Next St Mirren Manager - Merged

Slash

9 minutes ago, STGBuddy said:

other players have done the same.... and it was about twenty years ago....This for me is about here and now and how the club moves forward.

If he came in and done the business, He'd more than pay that money back in my opinion 

Doesn't matter if it was 20 years or 20 minutes ago it says to me that he can't be trusted.  Add to that his disastrous spell at Notts County and it's a big no from me. 

Just now, Julian Banjos said:

Fullarton has not just worked with young players, he has founded and built up an academy from nothing. Gordon Scott was talking yesterday about having all our teams up to the first team playing the same way. He put a lot of emphasis on our academy. That makes me think Fullarton is in with a shout. The risk, as others have said, is he's still a rookie in the dug-out. An auld heid beside him?

I agree...if there is a budget for an assistant ! :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, scottd said:

Doesn't matter if it was 20 years or 20 minutes ago it says to me that he can't be trusted.  Add to that his disastrous spell at Notts County and it's a big no from me. 

Look at Notts County ...won his first game away (January)...despite them not having won away since august and was getting booed at his next game at Luton despite winning 2-0!  hardly a warm welcome ! :double he didn't stand a chance down there....and didn't have time to bring in any players.

Rae at least had a summer to wheel and deal so there was no excuses.

12 games at any club cant be used to judge anyone in my opinion 

1 minute ago, Julian Banjos said:

Unless Fullarton applied last week, Scott is interested and wants to have a look at his set-up over there before interview.

hey its possible ...he has a good track record of academy players coming into the first teams in England...although I couldn't tell you about how many players come through his academy in Spain

1 hour ago, Julian Banjos said:

If the trip to Spain is related to the manager's job then, most likely, he's gone to sound out Jamie Fullarton. 

He runs an academy on the Costa del Sol : http://www.costaunida.com/#/club-founder/4531002600

1 hour ago, gazmc83 said:

Yeh I think it's more than likely that his Spanish trip is nothing to do with the managerial vacancy , he probably has property over there

Possibly has already a very short list and waiting on their decision. So taking a well earned break after take over. Just my thoughts. 

12 hours ago, Doakes said:

Am I alone in thinking that we showed capability yesterday? If I'm a manager I'm thinking - sort that defence and there's a team in there. Could be very profitable for any manager who wants to build or rebuild their reputation 

We were playing the team who were joint bottom with us without a league win this season. We looked better going forward than we have for a while... Dunfermline were no great shakes and even then we couldnt do a lot of the basics all that well.

THE flood of applicants looking to become the next boss of St Mirren – a modest club thrashing around at the wrong end of the Championship – shows that the lure of becoming a manager remains huge even in the lower echelons of the game. Billy Davies and John Hughes, both more accustomed to operating with bigger budgets in better leagues, will both interview early this week, along with another stellar, high-profile candidate accustomed to settings more salubrious than Paisley. The lure of becoming a manager remains irresistible, regardless of location and status.