Slash

Next St Mirren Manager - Merged

9 minutes ago, eastlandssaint said:

Goodwin, McIntyre - possibly, Gus still loses more than he wins and doesn't seem to have progressed as a manager, so i wouldn't want him. Gary Naysmith anyone ?

Bit off topic, but just had a look at the Championship table.

Didn't realise that Falkirk were bottom with zero points.

Good!

Those scumbag cheats deserve to go down.

I won't forget 99/00 when we spent money getting our ground ready for promotion while they spent their cash on expensive players in a bid to trump us on the field and tried to lobby the Premier League to let them in (even though they only finished 3rd).

Years of cheating and scumbaggery has finally caught up with them. :D

30 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Good!

I won't forget 99/00 when we spent money getting our ground ready for promotion while they spent their cash on expensive players in a bid to trump us on the field and tried to lobby the Premier League to let them in (even though they only finished 3rd).

Yogi Hughes was also on Radio Shortbread earlier and was slating Falkirk. He has "bad blood" with them:lol:

41 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Good!

Also the John Clark cheating incident.

They got fined and made to replay the match with us.

The cnuts charged us full price to get in again, enough to pay their fine,

Why MacPherson is even being mentioned is beyond me.  Not managed in the top league in 8 years and not managed in the top 2 leagues in 6 years.  Got Queens Park relegated to League 2 last season.  Also I very much doubt he would leave a very cushy number at Queens where his position is full time and appears very secure.

2 minutes ago, scottd said:

Why MacPherson is even being mentioned is beyond me.  Not managed in the top league in 8 years and not managed in the top 2 leagues in 6 years.  Got Queens Park relegated to League 2 last season.  Also I very much doubt he would leave a very cushy number at Queens where his position is full time and appears very secure.

Did he not also relegate QotS, or am I just making that up?

Just now, shull said:

My shortlist of 3 Legends.

GOODY, DANNY & WEE BALDY

IN order of preference I hope :rolleyes:   First needs to be GOODY :rolleyes:, failing that I will go for GOODY :rolleyes: and if it's still a no-go, I think we should Kidnap him and tickle him till he signs.  :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

We need some cheer, enthusiasm and GOOD feeling about the place; GOOD luck to GOODY  :loveyou

5 hours ago, LargsBud said:

It will need to be someone who knows the Scottish game inside out. That was the main stipulation the board had when appointing Stubbs. Which is why Kluivert and Guti didn't get a look in. 

They wanted him to do the same as Ross did and use his contacts in Scotland to overhaul the squad. He pretty much made his bed when he done the opposite of that and signed a bunch of diddies from England. 

Can see it being McIntyre. Seems really uninspiring but since we are in desperate times he might be the best option.

Why is Jim McIntyre uninspiring ?.

Seen this said by a number of folks on here. Just don't get it. We are St Mirren, not Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts etc. Jim McIntrye in what he has done in his management career is a perfect fit IMO. He will be hungry after RC debacle and want to show again what he is made of. He did as good a job as could be expected of him at RC, so I don't really get this uninspiring stuff. He's more inspiring for me than the managers of Motherwell, Hamilton, Dundee etc. If we could get a Stevie Clark then great but I doubt it given current situation. Billy Davies for me if the only manager who is up there with Clark and who's record as a manager is vastly better, but he seems to be a non starter cause he rejected  us when marooned at the bottom of the Championship, saying he can do better and quite right to IMO.

So if there is nobody else on the table with the profile of Clark etc, then what the heck is wrong with McIntrye ?. 

Also why do we assume that McIntrye would be the slightest bit interested in us given his initial rejection for Stubbs. I think i know what I'd say to SMFC board after that !

Edited by lenziebud

2 hours ago, lenziebud said:

Why is Jim McIntyre uninspiring ?.

Seen this said by a number of folks on here. Just don't get it. We are St Mirren, not Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts etc. Jim McIntrye in what he has done in his management career is a perfect fit IMO. He will be hungry after RC debacle and want to show again what he is made of. He did as good a job as could be expected of him at RC, so I don't really get this uninspiring stuff. He's more inspiring for me than the managers of Motherwell, Hamilton, Dundee etc. If we could get a Stevie Clark then great but I doubt it given current situation. Billy Davies for me if the only manager who is up there with Clark and who's record as a manager is vastly better, but he seems to be a non starter cause he rejected  us when marooned at the bottom of the Championship, saying he can do better and quite right to IMO.

So if there is nobody else on the table with the profile of Clark etc, then what the heck is wrong with McIntrye ?. 

Also why do we assume that McIntrye would be the slightest bit interested in us given his initial rejection for Stubbs. I think i know what I'd say to SMFC board after that !

Am not sure.... But am pretty sure McIntyre would say " Where do I sign Gordon ":1eye

4 hours ago, DougJamie said:
  8 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

IOBS Managerial Merry-Go-Round

McManus Monday...........................................to old and knackered from his wrestling days

Goody for Tuesday...........................................Yes GOODY 

McIntyre Wednesday.....................................ITV wont release him from his comedy contract

Thursday's Burley.............................................Is mammy says he can no come oot to play

Friday with Neilson.........................................ow the eck is a bloke wi one eye goona be any use to us

Saturday, who else but Mixu.......................A thought we cured that when we kilt alla wabbits?

Simeone Sunday.............................................. Far to poncy a moniker fur skotish fitba

It has to be GOODY surely??????????????????????????????