New Official St Mirren Website

shull

When you click on the tickets page , there doesnt appear to be a quick link back to home page. I know its only a back click away but other pages seem to have the quick link back.

Well done to all , great improvement , looks a treat. :happyclapper

ps, could we have the links to the St.Mirren shop and the King of cock ups site open in new window ?

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

2 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

When you click on the tickets page , there doesnt appear to be a quick link back to home page. I know its only a back click away but other pages seem to have the quick link back.

Well done to all , great improvement , looks a treat. :happyclapper

ps, could we have the links to the St.Mirren shop and the King of cock ups site open in new window ?

That's a good point mate, I will speak to the guys that do the ticket site and get something added to that.

On 9/20/2016 at 9:46 PM, div said:

I am perhaps biased because I've been working on this with the club, but I think this is an important project.

Firstly this is primarily the vehicle for the club communicating with the fans. There will be a couple of immediate improvements in this area including regular updates from the Chairman on what's been happening in and around the club and a suggestion wall where fans can post and vote on ideas etc....

Secondly, and this won't be covered in this initial phase, the club is looking to increase revenue by virtue of making it easier to spend money on club services by doing a lot more business online. More revenue means more for the playing budget at the end of the day.

A lot of work has gone into this from a lot of different areas right back to a study done on the current official website by UWS students a year or so ago.

Hopefully the first phase will be well received but there's lots more to come on this.

Makes sense to me and the new format/layout is more friendly to phones and hand held devices.

Please include booking parking at the stadium as an online facility.

7 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Makes sense to me and the new format/layout is more friendly to phones and hand held devices.

Please include booking parking at the stadium as an online facility.

Yes mate we now want to look at each service in turn and one by one, where possible, introduce online booking.

The technicalities of taking payments online are fairly trivial but some of the services have what I would term "multi-channel" sales.

If you take hospitality for instance there is a finite number of spaces and the sales are presently coming via phone, via email, even via post!

So if we take sales online we need there to be a process in place where all the sales are recorded and the number of available places online needs to adjust accordingly. Last thing we want is to take a booking online when the place is already full.

So it becomes less of a technical issue and more of a process one.

I know that's all wanky talk but hopefully you get what I mean!

We will deal with each service one by one and probably tick off the low hanging fruit first like car parking, buy a brick, B&W Magazine etc....

We'll go after each one until we are finished, then we'll start looking at completely new ones that don't currently exist like Dome Bookings and the like!