Slash

Next St Mirren Manager - Merged

Kearney would be a good appointment, slightly left field but exactly what is needed to break the rut on the merry-go-round that is Scottish football. Done a great job at Coleraine and they totally destroyed the reigning NI champions live on Sky the other night backed by what the commentator said was one of their biggest travelling league supports in years. It looked very much like us under Ross albeit at a different level. Would he take it - who knows but I can't see any downside in pursuing him.  Some idiots on here who were touting Gus now seem to ridicule us being linked with Kearney but yet Coleraine play at a higher level that Queens Park do - odd how some peoples mind (or agendas) work !!!

McCoist's son was in court recently and got a slap on the wrist for driving  without insurance and in the process mowing down a young man who ended up with significantly life changing injuries.  McCoist junior, though able to afford an expensive car, has offered the poor guy £100 per month in compensation.
Considering his dad is worth millions, you'd think they could do a little better than that.https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/3157973/rangers-ally-mccoist-son-argyll-prison-car-crash-prison-ibrox/

If that has happened I’m sure we’d have had cries of “ spoilt little brat bailed out by Dads blood money “
I’d much rather have seen the court lock the little shit up .

If it happens OKs appointment probably endorses the pop psychology theory that many successful CEOs are psychopath

Behaving like a psychopath could help you in your career and love life. It’s counterintuitive – who, after all, would hire Hannibal Lecter or want to date Norman Bates – but that’s the idea behind The Good Psychopath’s Guide to Success.

“I wanted to debunk the myth that all psychopaths are bad,” says Dutton, who has explored this subject before. “I’d done research with the special forces, with surgeons, CEO’s, hedge fund managers and barristers. Almost all of them had psychopathic traits, but they’d harnessed them in ways to make them better at what they do.”

GLS

the_shining_2.jpg

15 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Kearney would be a good appointment, slightly left field but exactly what is needed to break the rut on the merry-go-round that is Scottish football. Done a great job at Coleraine and they totally destroyed the reigning NI champions live on Sky the other night backed by what the commentator said was one of their biggest travelling league supports in years. It looked very much like us under Ross albeit at a different level. Would he take it - who knows but I can't see any downside in pursuing him.  Some idiots on here who were touting Gus now seem to ridicule us being linked with Kearney but yet Coleraine play at a higher level that Queens Park do - odd how some peoples mind (or agendas) work !!! 

"Coleraine play at a higher level that Queens Park do - odd how some peoples mind (or agendas) work !!! "  

Also played in Europa League..................................

28 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Some idiots on here who were touting Gus now seem to ridicule us being linked with Kearney but yet Coleraine play at a higher level that Queens Park do - odd how some peoples mind (or agendas) work !!!

Possibly touting Gus cos he got us into and established us in a higher level than Kearney is in.

I'm not touting Gus btw. :D

Whoever takes on the job will have an uphill task for sure.  Hopefully, the odds of them making as much of a James Hunt of it as Stubbs did are lower.  I'm liking the sounds of good management skills and a liking for terminator type centre halfs.  Even one that attacked the ball would be good...

Edited by madmitch
removal of an excess "S"

When you get to read more about him - heavy involvement in the youth academy etc you’ve got to wonder what Stubbs pitched to the Board to beat him to the job 1st time round because he sounds absolutely perfect for us.

Unless of course he manages one win from his first four games then the forum can start the ‘must go’ threads

26 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

My biggest worry about him now is seeing him getting poached in 18 months' time :hammer

In fairness, though, that's like saying you don't want to date Kate Beckinsale in case other blokes ask her out. 

If he gets poached by a bigger club, he'll have done a good job, which is good for us. As long as we then make the right appointment we can keep our momentum - something we got wrong in the summer.