Slash

Next St Mirren Manager - Merged

39 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Nope, its already being worked through, wee Anxious till end of season, then reviewed. can sign a free agent or two. Needs to move some out to free up wages in January.

I'd get down to the bookies pronto, Gus is still on at 11/4. Kearney is evens. 

4 hours ago, gc_SMFC said:

If that's the level of CV we are aiming at for a top flight manager I'm worried. Brechin managed to get promoted ahead of him in his first season. He's also never had to rebuild a team.

I'd argue Samson, McAusland, Dummett, Newton, McGinn, McGowan, Teale, Thompson and Goncalves were much more key in the semi final and final.

But thankfully being a player has literally nothing to do with a being a manager.
Playing medals don't count for anything when appointing a manager. Nor should who you play for.

No offence mate but I think you’re living in cloud cuckoo land.  A manager who has the type of CV you seem to be angling for, is either already in a job or has his sights set higher than us.

A club like ours has two choices. Plump for one of the classic “experienced” managerial merry-go-round candidates or take a punt on a confident young manager who might not have a CV as long as your arm, but has something about them........you know........like we did with Jack Ross.

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

No offence mate but I think you’re living in cloud cuckoo land.  A manager who has the type of CV you seem to be angling for, is either already in a job or has his sights set higher than us.

A club like ours has two choices. Plump for one of the classic “experienced” managerial merry-go-round candidates or take a punt on a confident young manager who might not have a CV as long as your arm, but has something about them........you know........like we did with Jack Ross.

But Div said "There will rightly be a queue of managers absolutely desperate to take control of our fantastic club.".....................who's right? 

PS I'd suggest you're closer to the truth. 

Edited by faraway saint

3 hours ago, DougJamie said:

alloa chairman just tweeted "

Check the club website later tonight for a possible statement. #alloafc "

There are just two days to go until @ToppsMatchAttax @SPFL 2018/19 cards go on sale and we can excitedly reveal the club's "Star Player" card! Will you have one in your first pack?

Any word on Alloa's Star Player Card yet.

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

But Div said "There will rightly be a queue of managers absolutely desperate to take control of our fantastic club.".....................who's right? 

PS I'd suggest you're closer to the truth. 

In fairness we could both be right. There’s plenty of both types kicking about, especially the former!

6 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Which means either Kearney or Goodwin. 

Wee chic says Goodwin is the favourite, so that's that then. It'll be Kearney. 

I got Kearney at 7/1 lastnight with skybet, seemed a really good price.