Slash

Next St Mirren Manager - Merged

I would be happy with either Fullarton or Mixu in the seat, both have good coaching experience and an eye on youth development.  There are reservations about  both of these guys but you would have to trust that the board have their ear to the ground and know how they have reacted to previous difficulties and overcome them.

Campbell Money, I spent quite a bit of time in his company over the years (not  recent, to be fair) and i think he is a very sound and likeable guy.  if he comes as a package with Fullarton then that is a good thing for saints

Out of the shortlist I would go for Ross if I had to choose one in the hope he can bring Goody back as his assistant/player. Goodness knows we need some grit in the midfield until we can see what we can do in January.

2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Out of the shortlist I would go for Ross if I had to choose one in the hope he can bring Goody back as his assistant/player. Goodness knows we need some grit in the midfield until we can see what we can do in January.

If that was to happen Goodwin wouldn't be able to play till January.

49 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Thank you for that insight.... helluva fair minded and balanced for this forum... but welcome nonetheless!

I've seen a lot written about him and I think its only fair to give a view on what I've heard  ....I'll find out if he needs an agent! :P:D

On 9/29/2016 at 0:52 PM, ScotstounSaint said:

The chairman was not a fan of Lennon and wanted him gone. Spoke to him myself about it at the Paisley Uni Union thing at the end of that season. His opinion had nothing to do with fan pressure from what he was saying.

That makes it an even worse decision. I would love to know the thinking behind getting rid of a cup winning manager and appointing his assistant who had 3 months of managerial failure on his 30 year cv.

It doesn't have to be. I've said that repeatedly but no one ever takes up on it. If you have a good relationship with local clubs you'll get all the scouting Intel you need on local youth players. It's not rocket science although it does seem to have too difficult for anyone at St Mirren over the last 15 years

I think with the amount of fans onboard the fans ownership its something you could potentially raise with the club and be taken more seriously as going forward the idea is to have more engagement with fans and listen to their suggestions for imorovement.

3 hours ago, Yeh Dosti said:

If Jamie Fullarton is to be the new St Mirren manager then I am told that his assistant will be Campbell Money.

Against Gallagher and Langfield he'd go straight into the starting 11.

22 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Is that you Jamie?

I would have thought managers would have better things to do than be on here ?

Everyone has their opinion ...I'm only giving mine ...and I've tried to give facts ..not just bland name calling or allegations

Edited by STGBuddy

21 minutes ago, Lanarkshire_Bud said:

Hi Jamie, hiya pal.

you just following JJ McG? that the best you've got ? oh dear

Any post I've had ( and I was on the forum while Rae was manager)  I've tried to give facts ...if you cant handle that then give me an argument  rather than accusing me of being Fullarton ffs

Everyone has an opinion, you have yours, I have mine ...the difference is I haven't made one negative comment about any of the shortlist

I don't think he'll be our manager but some of the stick he gets is poor in my opinion...if you have an argument other than 'he's a bully' or 'Hi Jamie' then fire away ...although I doubt you have

you just following JJ McG? that the best you've got ? oh dear

Any post I've had ( and I was on the forum while Rae was manager)  I've tried to give facts ...if you cant handle that then give me an argument  rather than accusing me of being Fullarton ffs

Everyone has an opinion, you have yours, I have mine ...the difference is I haven't made one negative comment about any of the shortlist

I don't think he'll be our manager but some of the stick he gets is poor in my opinion...if you have an argument other than 'he's a bully' or 'Hi Jamie' then fire away ...although I doubt you have

Stewart , who do u think will be our manager ?