Slash

Next St Mirren Manager - Merged

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

From that list, its still Hughes or Davies for me.  In that order.

I hope those two are the main contenders. On a risk/reward basis, I think Yogi edges it. The vast majority of evidence from his previous clubs points to him getting his  teams organised, playing passing, entertaining football, engaging with the fans and community, and talking up the club and the town. Fan ownership and Yogi would be a great combination. I think he'd lift the whole club and he's just what we need just now.   

Yogi would be my choice. Infectious personality with a proven track record and no baggage. Hopefully Latapy as well.

I agree. I think when you look at the young players he brought through at Falkirk with a mixture of experience, this could be a good fit for him.

Have to agree with a few of you. If it ends up being Hughes or Davies I'll be pretty chuffed. Can't choose between them, suppose it depends on money and who interviews the best. Both are better than anyone I thought we could attract, so I'm happy either way.

Last time we had a vacancy (or it might have been the time before or the time before that) I said that I didn't care what experience or what nationality (or gender) the new manager was as long as they improved the fitness of the players through improved training, diet etc. And I'm back to that now that I've seen 2 part time teams out -fight and out -run us (as well as out-play us). So somebody like John Collins or somebody from abroad. Having said all that I still think Yogi would be a good fit for us.

Warnock's nearly 95.  He has a London Freedompass (FREE tube, bus and train and big discounts on the riverboats!).  He has a home in Richmond, west London (plus a Hoose in Cornwall).

and he is doing well with Rotherham currently.

i can't see him abandoning his Freedompass for a wee happy bus in Paisley... :unsure:

Edited by antrin

Just now, antrin said:

Warnock's nearly 95.  He has. London Freedompass (FREE tube, bus and train and big discounts on the riverboats!) and a home in Richmond, west London (plus a Hoose in Cornwall).

and he is doing well with Rotherham currently.

i can't see him abandoning his Freedompass for a wee happy bus in Paisley... :unsure:

he left Rotherham at the end of last season ......