nedflanders123 said:

Selective as ever, why not say "he was successful at ICT"? There were circumstances behind Hughes at Hibs as there were with Collins. Derek McInnes bombed down South, Kenny got Dunfermline relegated but you laud him?, Gordon Attached bombed with certain teams yet is our national manager. Fans are mugs for wanting Hughes from a non St Mirren fan? Don't know why you bother.

Want a list of where Stephen Kenny has been successful? Do you want to know how many league titles he's won? How many FAI Cup's he's won? Kenny had a tough run at a bankrupt Dunfermline yet for some reason this should exclude him from ever being considered for a job in Scotland despite taking Dunfermline to a Scottish Cup Final and qualifying for Europe in his short and unsuccessful time there. 

Great news for the club and credit to the BOD for acting swiftly. We will make a good appointment one day. It clearly wasn't Alex Rae, so now we try again.

Rae was a shouty, sweary hard man style manager. He came in and that was what the squad needed initially and he certainly improved things last season. However, he and his archaic methods were quickly found out.

When it came to building his own squad in the summer he failed spectacularly. I was expecting a major clear out in and it simply never happened. Ten of our first eleven on the first day of this season played for us last season.

Duds like Webster, Shankland, Gallagher, Langfield and Clarkson who were all part of our failure last season should all have been rinsed in the summer. Remarkably they were all retained, unsurprisingly they all stayed shite.

When he did add players he added them in the wrong position. He went about signing multiple centre halves and centre forwards while neglecting the middle of the park. Lo and behold Rocco Quinn gets injured and we are left with two centre midfielders in the squad. The partnership of Mallan and Hutton wasn't working but we couldn't change it as we didn't have anyone else. He then ends up punting centre half Ben Gordon out on loan after one competitive appearance, presumably to free up wages for a centre mid. Shambolic indeed. All this and more is why he simply had to go.

As for the new manager, personally I would go for Gus McPherson. He took us from this position to an established top flight side a decade ago and he's currently doing very well with Queens Park. I believe him and our chairman are also good pals. Either him or Jack Ross, although I don't think yet another inexperienced manager is the right route to go down.

20 minutes ago, El Gingero said:

The usual suspects will get their names in the frame.

Stephen Aitken
Jimmy Calderwood
Barry Smith
Mixu
Yogi Hughes
Fullarton

Wonder if a left field name will get the gig.

Major appointment though.

Would add James Fowler to that list

Edited by Stuart Dickson