Alex Rae: sacked!

ulysses

Same as Alex Rae, no ? Angry wee man / hard man attitude. Players don't react to that type in a positive way.

I was coached by Billy Davies when he was doing his coaching badges. I can understand your perception of him, and as I've mentioned on the forum before he does swear more than any other human being I have ever met. However in my experience he wasn't an angry wee man, but very much a motivator giving confidence in both individuals and the team. He's actually very knowledgeable on tactics and coached us in things I'd never considered previously. Of course I'm going back some 20 years for my own experience, so very likely he'll have changed a lot as people do over time, but purely based on what I know I would be quite happy to give him a chance at the helm.

I was of the belief that my 12 quid a month allow me to affect major decision making at the club by providing me with a right to vote. It's quite a major decision to sack the manager without consultation of the stakeholders.

FFS mate, I don't even know where to start with that. You seriously expected to be consulted on a major business decision of a football club because you've shelled out about £20?

I sincerely hope you're in the minority or this place will go into meltdown today.

6 hours ago, paulsmfc said:

I was of the belief that my 12 quid a month allow me to affect major decision making at the club by providing me with a right to vote. It's quite a major decision to sack the manager without consultation of the stakeholders.

I believe in Santa Claus.....................we're both going to be very disappointed. :lol:

Nobody else made the connection yet that sending Gordon out on loan might have freed up enough funds to sack Rae. Oh the irony!

Hughes would be a good appointment in my opinion but for the people touting Gus, his brand of football wasn't much more exciting the Rae's. I'd have Danny back before Gus any day of the week!

22 minutes ago, Mearns Saint said:

Nobody else made the connection yet that sending Gordon out on loan might have freed up enough funds to sack Rae. Oh the irony!

Hughes would be a good appointment in my opinion but for the people touting Gus, his brand of football wasn't much more exciting the Rae's. I'd have Danny back before Gus any day of the week!

:lol:

Maybe nobody has made this "connection" because it's absolute bonkers. :1eye

Edited by faraway saint

Just now, Mearns Saint said:

What kind of wage do you think Ben Gordon was on if him going on Loan would cover paying off 8 months of wages for the manager and assistant :blink:.

19 minutes ago, Mearns Saint said:

3 months salary costs for one player pays off the management team for the rest of their contract ? Not a chance 

Me and my mate won't attended another game this season . We are both season ticket holders so paid our dues . I told you last week that Tony Fitzpatrick will get the job . Don't even go there as I was huge fan of Tonys and well aware of what he done as a player . Rae and Farrell were badly treated in the circumstances and the next guy will be very aware of the clubs record and will go " belts and braces " on his and his back room team contracts . What's all this GUS McPherson and John Hughes stuff ! It's just a merry go round and it's time to get off it . If the new guy has to work under the same circumstances as Rae and Farrell then fine but if all of a sudden a load of money is available !!! That tells me that there has been a plan all along . This new chairman is great guy with everyone else's money ! Anyway no doubt people will disagree with me but like you all I wish the team well for rest of season .

16 minutes ago, Loyal Supporter said:

Me and my mate won't attended another game this season . We are both season ticket holders so paid our dues . I told you last week that Tony Fitzpatrick will get the job . Don't even go there as I was huge fan of Tonys and well aware of what he done as a player . Rae and Farrell were badly treated in the circumstances and the next guy will be very aware of the clubs record and will go " belts and braces " on his and his back room team contracts . What's all this GUS McPherson and John Hughes stuff ! It's just a merry go round and it's time to get off it . If the new guy has to work under the same circumstances as Rae and Farrell then fine but if all of a sudden a load of money is available !!! That tells me that there has been a plan all along . This new chairman is great guy with everyone else's money ! Anyway no doubt people will disagree with me but like you all I wish the team well for rest of season .

Aye, alright Alex, we hear you.

Good luck for the future, though.

29 minutes ago, Loyal Supporter said:

You should go read the thread about the moon.....................it's great. :lol:

24 minutes ago, Loyal Supporter said:

This new chairman is great guy with everyone else's money !

He's using the club's/his money for the next ten years. Apart from the agreed £2 per month from each subscriber.

BTW I suggested in the recent vote that everyone's £2 for the next few months should go towards bulleting Rae , so no complaints from me If that's where it's going !

33 minutes ago, Mr Zo said:

Confident that Alex Rae will be on Radio Clyde tonight or tomorrow night.

And Chick Young will be on Sportsound seething about his pal being sacked by a club in fan ownership. I stopped listening to Sportsound a few weeks ago but it may be worth tuning in for that particular meltdown.

1 hour ago, Loyal Supporter said:

And I hope you come back on when Tony doesn't get it ?

so not so much a loyal fan as a rather reactionary one ? No one likes seeing anyone sacked but the fact is he's gone so surely we should all get behind a new team and hopefully see some improvement ? 

I would have thought if you were a real season ticket holder you'd be there to see the team and not Alex Rae?..... but now i think about it .......

1 hour ago, Loyal Supporter said:

Maybe it's time you changed your name .

9 hours ago, paulsmfc said:

If allowed, how would you have voted.

Glad to see the board make the decision quickly. If we can get the right manager in  the season can still be salvaged. It’s early in the season and we are only 7 points off the playoffs. I think on paper we have a good team and just need a couple of players to strengthen in the middle of the park and defence.