Slash

Next St Mirren Manager - Merged

Have the bookies compiled their lists yet?

McManus was favourite at 3/1 and Gus was 4/1 at 10pm.

Gus is now 6/4 favourite. The list didn't look too appealing. The usual John Hughes thrown in with old firm guys like Barry Ferguson, John Collins and McNamara.

Would rather have Gus back before most.

I know the bookies aren't usually wrong but how can McManus be second favourite on that list ?

McBookie always put whoever is placed in interim charge as the favourite/second favourite. Just something they do to cover themselves a bit.

12 minutes ago, Sergie's no1 fan said:

McManus was favourite at 3/1 and Gus was 4/1 at 10pm.

Gus is now 6/4 favourite. The list didn't look too appealing. The usual John Hughes thrown in with old firm guys like Barry Ferguson, John Collins and McNamara.

Would rather have Gus back before most.

Cheers.

I think they base that on the chat on P&B:lol:

2 hours ago, cambiebud said:

Hughes or someone from down south with experience.
Good luck in the future Alex

Some say , sarcasm is the lowest form of wit . In this case , I disagree (the Alex part ) .

I think that Gordon, despite being a big fan of Gus, will be well aware that he would be a divisive appointment.

In the spirit of the club entering a new era I think he'll go for someone up and coming. My money would be on Fullarton or Ross.

Is there a realistic appointment which wouldn't be divisive?

I'm pretty sure Hughes wouldn't take it, but even if he did his managerial career has hardly been a bed of roses. He was chased out of Hartlepool and Hibs and despite relative success he was never loved at Falkirk or ICT.

As for Fullarton or Ross... they might be good managers. They might not be. No way of telling really. They're both completely unproven and both would be a huge gamble.

Can we afford to be gambling when we are bottom of the Championship? We've got a hell of a lot to lose if it doesn't pay off.

Wouldn't read too much into bookies odds this early. They seem to have thrown a list together of usual suspects and folk mentioned on websites and based it on that. As soon as any money moves on the market, the prices will. Why else would Gus have gone from 4/1 to 6/4?

Unless someone from SMISA knows something and stuck that full £8000 on him. :D

6 hours ago, Buddy Marvellous said:

As far as I know Alex McLeish is unemployed. I know he may be too big a name but why not show ambition and ask him if he is interested. I would imagine Tony Fitzpatrick would know him personally. I think he and Alex Rae are friendly though so might be a non starter!

Hope McLeish stays unemployed.

Made millions of pounds being an absolute shite Manager.

Would be a disaster for St Mirren Football Club.