Slash

Next St Mirren Manager - Merged

Guest TPAFKATS
Not according to some on here.................... I think most agree McIntyre did a good job up there, this is Ross County... not Hibs 
No one on here thinks Stubbs has relegated us. Many think he would have, myself included.

I think mcintyre did a decent job at County, albeit with the chairman helping him to change a few payers each January.
County fans on the whole disagree particularly in his final season.
Dodds comes with him though

5 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

No one on here thinks Stubbs has relegated us. Many think he would have, myself included.

I think mcintyre did a decent job at County, albeit with the chairman helping him to change a few payers each January.
Dodds comes with him though emoji33.png

Don't concern yourself.........................:rolleyes:

7 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Gus McPherson ffs...

Correct me if i am wrong, but isnt this the same Gus McPherson that Scott mentioned before appointing Ross as "a manager that could only take you so far" and that was whilst we were botyom of the championship.

if Scott appoints him, then he has to go.

back in your kennal

12 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Dodds comes with him though emoji33.png

I’m regularly working between Dornoch and Inverness and I’ve yet to speak to a County fan who thinks it was right to sack him. 

Also, as already pointed out they were sitting 5th place and 6th place in the league table at the end of December 2015 and 2016 so claiming the successful seasons were largely down to the January window is completely false. 

10 minutes ago, Drew said:

No-one else going for Danny? :whistle

Like Gus, I'm not convinced going for a previous manager would be a good idea (unless Sunderland want to let Jack go :P)

Means he would arrive with baggage, and some fans instantly on his back.

Personally I'd prefer a fresh start. Goodwin would be the most popular, McIntyre would arguably be the most sensible.

With the best will in the world, I don’t think for one minute that Gus or Danny is the answer. I have total respect and pleasure from what they did for our club.
But, in my opinion, their ship has sailed and neither has done any better since leaving us.
Goodwin, cup winning captain and legend that he is, is too much of a risk at this stage with his lack of experience at this level. Bearing in mind he had a bit of a nightmare through Craig’s tenure.
We need someone to steady the ship, someone who can galvanise and inspire the squad that we have.
McIntyre? I’m not sure about although im only basing that on that he has been out of work since Ross county and, if I’m not mistaken was interviewed previously but Stubbs was chosen.
The board need to be clear, careful and totally confident in this crucial appointment.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I didn't post them for any agenda, just facts/stats.

Livie are better than us................at this stage, aye, I prefer to see things over a longer period of time. 

FIWIW I'd be surprised if we go for McIntyre, nothing to suggest he's going to be what we need, Jesus would be better suited. 

Yes because Jesus SAVES - 

The prize for the winner of Thursday’s Fan Council Golf Day is a three year deal to become the new St Mirren manager.

...I’ll need time to turn things around, so don’t judge me on the Celtic result. B)

Edited by pozbaird

15 minutes ago, div said:

Like Gus, I'm not convinced going for a previous manager would be a good idea (unless Sunderland want to let Jack go :P)

Means he would arrive with baggage, and some fans instantly on his back.

Personally I'd prefer a fresh start. Goodwin would be the most popular, McIntyre would arguably be the most sensible.

Aye, I was being a wee bit tongue in cheek, but I agree with what you are saying.

Heart says Goodwin, head says McIntyre.

Left armpit says Gus:zipit

Guest TPAFKATS
I’m regularly working between Dornoch and Inverness and I’ve yet to speak to a County fan who thinks it was right to sack him. 
Also, as already pointed out they were sitting 5th place and 6th place in the league table at the end of December 2015 and 2016 so claiming the successful seasons were largely down to the January window is completely false. 
They appeared to churn a lot of players in January, not saying the success was down to that. It is also widely recognised that McGregor bankrolls that club to keep the budget higher than turnover alone would indicate.
None of this is disparaging towards mcintyre who appears to have a decent win%.
Between the fans online who were happy to see him go and the ones you've spoken to that must be pretty much the whole support.

Barry Smith resigns from Raith Rovers

Second in the league by GD, but apparently cannot work with their chiefs any more. Possible we've made an approach?

Edited by Cornwall_Saint
The Sun talking shite as usual, they are 2nd, not top

40 minutes ago, Drew said:

No-one else going for Danny? :whistle

Personally , I don't think Danny deserved to get the sack . In the end he was treated badly by the Club as was Gary Teale , in my opinion , two guys who served the Club well and then got the shitty end of the stick. .but I don't know that taking Danny back now would be a good move.  .

6 hours ago, shull said:

Whatever poor bugger ends up in the chair, they will, under this board be thrown to the lions!

this board refuse to take responsibility for their failings.

Indeed, they offered our money, not theirs, to Stubbs along with a 3 year contract. 

A one year rolling contract would have been sufficient. 

If Stubbs had refused that, then don't feckin employ him and move on to the next applicant. 

THREE FECKING YEARS 

Hm'    Whatever poor bugger ends up in the chair, they will, under this board be thrown to the lions!   If only it were you .....................sigh

this board refuse to take responsibility for their failings.      Already done so by sacking Stubbs

Indeed, they offered our money, not theirs, to Stubbs along with a 3 year contract. 

A one year rolling contract would have been sufficient. 

If Stubbs had refused that, then don't feckin employ him and move on to the next applicant. 

THREE FECKING YEARS 

Thought I had sent you back to your kennel; just coming back out and barking some more and LOUDER doesn't mean people will understand you any better.  :lol:

6 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Whatever poor bugger ends up in the chair, they will, under this board be thrown to the lions!

this board refuse to take responsibility for their failings.

There is no board, there is one lion, the rest are sheep.

At last:  someone who has a bit of common  

It will need to be someone who knows the Scottish game inside out. That was the main stipulation the board had when appointing Stubbs. Which is why Kluivert and Guti didn't get a look in. 

They wanted him to do the same as Ross did and use his contacts in Scotland to overhaul the squad. He pretty much made his bed when he done the opposite of that and signed a bunch of diddies from England. 

Can see it being McIntyre. Seems really uninspiring but since we are in desperate times he might be the best option.