Slash

Next St Mirren Manager - Merged

11 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

No, you prefer to shit spread on behalf of the chairman. Karma is a bitch!

Everyday is a complete disaster for you on this forum :lol:

Looking forward to seeing stubbzo lead the troops out against Celtic :wink:

3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

He didn't leak info, it was already out in the public domain. He only commented on what he had heard, same as many fans. I doubt he would take and confidential information given to him by the club (probably doesn't even get such info) and purpusely leak it. 

The fact that he ended the tweet with a wink suggests that he was sharing some information he had been fed.

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

There is no board, there is one lion, the rest are sheep.

They'll be a whole flock of them when the supporters(alias fans) take over. :rolleyes:

Edited by pod

3 hours ago, JJ McG said:

I think it’s too much of a gamble for Goodwin just now, think it would end badly.

My choice is McIntyre but have a feeling it will be Gus.

More of a gamble taking on a guy who's just relegated his team to the bottom tier surely? And one who hasn't managed at the top level for nearly a decade.

Time will tell I guess. 

3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

To maintain it for almost two full seasons though including promoted in a play-off over bigger, stronger teams is a great achievement. Like I say, anyone else linked has failed in at least one job. He's young, passionate and modern thinking. Hands down should get it if interested. Another Jack Ross mold. 

I think you're maybe over-egging here to be fair. As I said I have nothing against Goodwin and he would absolutely get my full support.

He took over a team that was recruited well for and had been well managed, the reason we got Ross. He took over a team that had started the season really well and finished the season second to the big team in the league (Livy) in his first season and third to the two big teams (Raith Rovers & Ayr) in his second season. Good achievements and not to be slighted but similarly not built up either, having come down from the championship they pretty well held station with what would be expected of them against the rest of the teams in their league. As I have said a few times this is not any sort of out-down of Goodwin.

We are not in the same position as Alloa were when they made their last managerial appointment and rest assured that if Goodwin doesn't move on at some point he too will eventually face being removed when things go stale.

Like Stubbs the poor bugger that has just walked off with 75k for 3 months work, poor bugger indeed. :lol:

Anymore square go’s lined up for today? :lol:

Quite happily give up my job and retire for that amount. 

Like Stubbs the poor bugger that has just walked off with 75k for 3 months work, poor bugger indeed. :lol:

Anymore square go’s lined up for today? :lol:

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

You offering?

Which one,  the 75k,  3 months work or the square go. :rolleyes:

Can`t see it being either Goodwin or Gus,

Jim has already said it was too early for him, and was happy to stay part time with Alloa. so whats changed there ? nothing,  plus we would have to pay compensation for a inexperienced manager who`s team are sitting 2nd bottom of the championship, your having a laugh surely.  

Appointing Gus goes against Gordon Scott wishes to watch entertaining football  Gus`s style of football the last time he was here was dull and boring and that would be even more tragic than watching the shite Stubbs served up at least that got our blood boiling. We are being asked to pay for season tickets, buddie vision, 1877 club, and smisa donation then get bored out our skulls, Gus has had his time no thanks,

That's leaves McIntyre and probably his little side kick Billy Dodds.  doesn't exactly get the juices flowing and just seems a bit of the same old same old to me, one positive that Shull pointed out though it would at least get Doddsy of the radio lol.

So who could be next ?

Its time for the board to earn there corn that's there job, can they hopefully find a wee gem that no ones mentioned here so far, 

9 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Jim has already said it was too early for him, and was happy to stay part time with Alloa. so whats changed there ? nothing,  plus we would have to pay compensation for a inexperienced manager who`s team are sitting 2nd bottom of the championship, your having a laugh surely.  

Appointing Gus goes against Gordon Scott wishes to watch entertaining football  Gus`s style of football the last time he was here was dull and boring and that would be even more tragic than watching the shite Stubbs served up at least that got our blood boiling. We are being asked to pay for season tickets, buddie vision, 1877 club, and smisa donation then get bored out our skulls, Gus has had his time no thanks,

That's leaves McIntyre and probably his little side kick Billy Dodds.  doesn't exactly get the juices flowing and just seems a bit of the same old same old to me, one positive that Shull pointed out though it would at least get Doddsy of the radio lol.

So who could be next ?

Its time for the board to earn there corn that's there job, can they hopefully find a wee gem that no ones mentioned here so far, 

Probably that irish fellow that they interviewed along with a load of others and ended up with billy bulls##t stubbs with his managerial expertise and premiership contacts. Out of all the players he brought in which ones were the marquee signings. 

4 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

So who could be next ?

What is a wee gem ?  Do you mean like a Tommy Wright or Steve Robinson.... both served as assistants before being shoved into lime light.

