Slash

Next St Mirren Manager - Merged

37 minutes ago, STGBuddy said:

Dont think its a financial thing...He mentioned it recently on Talksport

He started it on his tod and still runs over 200 places ten years on at all age groups ....Takes a bit of doing off your own back in a foreign country I would have thought

I would assume that these are things the BOD would ask if he got interviewed 

Not really. In this country many people start up their own new Juvenile football clubs. At Wishaw Wycombe a couple of guys set up the club in 1994. Today they've got two teams playing in the amateur leagues, and male and female teams in each age group from Under 18's down to under 5s. I'm not too sure how many kids that is anymore, but it must be over 400 by now and the only reason it's not larger is because a decision was taken by the committee to just have one team in each age group because of the lack of availability of training lets in the area. 

Now admittedly none of those guys setting up the club was foreign, but they could show a record of success with former players earning good livings from football today. If Fullerton is being classed as a success for having 200 kids train with him after 10 years, then we'd have to consider juvenile club coaches all over the country - who aren't profiting off their clubs to make a living - on the same terms. 

12 minutes ago, STGBuddy said:

I think Fullarton would make a difference and has contacts to get players in on a budget . I'd agree with Hughes but warnock is a non starter for me 

Is Fullarton your pal? A lot of your posts have been promoting him and various reasons/excuses/justifications for his time at Notts County being a disaster - far more detail than you'd expect someone to have.

You're right about Warnock though. Next! http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-warnock-rules-himself-out-8924156

39 minutes ago, gazmc83 said:

Yes In a recent interview he mentioned that one of the players recently signed for Malaga in la liga and others in recent years have signed professional contracts as STG also points out above setting up an academy from scratch alone to now having 200 players is surely a success in a foreign country...

He also confirmed it doesn't make him money actually costs him money so hats off to the guy

Recent interview with him on Peter and roughy

He talks very well but my choice would still be Yogi

I don't have 20 minutes to watch through the video. Do you know the name of this senior pro player he's produced at Malaga? 

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Just now, gazmc83 said:

I don't I'm afraid

I've got to admit I'd be really suspicious of Fullerton. There's reports from Bolton that don't sit well with me. Youth players that gave up football because it wasn't fun anymore under Fullerton. Parents complaining of loss of confidence amongst players and low morale throughout the whole youth set up and reports of complete apathy amongst players, parents and other coaching staff when he was eventually mutually consented at Bolton. Fans protesting about him at Notts County within weeks of his arrival. And the only really positive light being shone on him is that he's run a kids football business in Spain and that he was / is pals with Dougie Freedman don't really seem like major credentials to me. 

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Wanted Davies in, however can't say I'm disappointed given the high quality of names linked. Would love to see a manager appointed before Saturday.

Gus will be appointed on Friday and come home on Saturday. 

I've got to admit I'd be really suspicious of Fullerton. There's reports from Bolton that don't sit well with me. Youth players that gave up football because it wasn't fun anymore under Fullerton. Parents complaining of loss of confidence amongst players and low morale throughout the whole youth set up and reports of complete apathy amongst players, parents and other coaching staff when he was eventually mutually consented at Bolton. Fans protesting about him at Notts County within weeks of his arrival. And the only really positive light being shone on him is that he's run a kids football business in Spain and that he was / is pals with Dougie Freedman don't really seem like major credentials to me. 

Seriously do you have a good word to say about anyone outwith the Tory party. If there is muck to be found you are the one person that seems able to find it and sling it in. I certainly don't want Fullerton but give the muck slinging a rest. You don't know these ( persons ) stop being a sweetie wife.

1 minute ago, shull said:

Gus will be appointed on Friday and come home on Saturday. 

Then we can all expect him to never actually arrive home if you're the cabbie selecting the route...

Plus - your or his home would be a better destination than any St Mirren fitba grun.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'm starting to panic that it's Gus and his anti football brand. 

If the board were to do that I think they'd be bringing trouble on themselves especially since the expectation levels appear to have been set much higher with names like Davies, Warnock and Burley all having been banded about. It's gotten to the stage where even if the club were to appoint Stevie Aitken or a Darren Young / Billy Stark combo it would look like a massive anti climax. 

Just now, Stuart Dickson said:

If the board were to do that I think they'd be bringing trouble on themselves especially since the expectation levels appear to have been set much higher with names like Davies, Warnock and Burley all having been banded about. It's gotten to the stage where even if the club were to appoint Stevie Aitken or a Darren Young / Billy Stark combo it would look like a massive anti climax. 

Exactly. It's come full circle. I mentioned in the immediate aftermath of Rae's sacking that Gus might just be the tonic....that was after having a quick swatch at what was out there in the wild though.

Now? Christ, the thought of it after some of the names that have been bandied about would be depressing.

In fairness you were the only real one touting Burley ....

28 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Not really. In this country many people start up their own new Juvenile football clubs. At Wishaw Wycombe a couple of guys set up the club in 1994. Today they've got two teams playing in the amateur leagues, and male and female teams in each age group from Under 18's down to under 5s. I'm not too sure how many kids that is anymore, but it must be over 400 by now and the only reason it's not larger is because a decision was taken by the committee to just have one team in each age group because of the lack of availability of training lets in the area. 

Now admittedly none of those guys setting up the club was foreign, but they could show a record of success with former players earning good livings from football today. If Fullerton is being classed as a success for having 200 kids train with him after 10 years, then we'd have to consider juvenile club coaches all over the country - who aren't profiting off their clubs to make a living - on the same terms. 

The academy bit is only in context of what the guy has done off his own back and should at least get credit for as its not every day folk do that.

Bear in mind this is also a guy who has all qualifications including a UEFA pro licence, LMA diploma and has worked as a youth coach at Bristol Rovers before running academies in the championship helping bring through players like Oliver Burke and Zac Clough at Forest and Bolton.

Qualifications don't necessarily make a manager but it does show intent to learn his trade.. and if you compare that part of his CV against juvenile club coaches then you can see how the backdrop of that ground work and what he has done in Spain separates him totally from them in that respect.

3 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Seriously do you have a good word to say about anyone outwith the Tory party. If there is muck to be found you are the one person that seems able to find it and sling it in. I certainly don't want Fullerton but give the muck slinging a rest. You don't know these ( persons ) stop being a sweetie wife.

You'd want to ignore those claims would you? The quotes are easily attributable and available with a simple search on Google. 

8 minutes ago, gazmc83 said:

In fairness you were the only real one touting Burley ....

I only started to back Burley after reading on here that St Mirren had been having talks with him. Admittedly any talk of him appears to have dissolved now which is fair enough. 

I posted that Stephen Kenny would be my preferred choice, which as consistent with what I've said through each of the last five managerial appointments. I also said I doubted that he would be remotely interested in the post these days. However he still would be if St Mirren could land him. 

Edited by Stuart Dickson

36 minutes ago, Stu said:

Is Fullarton your pal? A lot of your posts have been promoting him and various reasons/excuses/justifications for his time at Notts County being a disaster - far more detail than you'd expect someone to have.

You're right about Warnock though. Next! http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-warnock-rules-himself-out-8924156

Alot of folk have promoted Hughes , Gus and Davies and yet they arent related or pals?

I'm a saints fan and take an interest in our club and its players/ex players.

Fullarton is a young scottish manager and yes, I'd like to see him do well and have followed his Notts 'career' after a pal told me he'd got the job.

He's no pal of mine but none of the candidates are...I said id be happy for him to get the job and I stick by that just the same as everyone else has their pick.

The Notts County thing is well documented on twitter, FB and online media tells the story of that episode so its their for everyone to see.