Slash

Next St Mirren Manager - Merged

16 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Remove your blinkers.

As a regular reader of P&B, I have seen similar circumstances to ourselves happen at many other clubs. There are others which we as a club haven't encountered too.

Aye. Other clubs in crisis.

I happen to think that the club keeping statements to a minimum this week was exactly what was required. It's quite laughable that it caused consternation and knickerwetting of torrential proportions amongst the forum sweetie wives who seem to have eff fall better to do with their lives.

Bad news. Keep shtum. Perceived good  news. Get the typing going, and fast? 

I completely disagree with your last statement. A big turnover in playing staff is the relative norm in clubs like us at present. However, I'd like to see that change with a manager who shows total commitment to the club.:wink:

We're not talking PLAYING staff. We're talking management. Fundamental to progress is stability. I hope this latest appointment bucks the St. Mirren trend and actually sees out his contract. Unlike the last six.

2 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Dundee U have had 5 managers in the last 4 years or so they must be running us close for being Scotland basketcase club emoji12.png

Look for the reasons why. They think they should be in the Premiership. They aren't. Yes. I'd say they were getting close.

9 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Remove your blinkers.

As a regular reader of P&B, I have seen similar circumstances to ourselves happen at many other clubs. There are others which we as a club haven't encountered too.

I happen to think that the club keeping statements to a minimum this week was exactly what was required. It's quite laughable that it caused consternation and knickerwetting of torrential proportions amongst the forum sweetie wives who seem to have eff fall better to do with their lives.

I completely disagree with your last statement. A big turnover in playing staff is the relative norm in clubs like us at present. However, I'd like to see that change with a manager who shows total commitment to the club.:wink:

We're not talking PLAYING staff. We're talking management. Fundamental to progress is stability. I hope this latest appointment bucks the St. Mirren trend and actually sees out his contract. Unlike the last six.

As I said. Not really much different from any other clubs.

4 minutes ago, FTOF said:

The bad press is totally self inflicted by the mismanagement by the board,  or Scott if he's going gung ho all by himself.

You're accepting our club is in crisis, even though we should have been on the crest of a wave at the start of last season. Instead that attitude by our chairman stifled this and sent us almost back into the abyss of the championship. Under GS we seem to be taking half a step forward and ten steps back.

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

The bad press is totally self inflicted by the mismanagement by the board,  or Scott if he's going gung ho all by himself.

You're accepting our club is in crisis, even though we should have been on the crest of a wave at the start of last season. Instead that attitude by our chairman stifled this and sent us almost back into the abyss of the championship. Under GS we seem to be taking half a step forward and ten steps back.

Remind me where I stated that?:blink:

I think our club is miles away from a crisis.

13 minutes ago, FTOF said:
23 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Remove your blinkers.

Just now, FTOF said:

Remind me where I stated that?:blink:

I think our club is miles away from a crisis.

You answered in the above quote saying we were no different from any other club, as I said, in crisis.

21 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

You answered in the above quote saying we were no different from any other club, as I said, in crisis.

Only one person quoted "crisis"

54 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

TBH I didn't really bother reading your post, but I'm not sure how my quoting of your post shows that I accept that our club is in crisis, which I don't.

Obviously your definition of crisis is more knickerwetting than mine.:)

3 hours ago, FTOF said:

I couldn't really give a flying fuck about any perceived "media mismanagement".

Internal strife? I'll bet you that there is or has been plenty of internal strife in all of the clubs I referred at some point. Dundee United sticks out like a sore thumb. Falkirk? Pop over to P&B and see how happy they were with their board etc.

As I've said elsewhere this happens on a daily basis in businesses throughout the world. Employee falls out with boss. Employee moves on.

All that matters to me is the club being in the top league and decent performances on the park.

If other people feel differently, then that's fine by me.:)

That's very amusing as you get all "arsey" when anyone has a different point of view, especially when it's your beloved board. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

5 hours ago, pod said:

Only one person quoted "crisis"

Yes. But he quoted what I said and didn't dispute the fact when commenting that it was much the same as any other club. 

IF he didn't agree I would assume he would have pulled me up on the statement. He didn't. It's therefore fair for me to assume he agrees with the answer.

I would also assume that your intervention in his defence is unnecessary and unwarranted.

4 hours ago, FTOF said:

TBH I didn't really bother reading your post, but I'm not sure how my quoting of your post shows that I accept that our club is in crisis, which I don't.

What sort of fool would answer in a discussion WITHOUT READING the remarks he is replying to?

I'm sure not you.

ETA. It's not as if I hid them. I even typed them in red to highlight them.

Edited by stlucifer

What sort of fool would answer in a discussion WITHOUT READING the remarks he is replying to?
I'm sure not you.
I would answer to what kind of fool would answer, but I read your reply to pod so I won't.

5 hours ago, FTOF said:

FFS.

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

I'm sure not you.

Perhaps if you had typed them in bold red, as you did at the second attempt, they might have been drawn to someone's attention. :whistle

3 minutes ago, smcc said:

Perhaps if you had typed them in bold red, as you did at the second attempt, they might have been drawn to someone's attention. :whistle

Precisely why I upped the anti with the reply of the reply of......

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

I'm sure not you.

The part I didn't really read was irrelevant  pish, so I skimmed it.:)

What sort of fool would assume that I was accepting that the club was in crisis?

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

The part I didn't really read was irrelevant  pish, so I skimmed it.:)

What sort of fool would assume that I was accepting that the club was in crisis?

Now there's logic for you..... NOT.

How did you know it was irrelevant if you just skimmed it?

IF that skimming allowed you to understand the comment then skimming is reading. 

10 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Precisely why I upped the anti with the reply of the reply of......

Did you mean "anti" or did you really mean to say "ante"? I realised that you had originally typed it in very faint red; it would have saved a lot if you had typed it in bold at first>

12 minutes ago, smcc said:

Did you mean "anti" or did you really mean to say "ante"? I realised that you had originally typed it in very faint red; it would have saved a lot if you had typed it in bold at first>

Feckin' pedant!

Not that I'm against that though!😂

47 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Now there's logic for you..... NOT.

How did you know it was irrelevant if you just skimmed it?

IF that skimming allowed you to understand the comment then skimming is reading. 

I saw the word "crisis" and immediately thought," irrelevant knickerwetting of the highest order", and my mind fucked off elsewhere to find out if any part of your post was indeed of any relevance whatsoever.:)

Edited by FTOF

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

I saw the word "crisis" and immediately thought," irrelevant knickerwetting of the highest order", and my mind fucked off elsewhere to find out if any part of your post was indeed of any relevance whatsoever.:)

SIHBLULT! Work it out.

4 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Big turnovers of staff is the norm at football clubs these days!

We’re in the top league for a second season! That’s not a crisis!

Correct. If Premier League football every season is a crisis, I'm on board with it.