Slash

Next St Mirren Manager - Merged

1 hour ago, Soctty said:

It's strange how even after its been proved that team wasn't as great as many were pointing out, we still have people trumpeting them to baffling degrees. Six of this team were in the side that went down.

How has that been 'proven' then? :huh: I would say the fact that team beat Celtic in the semi-final and then Hearts in the final, but finished 2nd bottom of the league 'proves' Danny failed in the league (our bread and butter).

It's 4 of that team that played in the relegation season, not 6. You're not having McLean, he was our top scorer and his sale mid-season was one of the main reasons we got relegated, and you're not having a 36 year old Teale who had effectively retired and started 3 games all season!

Of those that were still around; McGinn has moved onto a bigger club and now plays for Scotland, Cheesy got hounded out the club, Goodwin and Thommohawk had aged another 2 years + and were well into their 30s.

That was a great team that fell into Lennon's lap, and he made an arse of it in the league. Simple as that.

2 minutes ago, MotherwellSaint said:

looks like jack ross is getting the gig then going by that statement

1 minute ago, gazmc83 said:

or perhaps he's knocked us back.....

Hmmm. What to choose ...................................... ?

Pleasing.

At least it's my pick for manager otherwise I'd have to pick holes in everything he does to try and prove I was right all along that we should have appointed someone else.

Phew.

31 minutes ago, JM1 said:

Pleasing.

At least it's my pick for manager otherwise I'd have to pick holes in everything he does to try and prove I was right all along that we should have appointed someone else.

Phew.

It is Ross, Rahman said so

From the OS...

St Mirren Football Club is delighted to announce the appointment of Jack Ross as the new first team manager. 

The club would like to thank everyone who took the time to apply for the role but have decided, after several meetings with Jack, that he was the outstanding candidate for the job. 

Jack has done an impressive job since taking over as manager at Alloa and has experience as a coach at Hearts and an assistant manager at Dumbarton. 

Jack said: "I'm delighted to be named the new manager of St Mirren Football Club. I have fond memories of my time in Paisley as a player and can't wait to get started."

Chairman Gordon Scott said: "I was very impressed with Jack when we got a chance to meet and am delighted to have him on-board as our new manager. I look forward to working alongside him as we look to bring success to the football club. One of the big plus points for me was Jack being with Hearts at a time at a time when their supporters got involved in the ownership of their club."

As part of our on going commitment to improve communications with supporters, we wanted to release the news on stmirren.com before speaking to any other form of media.

More details on the appointment will follow in the coming days. 

7 hours ago, Froggie said:

Its becoming very tedious now. No information coming from the club and the excuse of no league game for another week and a half, so no hurry. Just this weeks exit from the challenge cup to ignore. Any last vestiges of enthusiasm are being swiftly drained from those remaining fans (less than 2k at the last count) and already most talk is that success would be avoiding relegation to the third division, the lowest point in Saints history. A big well done to those running my football club ! You have, in a few years, managed to alienate me from football via a combination of stultifying mediocrity on the pitch, managerial incompetence, scarcity of home wins and worst of all, overpricing at the turnstyle regardless of which division we are in.

Is it not time for you to go into hibernation/aestivation?

2 hours ago, Drew said:

tmp_16344-sketch-1475598780418-713076916.png

I reiterate.

"My big concern is that, no matter who's appointed, they'll find it difficult to set this bunch of players as a successful unit. We are overloaded in some areas, not necessarily with talent,  and severely sparse in others. I find it hard to see a real team within the confines of the present squad.

I do think Jack Ross would be the wrong appointment but I fear its already been decided."

We're fecked!

I reiterate.

"My big concern is that, no matter who's appointed, they'll find it difficult to set this bunch of players as a successful unit. We are overloaded in some areas, not necessarily with talent,  and severely sparse in others. I find it hard to see a real team within the confines of the present squad.

I do think Jack Ross would be the wrong appointment but I fear its already been decided."

We're fecked!

Just said in text to a Morton supporting mate. Looking forward to seeing what he can do. Personally this season is a write off already, purely based on our current imbalanced squad. The chairman said it was a long term project so let see if we give him the time.

3 minutes ago, Richie P said:

Just said in text to a Morton supporting mate. Looking forward to seeing what he can do. Personally this season is a write off already, purely based on our current imbalanced squad. The chairman said it was a long term project so let see if we give him the time.

I hope I'm wrong but I can't see past, "Murray, mark 2".

Edited by stlucifer

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Well what a surprise that wasn't!

the guy who had blogs, polls and more leaks signposting it would be him than a sieve is the new manager.

welcome back to Paisley Jack, and good luck... You are going to need it!

Perhaps Div was "in the know" just to help boost his site traffic in lieu of payment for setting up the OS. I do like a conspiracy theory!

7 hours ago, ScotstounSaint said:

How has that been 'proven' then? :huh: I would say the fact that team beat Celtic in the semi-final and then Hearts in the final, but finished 2nd bottom of the league 'proves' Danny failed in the league (our bread and butter).

It's 4 of that team that played in the relegation season, not 6. You're not having McLean, he was our top scorer and his sale mid-season was one of the main reasons we got relegated, and you're not having a 36 year old Teale who had effectively retired and started 3 games all season!

Of those that were still around; McGinn has moved onto a bigger club and now plays for Scotland, Cheesy got hounded out the club, Goodw

That was a great team that fell into Lennon's lap, and he made an arse of it in the league. Simple as that.

The team hardly fell into Lennon's lap.  He signed most of them, or in the case of McLean stopped the previous vandal getting rid of him.:rolleyes: