Slash

Next St Mirren Manager - Merged

11 minutes ago, scottd said:

I don't buy the line that we should have been playing in Europe with that team.  To qualify for Europe you need to finish top 3 in the league, I'm sorry but that squad was not a top3 squad.

And yes MacPherson did try and get rid of McLean.

Maybes aye, maybes naw. Can we agree they should have been top 6? For example, above a 5th placed Ross County team featuring Lawson, Brittain (their top scorer!!) and Quinn in midfield. 

1 minute ago, Stuart Dickson said:

God he's murder to listen too. Possible the most boring manager being interviewed since Alex Smith left the club.

Yes, I was just wondering how he goes about signing up for 'How to be Fascinating' lessons, with Stuart Dickson:lol:

Genuine question - do you ever read back what you've composed before hitting the 'post' button?

Talks well, makes sense and seems to know his own mind, without a hint of patronising this smashing wee set up, that's a start. Now it's the old cliche, results driven business. Let's see where we get to on the latest roller coaster, hopefully a few more highs than of late.

4 minutes ago, Drew said:

Yes, I was just wondering how he goes about signing up for 'How to be Fascinating' lessons, with Stuart Dickson:lol:

Genuine question - do you ever read back what you've composed before hitting the 'post' button?

I doubt he could afford me on a St Mirren salary. :rolleyes: 

And to answer your question - no, never. However sometimes I read it back after posting, and edit like crazy. 

13 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

God he's murder to listen too. Possible the most boring manager being interviewed since Alex Smith left the club.

If that was coming from someone who was infinitely charismatic and dynamic, I'd perhaps take it on board, maybe defend him a bit.

Coming from a complete personality vacuum like yourself though, it's very rich indeed.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

If that was coming from someone who was infinitely charismatic and dynamic, I'd perhaps take it on board, maybe defend him a bit.

Coming from a complete personality vacuum like yourself though, it's very rich indeed.

Yet you've read it, and replied - on a forum that allows you to ignore personality vacuums. Strange that. :rolleyes: 

Just now, Stuart Dickson said:

Yet you've read it, and replied - on a forum that allows you to ignore personality vacuums. Strange that. :rolleyes: 

I don't ignore anyone, I like to see the full spectrum of shite that is posted from all manner of posters.

Just because I disagree and then comment on it doesn't change the fact that you're an insufferable bore.

24 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Don't you EVER get bored trolling looking for a bite?

7 hours ago, elvis said:

Where is this interview don't see it on the official site .Is there a link.

On the previous page, mate.

'Boring' aside :rolleyes: there is plenty of credence and interesting content in what he says. He's refreshingly honest that he hasn't seen a lot of us and he doesn't know much of the playing staff. I'm excited by the fact that he appears to put great emphasis on being a man manager, something I believe Potter has had praise for as well and something that Murray was accused of having no real involvement in.

Effective man management is every bit as important as tactical nous for me. The right time to give a player a bollocking and more importantly, the right time to give a player praise. If Jack can get that side of things right, then it's going to be of massive benefit. The fact that he hasn't even asked or requested the addition of new players in January is refreshing as well in that he wants the best out of the lads he has before making any decisions.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the future brings. Above all else, even if we do have a bad start, we simply MUST persevere with him and have faith in the guy. No excuses of 'stop gaps til the club is sold' or 'not the man the new board chose' this time around. 

Edited by djchapsticks

1 hour ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Spot on .. I personally prefer my managers to be budding stand up comedians as well..

Forget football , as long as he sounds like he'd have good patter at a party then it's all good ... 

1 hour ago, scottd said:

I don't buy the line that we should have been playing in Europe with that team.  To qualify for Europe you need to finish top 3 in the league, I'm sorry but that squad was not a top3 squad.

And yes MacPherson did try and get rid of McLean.

Gus tried to get rid of him before he'd even played a game? Why?

Realise your trying to get people to to bite but what absolute nonsense couldn't be further from the truth , he comes across as an intelligent guy who speaks very well and I think will turn out to be a great manager for us

46 minutes ago, STGBuddy said:

Spot on .. I personally prefer my managers to be budding stand up comedians as well..

Forget football , as long as he sounds like he'd have good patter at a party then it's all good ... 

Being boring in an interview doesn't stop a manager from being successful. Alex Smith was unbelievably boring in radio and TV interviews - still is - but the guy has enjoyed plenty of success throughout his career. I was simply making a comment on the 11 minute interview though. It was so dull I couldn't make it to the end. 

1 hour ago, elvis said:

Where is this interview don't see it on the official site .Is there a link.

All the YouTube videos are on the homepage of the official site, just scroll down a bit.

The Jack Ross interview is also at the foot of the article here; http://www.stmirren.com/news/club/club-news/225-jack-ross-interview

11 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Being boring in an interview doesn't stop a manager from being successful. Alex Smith was unbelievably boring in radio and TV interviews - still is - but the guy has enjoyed plenty of success throughout his career. I was simply making a comment on the 11 minute interview though. It was so dull I couldn't make it to the end. 

I think the irony is that most of your posts are negative (or most that I've seen) and then you're commenting (negatively again) the new boss is boring. 

Maybe you'll turn over a new leaf and be positive then the manager will follow suit and be more flamboyant.. we live in hope :D

Edited by STGBuddy

13 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Robbie Neilson, Craig Levein and Steven Pressley are all very very boring when getting interviewed, with Robbie being the most tedious.