Slash

Next St Mirren Manager - Merged

5 minutes ago, gazmc83 said:

I was guessing Gilmour going by your recent posts and initials, apologies if I got that wrong ...:.

SG are my initials but no relation to Gilmour ...or Fullarton !  :D

Edited by STGBuddy

Just now, STGBuddy said:

Am I Stewart or Fullarton? :blink:

If you mean Gilmour , he was on off the ball with Tam Cowan touting Gus a week or so ago

He was not touting Gus. He said that he thought Scott would pick Gus as they were the best of friends.

5 minutes ago, gazmc83 said:

I was guessing Gilmour going by your recent posts and initials, apologies if I got that wrong ...:.

Definitely not Gilmour.  STGBuddy has 'liked' a couple of my posts.... :lol:

5 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

None of mines yet though - so I'm still suspicious :-)  

I actually tweeted him after the takeover, thanked him for his efforts, and wished him all the best. Many others did too. He favourited the rest and left mine!:booty

I thought about deleting my tweets, and just calling him a fanny instead, then remembered I'm supposed to be a grown up:double

3 minutes ago, Drew said:

I actually tweeted him after the takeover, thanked him for his efforts, and wished him all the best. Many others did too. He favourited the rest and left mine!:booty

I thought about deleting my tweets, and just calling him a fanny instead, then remembered I'm supposed to be a grown up:double

I missed all that. I'm not grown up. If he is on this forum I hope he knows I think he's a fanny :D

5 hours ago, paul torfason said:

yip.met him,didnt like him,my personal opinion,u have your's ok

Interesting. I spent a fortnight in close proximty to him in Brazil in 1980, a week in Nigeria,and 10 days in Singapore in 1987, as well several pre-season tours and 2 day trips on European business and regular contact in Paisley. I never found him to be anything other than pleasant.Your opinion, I suspect, has more to do with your personality than his

Edited by smcc

Interesting. I spent a fortnight in close proximty to him in Brazil in 1980, a week in Nigeria,and 10 days in Singapore in 1987, as well several pre-season tours and 2 day trips on European business and regular contact in Paisley. I never found him to be anything other than pleasant.Your opinion, I suspect, has more to do with your personality than his

As I suspected.

Thank you for putting the knob jockey in his or her place!

hopefully not,great keeper,but absolute knob jockey arrogant twat of a guy

I've known Campbell for years (though haven't seen him much of late) and he's the exact opposite of your description. However, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

6 hours ago, paul torfason said:

hopefully not,great keeper,but absolute knob jockey arrogant twat of a guy

The responses to this comment from others on here give a totally different view.. what are you basing this on? Everyone else has based theirs on their actual experience with him .. can you ?

are you just angry or what  ? It's easy to throw lazy insults out bit its harder to back them up with facts ?

i just don't get why folk like you just throw insults around for no apparent reason and nothing to back it up ?

hey, it's a fans forum not a court of law and you're entitled to your opinion but at least try to give some input rather than just shouting 'b*wbag!' ... and then running away 

(Cue you shouting B*wbag!... and running away):D

Maybe so... but what I believe it underlines is that Gus understood what had to be done to improve us... and working within the budgetary constraints we had, he understood what was needed to keep us as an established top flight team.

Sure... someone could have come in and had us finish third one season and 11th the next... Gus offered stability even though the football was not the most exciting at times.

In the ten years since his departure, what percentage of league games would you say have thrilled you due to our free flowing football on the way to the foot of the Championship?

This is a very good question. We had one year under Danny when the football was excellent for about half the season and a great run to the League Cup win. Aside from that it's been turgid shite all the way. Not great at all.

On 30/09/2016 at 8:15 PM, Jocky said:

Kevo, I'm not sure where you are coming from with this? What's the relevance of fan ownership in relation to appointing McManus? If he'd succeeded in getting 6 points out of 6, I would have thought he might have been the least risk candidate over a good few mentioned on these pages during the past 2 weeks??

What i meant by this is that there is 1300+ fans signed up to monthly payments of £12 and £25 with no commitment terms tying you in. Making an early decision like promoting the head of youth to full-time manager would not wash with the majority of those subscribers. That was the point i was trying to make. Gordon Scott has came across very well to me and there is complete transparency with his weekly updates to the fans.  

I think with the amount of fans onboard the fans ownership its something you could potentially raise with the club and be taken more seriously as going forward the idea is to have more engagement with fans and listen to their suggestions for imorovement.

Ach I think that boat has sailed. I guess it's probably something to do with it having come from me but it doesn't seem to matter who I talk to at SMiSA or at St Mirren. It all falls on deaf ears.