Slash

Next St Mirren Manager - Merged

49 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Why do St Mirren fans have a self-destruct button? New manager thread. End-of-feelgood factor thread.

Nobody knows what is happening but let's pour cold water on all the good feelings built up since the season ended. Plenty of time for these threads as and when he does leave.

There are only a couple of negative posters these days we know who they are. Talking of which why is TopCat in hiding. 

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Now Dundee have broken cover and seeking permission to talk to Ross, anyone know where the 'Ghost' is on his Holi-Bobs?

#getgoody

No. no. just no.

While I appreciate what Goodie did for us, I would rather see JF in charge or possibly Hartley.

8 minutes ago, Second Decay said:

Hartley is hated by the vast majority St Mirren fans, many fans would never go back if he was appointed manager, he deliberately got Paul McInytre red carded by cheating

We all hated a lot of players. I personally have a video on youtube showing Hartley almost in tears after Travner scored v Aberdeen. Oh how I laughed. But to think a vast number of Buddies would rip up STs or turn their back on whatever number of years before finding out what Hartley would bring to the table seems ludicrous.

4 hours ago, Sonny said:

Why do St Mirren fans have a self-destruct button? New manager thread. End-of-feelgood factor thread.

Nobody knows what is happening but let's pour cold water on all the good feelings built up since the season ended. Plenty of time for these threads as and when he does leave.

wont be leaving, away on holiday and wants to stay at Saints as there is a start of something big

Why are some people even commenting on who they'd like as J.R#s replacement ?

Has there been an indication yet that he's considering it ?

What's happened to all the positivity ? Did it dissipate at Easter Road ?

What a dour, pessimistic bunch we are. Time we thought more of ourselves as a club and of it's potential, which I'm sure the management team will recognise.

J.R & J.F. won't be leaving..

I don't have a crystal ball so my fortune telling skills are sadly lacking.  I do see opportunity beckoning in many different guises. 

1 Opportunity for JR to remain and complete the job of taking SM back to the SPL and build a chance to move onto still bigger jobs in Scotland or in England. 

2 Opportunity to cash in on JR through compensation and reinvest in the team.

3 Opportunity to promote JF and show that the board acted with foresight when making the management team appointments last time around.

4 Should this happen then appoint a successor in waiting in the hope that JF succeeds so well that we can't hold on to him but already have our succession plan in place.

What would I like. ....success....given a choice right now...JR to stay.

Why are some people even commenting on who they'd like as J.R#s replacement ?

Has there been an indication yet that he's considering it ?

What's happened to all the positivity ? Did it dissipate at Easter Road ?

What a dour, pessimistic bunch we are. Time we thought more of ourselves as a club and of it's potential, which I'm sure the management team will recognise.

J.R & J.F. won't be leaving..

I started it earlier with a post joking about 2 phone calls Gordon Scott should make.

It was a joke however people get worked up about things they read on here. It starts with people questioning why, and you give a response, a

it escalates you then find yourself defending your reasoning and people read too much into your post so their questions get more frequent and more crafty to catch you out until there is a crescendo of "explain yourself!" People no longer remember what they are to explain so ask why should they. Folk get stuck on ignore or worse chase their new found enemy around the forum trying to catch them out.

#forumlife