Slash

Next St Mirren Manager - Merged

I wouldn't trust any of our present players to commit 100% to St Mirren's cause, now or in the future. 

Therefore, whoever we employ as Manager, is going to be a major gamble. 

I have never seen such a dreadful Squad of players as we have now.

Jessified and absolutely shite at their chosen trade. 

Best of luck to our new Boss. 

1 hour ago, ScotstounSaint said:

As I've said before. He failed to get into the top 6 with this team:

Samson, DVZ, Dummett, Goody, Cheesy, McGinn/McLean, McGowan, Newton, Goncalves, Teale and Thommohawk.

That team should have qualified for Europe.

PS. I don't class him as a failure overall!

It's strange how even after its been proved that team wasn't as great as many were pointing out, we still have people trumpeting them to baffling degrees. Six of this team were in the side that went down.

Great...

but will they support their pick if he has similar points return on his watch? Thats what I want to know, or will it be all change again?

Gordon said he is open to the fans why not contact him though I think it's easy enough answered. Gordon said he wants stability long term. That means we will keep the new manager long term no matter the results. As a fan I'm 100% behind that notion.

If the choice is between Mixu and Jack Ross then I would prefer Mixu, he has a decent record and his time and Dundee Utd wasn't helped with off field matters.

Jack Ross has started his managerial career fairly well but so did Ian Murray...

Also Mixu has been mentioned in Phoenix Nights which really puts this debate to bed!

9 minutes ago, Second Decay said:

If the choice is between Mixu and Jack Ross then I would prefer Mixu, he has a decent record and his time and Dundee Utd wasn't helped with off field matters.

Jack Ross has started his managerial career fairly well but so did Ian Murray...

Also Mixu has been mentioned in Phoenix Nights which really puts this debate to bed!

On the flip side, Alex Ferguson started his managerial career fairly well and went on to great things. As did Pep Guardiola... :lol:

Seriously though - all managers are different, and take different paths. One young manager's failure shouldn't put us off a different yong manager, necessarily.

I'm with TC regarding Mixu, had he not suffered the debacle at Dundee Utd he would have been near the top of my preferred list. However he took over DU in a similar (ish) position to us, but with a far bigger budget, and was a complete disaster for them and you need to wonder how he will have been affected by that.

Jack Ross isnt ideal and unless there is some left field candidate we have no idea about he would be the one I would go for

Whoever gets it, Mixu, Jack, Gus, Fullerton etc they will get my support anyway

1 hour ago, Drew said:

You'd need to ask them.

What difference does it make now? Rae has left the building. Even if you were to receive an answer to your hypothetical query, it won't change that fact.

Again its got nothing to do with Rae, and everything to do with are we really going to change our philosophy (not sure old board had one) as a club and set out a detailed vision of what we expect from manager and squad. Or carry on bagging managers six games into a season?

still no one has come out and said they will stick with the new guy, even if he has a six or seven game start like Rae! That is very telling, most of us say we want stability, an end to the revolving door, but few if any will pin their colours to that mast....

so why does anyone think it will all suddenly change with a new manager, if we haven't changed our expectations and behaviours?

34 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Gordon said he is open to the fans why not contact him though I think it's easy enough answered. Gordon said he wants stability long term. That means we will keep the new manager long term no matter the results. As a fan I'm 100% behind that notion.

Aye, he said that before he sacked Rae too!

This board I have trust in, they know that anyone brought in as manager at present can only tweak at aspects on how we play,at least until January, and hopefully get the players we have give a 100% in their play, but whoever they bring in is bound to be a gamble. Do we employ Jack Ross a relatively inexperienced manger who probably would want to bring in Jim Goodwin as assistant manager, both men are committed to the St.Mirren cause or do we bring in Gus McPherson a manager, a relatively experienced manager who gambled and lost big time with the signing of Camara, his disputes with Brian Caldwell which led to the club loosing extra wages on Camara. If it comes down too Ross or McPherson as manager both of whom I am are basing on high gossip I personally would opt for McPherson, his no nonsense style of management is currently what the players we have need "A RIGHT GOOD KICK UP THE ARSE"

Edited by stripey
Missed out words

1 hour ago, pod said:

Who would you like to see on your short list.

Given our Budget and pull it kinda writes itself after a sift to weed out the no-hopers.

i would say though to even think Davies or Hughes would come in for what we have to offer was a waste of time, money, raised unrealistic expectations and made us look daft. IMO

49 minutes ago, Drew said:

Something else to be added to your shortlist.

Your memory.

They are deservedly at the bottom of the League. 

Absolutely atrocious and should all have been sacked after the Edinburgh City disgrace. 

It's one thing not trying for their Manager, but for those arseholes to cheat St Mirren supporters is unforgivable. 

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Again its got nothing to do with Rae, and everything to do with are we really going to change our philosophy (not sure old board had one) as a club and set out a detailed vision of what we expect from manager and squad. Or carry on bagging managers six games into a season?

still no one has come out and said they will stick with the new guy, even if he has a six or seven game start like Rae! That is very telling, most of us say we want stability, an end to the revolving door, but few if any will pin their colours to that mast....

so why does anyone think it will all suddenly change with a new manager, if we haven't changed our expectations and behaviours?

You have been banging a drum all day looking for an answer that only the BOD can give. And you seem to have a memory lapse - Rae was here 9 months not six games. As I said before McManus has shown an improvement over only 2 games but failed to win either. Would I give him or anyone else six games? - yes. Do you really think the support will be clambering for the new manager's head after six games? I don't.

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Rae had six months of last season to get his methods across. He was allowed to bring in some pretty decent players, with experience higher than where we now find ourselves - Sutton, Clarkson, McKenzie, Quinn, Irvine - and we have looked bereft of cohesion. We have lacked any sort of control in midfield due to Rae bringing in 4 strikers and starting the season with 4 centre backs, 2 of whom he brought in, leaving us with three senior midfielders.

We've played a system which has blunted Mallan's effectiveness by having him in a two man midfield, leaving him with less opportunity to get forward. The reason for this system was to incorporate two of the four strikers we signed into the team. The four strikers seem to have been rotated regardless of form and goalscoring, removing the element of competition for places up front to an extent.

In defence, Rae signed Ben Gordon, only to loan him out after one substitute appearance. We persisted with Webster, despite his performances deteriorating fast.

We also seem to have been rotating the keepers, with them playing 3 games each of Rae's league matches in charge this season.

To sum up, it's been a bit of a shambles, we were bottom of the league without a win, having played the teams who will be around the bottom end of the table and being unable to beat any of them.

I would have probably still given Rae a bit more time, but it was uninspiring stuff, and the board obviously thought swift change was needed, to get their own man in. They have my full support in this.

29 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Given our Budget and pull it kinda writes itself after a sift to weed out the no-hopers.

i would say though to even think Davies or Hughes would come in for what we have to offer was a waste of time, money, raised unrealistic expectations and made us look daft. IMO

Presently, who would you like to see on your short list.

1 hour ago, Second Decay said:

I think you'll be disappointed ........