Slash

Next St Mirren Manager - Merged

10 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Speculations at best. :lol:

Also managers would prefer to have been, at least, part of the scouting process as he will be the person setting out the team.

To suggest we are not in a position of catch up is, frankly, wishful thinking as we are currently, doing exactly that with most teams. 

You are speculating at best that Gus has not done much over the summer.

10 hours ago, faraway saint said:

So where, exactly, are we in this signing frenzy? 

I'm not saying where we are is a disaster but only an eejit would not see not having a manager is probably damaging? 

I agree we can only do what we can but the decision to let Kearney go has NOT helped our preparation. 

key point is this situation, IMO, could have been avoided with some serious effort from the chairman.

I, unlike some :rolleyes:, have nothing against GS, but this is down to him as he could, IMO, made more real effort to keep Kearney. 

More speculation.

You have no idea where we are.

4 minutes ago, pod said:

You've just ruined a few folks day.  Couldn't you of photo edited it. 

Better if he hadn't logged on. 

He has a nightmare every day. 

Should edit himself. 

Edited by shull

33 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Image result for tommy craig gary teale jim goodwin Just edit where required

There's a perfect example of why we shouldn't trust Meatloaf lyrics as 2 out 3 have already been proven to really be quite bad.

14 minutes ago, DXBBud said:

There's a perfect example of why we shouldn't trust Meatloaf lyrics as 2 out 3 have already been proven to really be quite bad.

On the other hand, most of us would indeed do anything for Love Street.

Think its Croy to Queen Street Station by train then bike to Ralston. Still impressive. He is fast - shot past me in Glasgow and nearly made me drop my roll and crisps.
Is this what really happened to Chris Froome?

Aye or Fergie or Clough, in the real world I think it appears much more likely they can’t name a realistic manager that would be better than hands down the most promising young manager in Scotland who’s continually improved year on year since taking a managerial role. 
Surely this post from our very own Baghdad bazil confirms its Goodwin.
ukL9KU5.jpeg

31 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I'm sure his statement (and his wife's tweet) said they had been planning for the season ahead at St Mirren. It makes no sense at all for Oran to work his socks off last season to turn things around and then make no plans for signings this season. 

Thought we had moved on. This is the next St.Mirren manager topic.

37 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I'm sure his statement (and his wife's tweet) said they had been planning for the season ahead at St Mirren. It makes no sense at all for Oran to work his socks off last season to turn things around and then make no plans for signings this season. 

I'm sure a few others did, while he was commuting. 

Edited by pod

3 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Now would you like me to reply to all the tangents you go down on other threads replying to posts from other members?

Fill your boots. 

43 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It's a football thing, backed by the fact we've signed no-one to-date. 

That's not true.

We signed Lyness and Gary Mack.

If it's facts you are after you probably need to do a bit more research.

Edited by oaksoft

21 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

That's not true.

We signed Lyness and Gary Mack.

If it's facts you are after you probably need to do a bit more research.

If you were up with the times you would have found out first from Twitter lol. It's where breaking news happens these days. Twitter in , pigeons out lol. 

7 hours ago, farmer john said:

just a wee thing about us being 'behind' in transfer dealings.

OK was the manager till this week. Did he make any efforts to sign any players for the coming season? did he make any plans for season 2019/20?
Or did he not bother as he knew he was going back to Northern Ireland?
But, of course GS and Top Four Tony🤣 (love Tony by the way) should have noticed that.

I think the new manager can, very easily, quickly bring in the players required to make sure we finish top of our mini league of 4 and why not push for St J and Motherwell too?

Gary MacKenzie claims his new contract was agreed at the end of last season when you suggest Oran was not bothering to sign players or plan for 2019/20: https://www.stmirren.com/news/club/all-news/2912-gary-mackenzie-signs-contract-extension

Once Danny Rogers was off the books you would imagine that Dean Lyness being re-signed was also agreed by Oran.

Jack Ross began planning for the summer window 6 months before it opened even though he was applying for jobs down south and didn't intend to still be at Greenhill Road.

Let's imagine that Oran had his heart set on moving from full-time football management where he was beginning to earn a good reputation back to part-time football and he decides, sod it I won't do any planning for St Mirren next season and Dundalk give Coleraine permission to speak to their manager and there is no Coleraine job for Oran to return to. His lack of planning hasn't left him in a good position.