Slash

Next St Mirren Manager - Merged

I wish the Board would stop f**king about and go and get Gus in place for Saturday at East End Park. 

We have, at least, 4th place to achieve. 

Billy Davies will cause us havoc and a lot of money. 

I wish the Board would stop f**king about and go and get Gus in place for Saturday at East End Park. 

We have, at least, 4th place to achieve. 

Billy Davies will cause us havoc and a lot of money. 

Keep your eye on the road mate.

3 hours ago, div said:

So for those reasons, I wouldn't like Gus to return to the club personally.

If we could get a Billy Davies or a Yogi Hughes I think it sparks some excitment. Sure it might not work out, every appointment is a risk, but surely any manager worth his salt would at least be able to keep us in the Championship and thats first and foremost the immediate priority. Neither of those two big names would struggle with that???

I'm hoping for one of those two. Davies would be my number one choice now given that he seems to be up for it. Hughes my next preference.

Largely agreed.

I couldn't live throught the trauma of the 9 men again though, so no thanks to Gus.

Also Billy Davies seems to be a complete nutter whose spent 1 mainly disastrous year out of the last 5 in employment.  Hardly what I would normally consider a glowing CV. Don't really see the attraction myself.

Hughes should be a safe bet I would have thought.

But as said any manager worth his salt should be able to keep us in the Championship I would have thought.

6 hours ago, DougJamie said:

And above is why we have fickle supporters, bottom of championship and plummeting.

Gus has a record miles ahead of any of the last 5 managers, He took as far as the top league.... eh what do you want Europe. challenge Tic... Get Real

Hughes not good enough.... well I would take his failure any day right now. Scottish Cup and Europe - FFS

Someone young  You mean like Murray, Rae and Teale...

Honestly- St Mirren are not a big club... we have no claim to be top 6, top league..... Bigger Clubs than us have faltered. Pars to name one...

But are they going sack their manager because they are not going to get bpromoted?

Rae had to go..... he was not interested in Saints... that's what I want, some passion, some identity , and some ideas. Gus or Billy D .

Disagree about the Pars though, 

After watching Craig Gordon stay on the park ,I don't know if it's worth all the hassle in the Premier.

all the hatred some clubs bring and get all the TV money and dodgy decisions.

Or as has been said "an honest mistake" "all we want is the big decisions correct"

Yes let's have attractive football,plenty goals, and see where it takes us, I wouldn't lose any sleep about the top league.

"I would just love it" if some other "big" clubs came down especially Aberdeen ,Motherwell who had league reorganisation save them ,if I remember correctly

Just my thoughts today, maybe different tomorrow :P

Largely agreed.

I couldn't live throught the trauma of the 9 men again though, so no thanks to Gus.

Also Billy Davies seems to be a complete nutter whose spent 1 mainly disastrous year out of the last 5 in employment.  Hardly what I would normally consider a glowing CV. Don't really see the attraction myself.

Hughes should be a safe bet I would have thought.

But as said any manager worth his salt should be able to keep us in the Championship I would have thought.

Dont tell me you are a sweetie wife who listens to Chinese whispers. This a man who has managed at a very high level so good one club asked him back twice. I remember the football Motherwell played under Davies very exciting. He is a top bloke spoke to him a few times when he played for us.

Ok, I don't think Hughes is very good, his grammar and grasp of the English language is pretty shit and one of our previous managers got slaughtered for this seemingly critical part of a mangers skill set. :rolleyes:

I'll get back on all the other names being mentioned as I'm way behind in posting on this thread. 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Ok, I don't think Hughes is very good, his grammar and grasp of the English language is pretty shit and one of our previous managers got slaughtered for this seemingly critical part of a mangers skill set. :rolleyes:

I'll get back on all the other names being mentioned as I'm way behind in posting on this thread. 

What about Sir Alex and his vewy pwod patter.

Edited by Kendo

9 hours ago, DougJamie said:

And above is why we have fickle supporters, bottom of championship and plummeting.

Gus has a record miles ahead of any of the last 5 managers, He took as far as the top league.... eh what do you want Europe. challenge Tic... Get Real

Hughes not good enough.... well I would take his failure any day right now. Scottish Cup and Europe - FFS

Someone young  You mean like Murray, Rae and Teale...

Honestly- St Mirren are not a big club... we have no claim to be top 6, top league..... Bigger Clubs than us have faltered. Pars to name one...

But are they going sack their manager because they are not going to get bpromoted?

Rae had to go..... he was not interested in Saints... that's what I want, some passion, some identity , and some ideas. Gus or Billy D .

Dougie Jamie , your spot on with The Passion and identity . If it's not Billy Davies then you've convinced me lets go with GUS cause he won't take any nonsense and makes the place a bit of a fortress . I can see the problem being Billy Davies won't be cheap but he would be great choice . 

20 minutes ago, Loyal Supporter said:

Dougie Jamie , your spot on with The Passion and identity . If it's not Billy Davies then you've convinced me lets go with GUS cause he won't take any nonsense and makes the place a bit of a fortress . I can see the problem being Billy Davies won't be cheap but he would be great choice . 

Davies, in my opinion, would be a sticking plaster.

I'm pretty sure he would see himself as much better than us , so yes, he may bring some short term wins ...but I'd be convinced it would be to raise his profile to get a bigger move.

That's fine with players but with a manager? I think we need longer term stability

3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Dont tell me you are a sweetie wife who listens to Chinese whispers. This a man who has managed at a very high level so good one club asked him back twice. I remember the football Motherwell played under Davies very exciting. He is a top bloke spoke to him a few times when he played for us.

f**k off - no it wasn't. And I went to a hell of a lot of matches in the seasons where him and Eric Black ruled the roost. It was turgid pish most weeks despite the big money signings.