Slash

Next St Mirren Manager - Merged

3 hours ago, rebella15 said:

Four promotions in 5 years, good CV

As an ex Tranmere player and the exponent of the longest throw in British football Challinor offers an attacking edge to his teams style

as I say twice a season - get in contact with Mickey Mellon - his record at Fleetwood town should get him the gig alone

failing that McDowell - Ian Ferguson or Mixu have a Saints pedigree

I gave up my ST during the latter stages of the MacPherson era. The cup final debacle didn't help, but I was finding it very difficult to motivate myself to get along to games, such was the dire fare on offer for the most part.

I've been giving the current situation a lot of thought, and, while I won't pretend that I wouldn't be a tad disappointed if he gets the job, I'll get behind him. Perhaps he would bring something new and different to the table. DVZ, Billy Mehmet, and Charlie Adam speak highly of him as a manager, and that is certainly very significant.

His approach to the youth set up was said to be pretty poor, but maybe that is something that has changed. Who knows. I'd prefer a more dynamic, upbeat character such as Hughes who might give the place a desperately needed lift, but if it is to be Gus, he'd have my best wishes (through gritted teeth, and for the sake of the club).

Edited by Drew

5 minutes ago, Liverpool Bud said:

As an ex Tranmere player and the exponent of the longest throw in British football Challinor offers an attacking edge to his teams style

as I say twice a season - get in contact with Mickey Mellon - his record at Fleetwood town should get him the gig alone

failing that McDowell - Ian Ferguson or Mixu have a Saints pedigree

Mickey Mellon is at Shrewsbury with Brian Caldwell. Good Elderslie boy. Absolutely zero chance of getting him!

Anyone but Gus, have the dark clouds not been hanging over our club long enough without bringing him back..

Cant believe his names even being mention, with new owners were we not hoping to move the club forward

rather than go back to the tedious shite Gus's team's produced......FFS, PLEASE NAW.. 

1 minute ago, scrappy coco said:

Anyone but Gus, have the dark clouds not been hanging over our club long enough without bringing him back..

Cant believe his names even being mention, with new owners were we not hoping to move the club forward

rather than go back to the tedious shite Gus's team's produced......FFS, PLEASE NAW.. 

Yet Gus took the club from a similar position it's in now and left it in the SPL.

Yes there was THAT cup final but he took the club forward, that was our first national cup final in how many years? 

Would Gus be a gamble? I would say definitely not with survival almost a certainty IMO. 

Being bottom of the league I would say we're not in the position to take a gamble. 

17 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Getting a bi annual theme this.

I want Yogi but it will be Gus................... No compensation, knows club and new BOD have already decided, so I heard

If that's the case then we should expect a quick announcement ? No point interviewing folk if they can get him in early doors ?

wouldnt be my choice but if it's him then no point messing about 

11 minutes ago, ulysses said:

McBookie not taking anymore bets by the look of things. Appointment imminent? 

Probably felt it uneconomical to pay for the time to work out odds with no one actually putting money on anyone.