The Premiership is littered with years of experience, only exception to that is Gerrard but he has millions behind him............... only Canning who again came up with Neil and McCann is who as bad as Stubbs if not worse.................

Genuine question- I know Jack Ross was a bit left field- so by that Goodie is the next natural Jack mode...............?

Looking in the championship- Morton and Falkirk recently sacked experience , County have gone with through the ranks....................... United and Ayr have experience, Archiebald like Canning thru Ranks

It wasn't that long ago, Yogi had Caley winning a cup, and finishing 3 rd in League, strange how no one mentions him.................. Caley have pretty much same budget if not smaller............

I just hope, whoever it is, manages to reunite the players, bring in his own people, and shoulder responsibility. They know the cards they have to play with till Jan, and then regardless the BOD must release funds and we go and get targets..... hopefully Dundee wont sack McCann and Accies wont sack Canning that way we wont be adrift

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Whatever poor bugger ends up in the chair, they will, under this board be thrown to the lions!

this board refuse to take responsibility for their failings.

I'd say that sacking a guy after 4 league games couldn't be a better example of a board taking responsibility for their failings!

Clearly an embarrassing thing for them to have to do, but do it they did, because they knew if was the right thing to do.

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

5 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I'd say that sacking a guy after 4 league games couldn't be a better example of a board taking responsibility for their failings!

Clearly an embarrassing thing for them to have to do, but do it they did, because they knew if was the right thing to do.

I can get this, whether it is "the right thing to do" remains to be seen as nothing was, or is, certain, especially in football. 

16 minutes ago, Paisley brazilians said:

With the transfer window slammed shut it would need to be neil lennon who takes over from stubbs he's the only guy who can get an entire team on an emergency loan. 

Why is that window always getting "slammed shut".  Can't someone just gently close it one year?

14 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I can get this, whether it is "the right thing to do" remains to be seen as nothing was, or is, certain, especially in football. 

Agreed. I really meant that in their minds it was the right thing to do, despite it being embarrassing.

I just happen to agree with them. I guess we’ll never know though, because it doesn’t matter how utterly shite the next guy is, that won’t necessarily mean that it was wrong to bag Stubbs.

My current top 3 preferences (in order, and keeping it realistic):

1. Jim Goodwin

2. Jim McIntyre

3. Danny Lennon

Danny is my wildcard. I did consider sticking Gus down there, but couldn't quite bring myself to do it (albeit I wouldn't be unduly perturbed if he did get a short term deal).

Jim G, because he is Jim G. Jim M because he has been here before and would probably be solid enough. Danny, well Danny is a good guy, and has more than done us a turn in the past. We would know what we are getting which might not be a bad thing just now. The same rationale would apply to Gus.

I really can't see Danny being offered it, but wanted to include a left field option.

I think it will be between the other three.

Thank Christ I don't have to make this call.

FWIW, I don't think anything that would be too out there would be advisable just now. We need to steady the ship, first and foremost.

There is no absolutely obvious stand out candidate unfortunately, just as there wasn't in the summer.

Goodwin would probably unite the supporters from day one but it would be a risk given no experience of the top flight. Would he want to take it under these circumstances is another consideration. It's not an easy situation to inherit although I'd like to think some money will be found to use the free agent market to our benefit.

McIntyre doesn't thrill me but crucially he does have the top flight experience and presumably a good contact book to hit.

Gus doesn't thrill me either but he would certainly make us harder to beat. Would come straight in with some baggage though. A lot of fans didn't like him, particularly in the latter part of his reign.

I'm not really sure that the answer is. The available pool won't have changed significantly from the Summer.

2 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
6 hours ago, ulysses said:
I like the idea of Goodwin, I’m just not sure he’s ready yet.

McIntyre probably the safest pair of hands.

Ross County fans were happy to see him leave last season, which is a worry.

I think that happens eventually at every club with every manager.... McPherson gave us a solid time in the top tier after getting us promoted,  couple of semi-finals and a final plus the Bells Cup, plenty glad to see the back of him. Lennon, highest placed finish and League Cup, plenty glad to see the back of him and so on

14 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
6 hours ago, ulysses said:
I like the idea of Goodwin, I’m just not sure he’s ready yet.

McIntyre probably the safest pair of hands.

Ross County fans were happy to see him leave last season, which is a worry.

Fans are never happy, look where they ended up !

Left field candidate for me is Lambert till end of the season and take it from there.  Davies may be an option too, but doesn't seem a popular one either.

goodwin doesn't make sense in terms of experience and where we are. also what he said in the summer about not being ready. wouldn't rule it out though

Otherwise I think McIntyre is the standout candidate of the one's I can think of that are obvious.

If I was McIntyre, I'm not sure I would take it either having been passed over first time round ?

Edited by lenziebud