Alex Rae: sacked!

ulysses

In future season we paid off managers early but had to keep most of their duff signings on 1 year contracts until they expired... 8 managers / assistants / coaches paid off early since Danny, I'll wager the compo payments will give DL's transfer mutual consenters a run for their money... now who 'signed' all the duff managers and coaches often without interviewing more than a handful of people each time?

Now i agree with you there mr Gilmour every time he made a lot off errors of the past 4/5 seasons

New beginnings now hopefully the new chairman can take his time and get the next one right

• 3 weeks later...

2 hours ago, Julian Banjos said:

Alex Rae on the radio just now covering the Saints' game. He said that, from day one, his relationship with Gordon Scott wasn't good.

Blamed pretty much everything but himself. Didn't get on with Scott, Longwell left, Caldwell left, physios left, players left.....

Blamed pretty much everything but himself. Didn't get on with Scott, Longwell left, Caldwell left, physios left, players left.....

He'll know his days as a manager are finished. No one else will go near him, and no wonder. He really lost the plot over the summer.

Time for him to stick to the media and for us to forget all about him.

2 hours ago, TopCat said:

He'll know his days as a manager are finished. No one else will go near him, and no wonder. He really lost the plot over the summer.

Time for him to stick to the media and for us to forget all about him.

We weren't world beaters last year, but there was a definite collapse in form. 

We lacked motivation, dig, fitness and mental toughness.  All things that he did bring last year.  It seemed that he just wasn't interested. And he's a hundred percent responsible for that. 

Mistakes in the transfer market, poor tactics, no game plan, we kind of expected, but he didn't seem to offer anything and McManus has made a change just by not being Alex.

5 hours ago, Julian Banjos said:

Alex Rae on the radio just now covering the Saints' game. He said that, from day one, his relationship with Gordon Scott wasn't good.

That surprises me

i thought all the speakers at the SMISA event at UWS were all speaking from the same brief 

both Gordan and Alex gave a united message ?

Yeah, talked about a club falling apart. Hope he enjoyed his day out co-commentating today. [emoji4]

Yip, BBC Scotland, Chic Young et al were not speaking to kindly of our club today!

Has Willie Miller got dementia does anyone know?? Kept repeating that me must soend within our means. If there was a living within there means world cup we would be the holders

30 minutes ago, Buddy Marvellous said:

Yip, BBC Scotland, Chic Young et al were not speaking to kindly of our club today!

Has Willie Miller got dementia does anyone know?? Kept repeating that me must soend within our means. If there was a living within there means world cup we would be the holders

Why would anybody even put the radio on to listen to the likes of Young and Miller ?  Have they ever said anything remotely interesting ?

Chick Young is pals with Rae and slated the fan ownership model. No surprise he's now slating us.

I have a lot of time for the old board they did wonders. But I'm a bit concerned the wooden spoon is being put in by the old board. Rae has admitted SG has been on the phone to him concerned . Come on SG your a Saints fan time we stuck together we all know you are not a GS fan. This is not about individuals this is about St Mirren.

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I have a lot of time for the old board they did wonders. But I'm a bit concerned the wooden spoon is being put in by the old board. Rae has admitted SG has been on the phone to him concerned . Come on SG your a Saints fan time we stuck together we all know you are not a GS fan. This is not about individuals this is about St Mirren.

Thankfully they're both history Ian , they were both instrumental in creating the current mess ! Any genuine concern from either of them should be for the precarious situation they have created at the club !

Gilmour tweeted Div saying I hope nobody has put you up to this after he had put up a poll on twitter asking who the fans wanted to be next manager and it was clear Ross was favourite.

Gilmour should remember it was him that got us in this mess with his penny pinching appointments.

I would like to think the old board would've acted the same way and sacked the manager who took us to the bottom of the league. His stubbornness in playing the same system week in week out showed he lacked the knowledge of how to change it, or his determination not to admit defeat that he was wrong.

It's funny that Gilmour has become so vocal and involved in the goings on at the club now he's out considering it was a completely closed shop in terms of information and interaction by the end of his tenure. 

I'll never forget sitting in the stand the day of the Rangers liquidation discussion, being asked to take a democratic show of hands and then being condescendingly told that those of us who didn't want Rangers punished for their actions were putting SMFC and it's future at risk. 

He lost a lot of credibility in my eyes that day. His opinion matters heehaw now. 

Edited by djchapsticks

4 minutes ago, Big Jake said:

I would like to think the old board would've acted the same way and sacked the manager who took us to the bottom of the league. His stubbornness in playing the same system week in week out showed he lacked the knowledge of how to change it, or his determination not to admit defeat that he was wrong.

Gilmour has already gone on record saying Rae should have got more time.

FWIW, I think Scott, after a slow start, has got everything spot on the last few weeks. Long may it continue.

It's funny that Gilmour has become so vocal and involved in the goings on at the club now he's out considering it was a completely closed shop in terms of information and interaction by the end of his tenure. 

I'll never forget sitting in the stand the day of the Rangers liquidation discussion, being asked to take a democratic show of hands and then being condescendingly told that those of us who didn't want Rangers punished for their actions were putting SMFC and it's future at risk. 

He lost a lot of credibility in my eyes that day. His opinion matters heehaw now. 

Be fair. His opinion probably matters as much as the rest of us on here. I just hope that if he's posting on here he's man enough not to hide behind an alias.

IMO he lost all credibility in September 2002. It wasn't just the sacking of Tom Hendrie that sickened me, it was the way it was done - particularly in the use of the official website. By the time we'd got to the Rangers saga nothing was a surprise to me, not even the disgraceful way he attacked SFL chairman just days after telling us to leave them alone.

Some people still love him and credit him with saving the club. That's fair enough if it's their honest opinion. For me hes the man who killed the St Mirren FC that I loved.