Slash

Next St Mirren Manager - Merged

19 hours ago, Loyal Supporter said:

Yes Billy Davies great choice works his arse off and good coach , a winner , great experience and nice guy also which is a very difficult thing for a football manager to be . However if he takes it on ! He will be aware of all the last lot getting 6 to 9 months ! You can bet anything he won't get messed about so be carefull Mr Chairman ! I hope Billy gets the job 

Get ur money on Billy Davies well worth a £10 ..... Easy money .... Trust me! 

37 minutes ago, pod said:

A few of us can and it was a disaster.  The fans and player took instant dislike for each other.

Not helped by the fact that DL refused to allow Imrie the free role that he used to great effect at Accies and ICT. 

3 hours ago, Flareybob said:

John Coughlan was American

John Coughl a n was English and a drummer of a band who, coincidentally sang, "Down, down".

John Coughl I n was never a manager! :o

Edited by stlucifer
To correct the title of the song.

5 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Good to know. Folk on that Facebook group were quickly scathing that the job is now one than no manager in Scotland would feasibly want.

I'd like Billy Davies in charge to be honest because of his contacts within the game but agree with a lot of others that Hughes is the one who brings more potential stability.

Wouldn't rule out Frank Nutall either just yet. My £20 on him at 8/1 could yet come to fruition.

Billy Davies will get the SMFC Managers job .. Get down to the bookies or get on line now before they close it down!

46 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

John Coughl a n was English and a drummer of a band who, coincidentally sang, "Down, down".

John Coughl I n was never a manager! :o

Better sticking to the Status Quo.................

He left the Falkirk and Inverness sides in a hell of a state.  Falkirk were relegated the season after he left, and Foran is having to do his own rebuilding job after Hughes failed to rebuild Butcher's fantastic side, turning it basically into a squad of central midfielders and right backs.

I'd stay well clear.

ICT fans post on Yogi. For a manager who won them their only national honour, he's remarkably unpopular with their fan base.

13 minutes ago, Ethan said:

I was happy for Danny to go. Cup win papered over the cracks. 

Hope our next manager can paper over the cracks and win a national trophy. :1eye

What a fecking laugh, paper over the cracks, one of the greatest achievements in our clubs history.

Make ye weep, especially when you see where we are now. :byebye

Danny will always be a hero, but it's obvious (to me anyway) that this team

Samson, Van Zanten, Dummett, Goodwin, McAusland, McGowan, McLean, McGinn, Carey, Teale, Thompson (plus Newton and Goncalves for half the season) 

should have finished a lot better than 11th. A LOT better!

Anyhow, history now. Onwards and upwards :-) 

4 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Great idea.

Just out of interest, where do you propose we source the "decent money" to give him... or her?

The Chaiman will just borrow it from other mugs ( like me ) . If he puts his own money in I for one will be surprised not unless he's got a pal who's plenty so if that's the case GREAT FOR ST MIRREN and that's something at least we will all agree on I hope 

44 minutes ago, ScotstounSaint said:

Danny will always be a hero, but it's obvious (to me anyway) that this team

Samson, Van Zanten, Dummett, Goodwin, McAusland, McGowan, McLean, McGinn, Carey, Teale, Thompson (plus Newton and Goncalves for half the season) 

should have finished a lot better than 11th. A LOT better!

Anyhow, history now. Onwards and upwards :-) 

So what does that say about the squad that finished several places higher, with several of those players gone, injured or mixing it with the law?

What do the QOTS fans say about Gus? 

Gus has had 3 managerial jobs and he's been hugely successful in 2. Indeed Queens Park fans say it would be ' a disaster ' if he left and '100% of QP fans would want him to stay'.

Yogi's had 4 jobs and he's been successful in 2 (sacked by Hibs and Hartlepool). Even the two he's been relatively successful with he remains unpopular with both ICT and Falkirk fans.

4 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Gus has had 3 managerial jobs and he's been hugely successful in 2. Indeed Queens Park fans say it would be ' a disaster ' if he left and '100% of QP fans would want him to stay'.

Yogi's had 4 jobs and he's been successful in 2 (sacked by Hibs and Hartlepool). Even the two he's been relatively successful with he remains unpopular with both ICT and Falkirk fans.

I like Gus but to bring him back would divide opinion and create controversy that we could do without.

We need a manager that will get the fans on board from day one. Gus isn't that man.

8 minutes ago, TopCat said:

You should add that Gus remains unpopular with both the QOS fans and a fair number of St.Mirren fans.

I like Gus but to bring him back would divide opinion and create controversy that we could do without.

We need a manager that will get the fans on board from day one. Gus isn't that man.

I think any managerial appointment would divide opinion. For me the priority has to be to stay in the league this year.

If we give Gus to the end of the season it's low risk. He will keep us up and if there's been enough signs of improvement we offer him a new deal. If not, we look elsewhere.

9 minutes ago, TopCat said:

You avoided the question. 

For what it's worth I don't want John Hughes either.