Welcome Home Gus MacPherson

shull

I can not believe such a suggestion. The board has made so many mistakes and this wold be just adding to the nonsense. Gus has had his day and his defensive tactics especially in the league cup final against a 9 man Rangers is sufficient! No way should this happen and many fans will despair if it materialises. It is perfectly obvious who they should go for. John Hughes will get the players in harmony and if he cost a bit more then its got to be faced. Much better than Division 1  !!!!

Let common sense prevail ! Even Mixu would be better than reappointing Gus!

A lot of biting off the nose to spite the face going on here.

Gus has proven he can take a team at the bottom of the second tier (us currently) to be an established top flight side.

Yet it seems some fans don't want him to do this again. Why?

Personally I would give him a deal to the end of the season. He will keep us up, and we review the situation in May.

Indeed . 

It's got to be Gus. 

No doubt Davies is a decent Manager 

My gut feeling is he would be an absolute disaster for the Club, causing a lot of unrest and money. 

Wee Baldy to rescue our damn Club. 

12 hours ago, glenmorangie said:

I can not believe such a suggestion. The board has made so many mistakes and this wold be just adding to the nonsense. Gus has had his day and his defensive tactics especially in the league cup final against a 9 man Rangers is sufficient! No way should this happen and many fans will despair if it materialises. It is perfectly obvious who they should go for. John Hughes will get the players in harmony and if he cost a bit more then its got to be faced. Much better than Division 1  !!!!

Let common sense prevail ! Even Mixu would be better than reappointing Gus!

Er...perhaps in general his tactics were defensive, but to use the league cup final as an example is bizarre.  We lost because we went chasing the game, piling men forward when Rangers were down to 9 men and leaving ourselves totally exposed to the counter attack.  It was anything but defensive!

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Says the guy who started a thread about fans hounding folk out the club - ffs you couldn't make it up sometimes !!!

Fans hounded the Manager. 

Players got off scot free. 

PLEASE READ  THE FORUM MORE CAREFULLY. 

A lot of biting off the nose to spite the face going on here.

Gus has proven he can take a team at the bottom of the second tier (us currently) to be an established top flight side.

Yet it seems some fans don't want him to do this again. Why?

Personally I would give him a deal to the end of the season. He will keep us up, and we review the situation in May.

Have a lot of respect for Gus thing it never quite works second time around. Gus has had his day with St Mirren time to move on to pastures new. Scott thankfully is taking his time which means Gus will not be appointed I'm guessing. Time for someone new. Proven track record, ambitious, If at all a soft spot for the club. That will be Billy Davies then .

Would be marvellous if we could and play the Under 20's till we get reinforcements. 

The present Squad have been a f**king disgrace. 

Maybe they didn't like the Manager but they should be 100 % professional for the fans. 

1 hour ago, shull said:

Fans hounded the Manager.

Players got off scot free.

PLEASE READ  THE FORUM MORE CAREFULLY.

So it's OK for fans to hound one but not the other. It's either OK for fans to hound employees of the club or it isn't, their position within the club is irrelevant.