New Official St Mirren Website

shull

48 minutes ago, rebella15 said:

Do not think this is one of our priorities! !

I am perhaps biased because I've been working on this with the club, but I think this is an important project.

Firstly this is primarily the vehicle for the club communicating with the fans. There will be a couple of immediate improvements in this area including regular updates from the Chairman on what's been happening in and around the club and a suggestion wall where fans can post and vote on ideas etc....

Secondly, and this won't be covered in this initial phase, the club is looking to increase revenue by virtue of making it easier to spend money on club services by doing a lot more business online. More revenue means more for the playing budget at the end of the day.

A lot of work has gone into this from a lot of different areas right back to a study done on the current official website by UWS students a year or so ago.

Hopefully the first phase will be well received but there's lots more to come on this.

57 minutes ago, div said:

I am perhaps biased because I've been working on this with the club, but I think this is an important project.

Firstly this is primarily the vehicle for the club communicating with the fans. There will be a couple of immediate improvements in this area including regular updates from the Chairman on what's been happening in and around the club and a suggestion wall where fans can post and vote on ideas etc....

Secondly, and this won't be covered in this initial phase, the club is looking to increase revenue by virtue of making it easier to spend money on club services by doing a lot more business online. More revenue means more for the playing budget at the end of the day.

A lot of work has gone into this from a lot of different areas right back to a study done on the current official website by UWS students a year or so ago.

Hopefully the first phase will be well received but there's lots more to come on this.

Thanks for you hard work div. I'm sure it will be good.

site needed updated but the biggest problem is lack of communication ,last weeks example was nothing about u20 on official site until 48hrs after game was finished ,this is very poor

Agreed. I haven't thought to look at the official site in the last 10 years.I won't be tempted to have a peak at new site either.

We find out what we need to know here and first, hours or days before the official site.

No need to leave the home of the 'Real Saints News' :)

site needed updated but the biggest problem is lack of communication ,last weeks example was nothing about u20 on official site until 48hrs after game was finished ,this is very poor

The site is actually updated very regularly compared to a lot of other sites of clubs our size.

1 hour ago, whydowebother said:

Agreed. I haven't thought to look at the official site in the last 10 years.I won't be tempted to have a peak at new site either.

We find out what we need to know here and first, hours or days before the official site.

No need to leave the home of the 'Real Saints News' :)

Can you explain how you know this if you haven't visited the official site in the last 10 years?

Pedant alert - peak:- the pointed top of a mountain or ridge

peek:- to look or glance quickly or furtively

Can I be the first one to say, "I liked the old one better".[emoji14]

I'm totally expecting that to be honest!

One of the main pushes for design change is that the current site isn't responsive. It doesn't work well on mobile devices and with 60% of traffic coming on mobile that's a problem.

Norrie has been working hard keeping both sites up to date the last couple of weeks!

21 minutes ago, div said:

I'm totally expecting that to be honest!

One of the main pushes for design change is that the current site isn't responsive. It doesn't work well on mobile devices and with 60% of traffic coming on mobile that's a problem.

Norrie has been working hard keeping both sites up to date the last couple of weeks!

I was actually only joking.

I didn't even know the new one was up and running.:lol:

Do you have a link to it?