5-10 Year Business Plan - An Investors Guide

St.Ricky

I am on this site because I am a St Mirren Fan. My two sons and grandson also support the team. So far none of us has signed up for the fan buy out.

I would welcome details of any proposed 5 to 110 year plan for the club which sets out the purpose,  vision and objectives.

This may encourage us and perhaps others to sign up.

38 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I am on this site because I am a St Mirren Fan. My two sons and grandson also support the team. So far none of us has signed up for the fan buy out.

I would welcome details of any proposed 5 to 110 year plan for the club which sets out the purpose,  vision and objectives.

This may encourage us and perhaps others to sign up.

Email [email protected] to ask questions or come along and have a chat with us. Meanwhile have a look round the website www.smisa.net

20 hours ago, buddiecat said:

Email [email protected] to ask questions or come along and have a chat with us. Meanwhile have a look round the website www.smisa.net

Thanks for the offer. What I am looking for however is a plan to be put forward to all supporters, whether inside or outside the present scheme.

A great opportunity to involve all fans.

4 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Thanks for the offer. What I am looking for however is a plan to be put forward to all supporters, whether inside or outside the present scheme.

A great opportunity to involve all fans.

I think it's a little bit worrying that a plan hasn't been put forward publicly by now. While I understand there is probably a steep learning curve going on it gives a kind of hollow feel to the whole thing. After all we were told that there would be fresh ideas flowing after the last board appeared to run out of ideas but there hasn't been a great deal of that in evidence yet. 

Slightly off topic so bear with me, but a few days ago I was reading an old article in one of the newspapers about the political parties in the run up to Scottish Independence Referendum. It talked about how when you scrutinised the promises being put forward in the white paper it was clear that many were in conflict with each other. One example was the SNP's insistence that Scotland would have a Green economy despite planning to exploit all of the North Sea Oil to maximum capacity to boost revenues from oil taxes. It talked about how the various factions were so disparate that it was easier just for no-one to raise those issues and to silence anyone who might to stop the party from falling into bickering mode. 

I know SMiSA's Chairman is an SNP MSP and I wonder if this has been marketed in much the same way - ie very disparate ideas on the SMiSA committee and amongst the football board of directors and that not outlining them publicly saves from the fall out that might ensue? 

16 hours ago, buddiecat said:

Bit of work to be done on that, we are on it and planning though.

Glad to hear that. I know that my sons and I plus my grandson will be interested in the outcome.

We do look on it as an investment, abeit not one from which anyone should expect to make money but rather a social investment with clearly set out outcomes.

Thats what we will be investing in, if we do.

http://www.stmirren.com/news/club/club-news/190-update-from-the-chairman First class. This gives some communication by the club to the supporters. I was particularity glad to read the official view on the raised platform for the disabled people.

Stuart Dickson wrote " I know SMiSA's Chairman is an SNP MSP and I wonder if this has been marketed in much the same way - ie very disparate ideas on the SMiSA committee and amongst the football board of directors and that not outlining them publicly saves from the fall out that might ensue?" Stuart is entitled to his opinion as much as me and I think he is wrong in his comparison.

My own view is St.Mirren Football Club appear to be in a  situation where things on and off the pitch will improve.. We are very lucky to have Gordon Scott as Chairman of the board an astute business man and avid St.Mirren man, both SMISA members as well and having 2 other St.Mirren men through and through.Having George Adams as chairman of SMISA was a stroke of genius, he was not only well known as an SNP MSP, his commitment to St.Mirren his willingness to talk to individuals and groups and another St.Mirren man within the club, with an agenda of helping St.Mirren however he could.

We all know that the managers we have had and some players still at the club have proved less than useless. They were more interested than the money they are getting rather than showing commitment to St.Mirren  I have great faith in the board we have and like many a St.Mirren fan predict we soon will be back to the top nonchalance.

Edited by stripey
missed word

1 hour ago, stripey said:

http://www.stmirren.com/news/club/club-news/190-update-from-the-chairman First class. This gives some communication by the club to the supporters. I was particularity glad to read the official view on the raised platform for the disabled people.

