Slash

Next St Mirren Manager - Merged

7 hours ago, nedflanders123 said:

Exactly but more importantly the performance of the team was distressing. Players playing out of position, unfit/not good enough and seeming unsure of their roles

Yes, just getting a bit tired with this idea that the League Cup doesnt count. Seemed to matter plenty in 2013! Plus it was the rudderless Queens Park performance that proved to me he was totally lost. 

5 hours ago, DougJamie said:
5 hours ago, ulysses said:

He’s going to take the job guys. No ifs really.

Understand there’s still a lot to sort out at his end, not so much with Coleraine but with the school he works at.

Great, thanks for update........

When is his birthday, how many kids does he have, whats his fav colour ? :wink:

What a daft question DOB is 29 feb 19canteen, Kids;      mmmmmmm ? lots, its Ireland.          Fav colour might be green, BUT soon to be BLACK and WHITE  :D

8 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

It saves the BOD from typing up a new one - just change the names from Alan Stubbs to Oran Kearney

Would be happy if (when?) this goes through.

Got to feel the board knew after a few weeks they’d picked the wrong guy in June...

I’ll give him time. I don’t expect immediate results because as it stands, Stubbs has made an absolute shambles of our squad balance, confidence and presumably budget. I’d imagine he’ll be afforded more time from most sensible fans because of this, and also the fact that he will presumably be bringing other traits that seem remarkably similar to JR.

Seems exactly what we need currently, and he comes with good recommendations... saying that I thought Stubbs would work out, what do I know?

7 hours ago, Dave The Buddie said:

Unfortunately a long term deal is  only way we'll get anyone of any use in. But will it mean anything if it all goes t!ts up? It didn't appear to last time.

8 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

The testimonials coming out of his current club are strikingly similar to what players at Dumbarton and Alloa said about Jack Ross.

Good man manager, not full of tired clichés, takes times to ensure he deals with players right down to an individual level rather than a catch-all type, a strong motivator, makes you want to go that bit extra for him.

Regardless of the level he's managed at, part time or full time, amateur, semi-pro or superstar....people are still people. If you are a good people manager and have those you're in charge of believing in you and your vision, it's a massive part of the battle.

I'm looking nesd forward to see what Oran brings to the table.

He will need time it won't happen over night though I believe he will get that from the fans given how far back Stubbs took us. 

2 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

He will need time it won't happen over night though I believe he will get that from the fans given how far back Stubbs took us. 

I agree that he'll (if he takes it) need time , and should be given time , but I'm not so sure we're in as bad a place as some might think. Sure, the performances have been below par and some of the signings questionable , but I still think there's enough quality in the squad to turn things around with the right guidance behind them. 

28 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I'll give you 2 weeks before you perform another Olga Korbut backflip. :lol:

Oh God F man has came out his Jack in the box. Yes F Man I was the only St Mirren supporter to back Stubbs and change his mind. More to the point your not far off 20,000 posts this from an arm chair fan who can't attend games but has plenty to say about. fresh air. 

27 minutes ago, munoz said:

I agree that he'll (if he takes it) need time , and should be given time , but I'm not so sure we're in as bad a place as some might think. Sure, the performances have been below par and some of the signings questionable , but I still think there's enough quality in the squad to turn things around with the right guidance behind them. 

Agree with that if OK can bring the best out of the players we will be alright. 

2 minutes ago, elvis said:

I think he might not stop us getting relegated but in the long run he will do well if given the time. 

You do realise we're only 4 league games in ? It's far to soon to be talking about relegation. 

7 minutes ago, elvis said:

I think he might not stop us getting relegated but in the long run he will do well if given the time. 

He only has to match the likes of McCann (assuming he makes Christmas), Canning, and Holt. Even with an unbalanced squad lacking in quality in certain areas, I think that is possible.