Slash

Next St Mirren Manager - Merged

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

What is a wee gem ?  Do you mean like a Tommy Wright or Steve Robinson.... both served as assistants before being shoved into lime light.

The Premiership is littered with years of experience, only exception to that is Gerrard but he has millions behind him............... only Canning who again came up with Neil and McCann is who as bad as Stubbs if not worse.................

Genuine question- I know Jack Ross was a bit left field- so by that Goodie is the next natural Jack mode...............?

Looking in the championship- Morton and Falkirk recently sacked experience , County have gone with through the ranks....................... United and Ayr have experience, Archiebald like Canning thru Ranks

It wasn't that long ago, Yogi had Caley winning a cup, and finishing 3 rd in League, strange how no one mentions him.................. Caley have pretty much same budget if not smaller............

I just hope, whoever it is, manages to reunite the players, bring in his own people, and shoulder responsibility. They know the cards they have to play with till Jan, and then regardless the BOD must release funds and we go and get targets..... hopefully Dundee wont sack McCann and Accies wont sack Canning that way we wont be adrift

Not on here but I have said I would like Yogi nobody can say he lacks passion like AS ( or so it appeared )

1 minute ago, ged62 said:

GLS is hanging on till the end of the season to see how we get on without a manager to save some money he wasted on Stubbs.....you heard it hear emoji12.pngemoji12.pngemoji12.png

Or Fitzy to take over for a third time.....

McIntyre's stats as a manager....................

G          W        D           L          Win %

Dunfermline Athletic4 December 200716 March 2012        195     77       53        65         39.49

Queen of the South27 June 20139 September 2014                54       25       9            20        46.30

Ross County9 September 201425 September 2017               137      50     33          54          36.50

Total                                                                                                                        386     152   95          139      39.38

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Dunfermline Athletic4 December 200716 March 2012        195     77       53        65         39.49

Queen of the South27 June 20139 September 2014                54       25       9            20        46.30

Ross County9 September 201425 September 2017               137      50     33          54          36.50

Total                                                                                                                        386     152   95          139      39.38

Well researched sir

His record at County wasn't that bad

1 minute ago, MWISAINT71 said:

Not on here but I have said I would like Yogi nobody can say he lacks passion like AS ( or so it appeared )

Yep don't see the issue with John Hughes. Farcical to see how he is passed over by fans. 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

aye you wanted stats a few weeks back when i suggested Livi were better than us just now ?. stats are for fools, they can be shown in whatever way suits your agenda

Just now, lenziebud said:

Yep don't see the issue with John Hughes. Farcical to see how he is passed over by fans. 

aye you wanted stats a few weeks back when i suggested Livi were better than us just now ?. stats are for fools, they can be shown in whatever way suits your agenda

I will tell Pep he is shite :rolleyes:

Guest TPAFKATS
Not relegated, having less than 30 pts which was less than we had 14-15 
Obviously not relegated, it wasn't the end of the season.
Alan Stubbs hasn't relegated us either

43 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

What is a wee gem ?  Do you mean like a Tommy Wright or Steve Robinson.... both served as assistants before being shoved into lime light.

The Premiership is littered with years of experience, only exception to that is Gerrard but he has millions behind him............... only Canning who again came up with Neil and McCann is who as bad as Stubbs if not worse.................

Genuine question- I know Jack Ross was a bit left field- so by that Goodie is the next natural Jack mode...............?

Looking in the championship- Morton and Falkirk recently sacked experience , County have gone with through the ranks....................... United and Ayr have experience, Archiebald like Canning thru Ranks

It wasn't that long ago, Yogi had Caley winning a cup, and finishing 3 rd in League, strange how no one mentions him.................. Caley have pretty much same budget if not smaller............

I just hope, whoever it is, manages to reunite the players, bring in his own people, and shoulder responsibility. They know the cards they have to play with till Jan, and then regardless the BOD must release funds and we go and get targets..... hopefully Dundee wont sack McCann and Accies wont sack Canning that way we wont be adrift

Goodie already said he didn't want the Job, my own opinion is,  so far he doesn't merit the job, his time may come yet? as for Jack I heard him on the radio before he went to Alloa, you could tell he was manager material told my mates in the pub that night just heard the future saints manager on the radio. he spoke about how he would study the player he was up against on a Friday night watching video clips youtube etc, and decide how he would play against him, how many players do you reckon did that back in the day on a Friday night , Jack was no left fielder mate he was on a few clubs radar,  and the board did well to snap him up when they did. and didn't they do well, they can do so again.

ps the next top manager to emerge over next couple of years will be Kenny Miller, you heard it here first.  And we better hope he doesn't take over from McCann.

Guest TPAFKATS
Decent numbers, if I'm reading them correctly - they are a bit off on my phone.

2 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Goodie already said he didn't want the Job, my own opinion is,  so far he doesn't merit the job, his time may come yet? as for Jack I heard him on the radio before he went to Alloa, you could tell he was manager material told my mates in the pub that night just heard the future saints manager on the radio. he spoke about how he would study the player he was up against on a Friday night watching video clips youtube etc, and decide how he would play against him, how many players do you reckon did that back in the day on a Friday night , Jack was no left fielder mate he was on a few clubs radar,  and the board did well to snap him up when they did. and didn't they do well, they can do so again.

ps the next top manager to emerge over next couple of years will be Kenny Miller, you heard it here first.  And we better hope he doesn't take over from McCann.

Now the 2 year deal makes sense :)

5 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Obviously not relegated, it wasn't the end of the season.
Alan Stubbs hasn't relegated us either emoji6.png

Not according to some on here.................... I think most agree McIntyre did a good job up there, this is Ross County... not Hibs 

7 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Naw Mate Cody Cooke will be a Leg :P

14 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

I didn't post them for any agenda, just facts/stats.

Livie are better than us................at this stage, aye, I prefer to see things over a longer period of time. 

FWIW I'd be surprised if we go for McIntyre, nothing to suggest he's going to be what we need, Jesus would be better suited. 

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Livie are better than us................at this stage, aye, I prefer to see things over a longer period of time. 

FWIW I'd be surprised if we go for McIntyre, nothing to suggest he's going to be what we need, Jesus would be better suited. 

Is Jesus available

Image result for big lebowski jesus

10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Also not convinced McIntyre would take it if offered. I personally wouldn't in his position. Like you i'm not convinced he will be offered it.