Stuart Dickson wrote " I know SMiSA's Chairman is an SNP MSP and I wonder if this has been marketed in much the same way - ie very disparate ideas on the SMiSA committee and amongst the football board of directors and that not outlining them publicly saves from the fall out that might ensue?" Stuart is entitled to his opinion as much as me and I think he is wrong in his comparison.

My own view is St.Mirren Football Club appear to be in a  situation where things on and off the pitch will improve.. We are very lucky to have Gordon Scott as Chairman of the board an astute business man and avid St.Mirren man, both SMISA members as well and having 2 other St.Mirren men through and through.Having George Adams as chairman of SMISA was a stroke of genius, he was not only well known as an SNP MSP, his commitment to St.Mirren his willingness to talk to individuals and groups and another St.Mirren man within the club, with an agenda of helping St.Mirren however he could.

We all know that the managers we have had and some players still at the club have proved less than useless. They were more interested than the money they are getting rather than showing commitment to St.Mirren  I have great faith in the board we have and like many a St.Mirren fan predict we soon will be back to the top nonchalance.

I hope you are right Stripey. 

Where I was coming from with that post, which perhaps wasn't the best worded, was that the article I read on the PR that the SNP used was that if they refused to discuss contentious issues that might split the party, even to the point of stifling debate, then "Yes" could mean anything and everything to those who believed in Independence. To a certain extent I can see the same kind of thing happening here with SMiSA - perhaps understandably - because the minute a business plan does get published, I'm sure there will be no end of people lining up to criticise it and to pick it apart. 

Anyway, never mind. I'm delighted that the viewing platform is going ahead. Hopefully it will be the start of something rather than the end. For example it would be good to see St Mirren follow Sunderlands example by creating a sensory room to ensure that the club caters for the needs and requirements for as large a section of the community as is reasonably possible. 

3 hours ago, aldo_j said:

You generally won't see a plan in the first 100 days, that's my experience anyway after being involved in acquisitions. I would expect to see more as we head towards Christmas.

To be fair, 100 days is both an arbitrary number AND kinda milking it in this context.

this is not a new or surprising opportunity.

Any targets have been aligned for a long, long time. There is a perfectly adequate new ground, transport links, a fab training facility.

the problems are glaringly obvious, and the solutions (if any) must have been long mulled over.  

It's not a startlingly new business presenting a dazzlingly different product to a new, unwitting market.

WE will buy into anything offered.  It's all about the team on the pitch - its performance may attract new custom.

only from that success can other things be developed.  Not wanting to be a wet blanket, but it is that simple.

it's always about the team on the park.

Edited by antrin

20 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I hope you are right Stripey. 

Where I was coming from with that post, which perhaps wasn't the best worded, was that the article I read on the PR that the SNP used was that if they refused to discuss contentious issues that might split the party, even to the point of stifling debate, then "Yes" could mean anything and everything to those who believed in Independence. To a certain extent I can see the same kind of thing happening here with SMiSA - perhaps understandably - because the minute a business plan does get published, I'm sure there will be no end of people lining up to criticise it and to pick it apart. 

Anyway, never mind. I'm delighted that the viewing platform is going ahead. Hopefully it will be the start of something rather than the end. For example it would be good to see St Mirren follow Sunderlands example by creating a sensory room to ensure that the club caters for the needs and requirements for as large a section of the community as is reasonably possible. 

Thank you on both accounts Stuart.

1 hour ago, antrin said:

To be fair, 100 days is both an arbitrary number AND kinda milking it in this context.

this is not a new or surprising opportunity.

Any targets have been aligned for a long, long time. There is a perfectly adequate new ground, transport links, a fab training facility.

the problems are glaringly obvious, and the solutions (if any) must have been long mulled over.  

It's not a startlingly new business presenting a dazzlingly different product to a new, unwitting market.

WE will buy into anything offered.  It's all about the team on the pitch - its performance may attract new custom.

only from that success can other things be developed.  Not wanting to be a wet blanket, but it is that simple.

it's always about the team on the park.

Yes, but you don't exactly appear on day 1 and start implemting things. Wouldn't really be fruitful to say "we are going to build a hotel" then a couple months down the line find that it's improbable. 

• 4 weeks later...