Slash

Next St Mirren Manager - Merged

1 hour ago, Wendy Saintss said:

You said you wanted McManus yesterday! emoji23.png

Honestly he did a great job as an intern manager I remember we played Hibs and thought what a difference. Was told he has no interest in management. Andy I was desperate just to see Stubbs go. Just want what's best for the club I don't have the answers.  My opinion is we need someone who can organise, bring the players together , stabilise.  keep us in the league. Its a tall ask but pray we can get the right man to do that. 

Personally , I don't think Danny deserved to get the sack . In the end he was treated badly by the Club as was Gary Teale , in my opinion , two guys who served the Club well and then got the shitty end of the stick. .but I don't know that taking Danny back now would be a good move.  .

He didn’t get sacked

5 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Probably but McCann still stands for now. Morton may have gone in for Smith.

Barry Smith is originally a Paisley boy. Even if he once played for Morton. Plenty of Managerial  experience including a 23 game unbeaten run with Dundee in the premier league.

Edited by East Lothian Saint

8 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Barry Smith is originally a Paisley boy. Even if he once played for Morton. Plenty of Managerial  experience including a 23 game unbeaten run with Dundee in the premier league.

Decent manager.  Was outsmarted by Jim Goodwin in the play offs.  Was at the match in Alloa. Very vocal. 

26 minutes ago, Robbie said:

Jim Duffy? Load of experience. Knows his way around the transfer markets. Thought Morton sacking him was strange move.

Speak to Morton fans and they’ll tell you that he deserved to go. Managed the playoffs one season, but the rest weren’t great.

It’s only down to his cheerleading pals in the media that clouds people’s judgement. 

35 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

He's gone quiet on his attack on Jack Ross as Sunderland appear to be doing much better than he envisaged.

1 hour ago, st jock said:

Has Dicko been on yet to bore everyone with Stephen Kenny...blah...blah...etc?

He's suggested it on one of the Facebook supporters pages. I think his latest account on here was banned.

1 hour ago, aldo_j said:

Speak to Morton fans and they’ll tell you that he deserved to go. Managed the playoffs one season, but the rest weren’t great.

It’s only down to his cheerleading pals in the media that clouds people’s judgement. 

Morton fans being a tad unrealistic IMO. Mid Championship is their level right now. In a league with many decent sized clubs this season they'll be lucky to make Top 6.

Although I must say I have enjoyed seeing Duffy's replacement walk out on them before August was out :lol:

Can anyone actually confirm who was  actually interviewed for the appointment when Stubbs got the job.
There were all sorts of loopy names mentioned but who actually turned up for interview.
Reports had Kluivert and Guti mentioned but were they ever actually invited for interview. Did Neilson Knock back the Job at the interview or did he knock back the interview.
Was Mcintyre  actually interviewed as some suggest?
Surely McCoist wasn't even on the shortlist?
I believe Stubbs and Oran Kearney were serious applicants but can anyone confirm who else the BOD actually interviewed.

Goodwin, Neilson, Mcintyre, Stubby, Kearney were all interviewd. Neilson pulled out pretty quickly followed by Goodwin.

McCall has learnt the lesson with age that being a brash, arsy type will inevitably come back and bit your arse quickly in Scottish football. He has had to take a few steps back to get his stock high again. He's always been a good manager. 

I like the idea of Mcintyre this time around. Again, a good manager. 

Strangely though and this is the double edged sword, guys like Mcintyre, McCall etc would be coming in and expected to keep us up because of their wealth of experience whilst a relative rookie like Goodwin would be afforded a bit more time. 

Either way, whoever comes in will have to galvanise a seemingly fragmented squad. 

Bit off topic, but just had a look at the Championship table.

Didn't realise that Falkirk were bottom with zero points.

Good!

Those scumbag cheats deserve to go down.

I won't forget 99/00 when we spent money getting our ground ready for promotion while they spent their cash on expensive players in a bid to trump us on the field and tried to lobby the Premier League to let them in (even though they only finished 3rd).

Years of cheating and scumbaggery has finally caught up with them. :D