Slash

Next St Mirren Manager - Merged

10 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Where did I say that?

Does no one else want any of the other Scottish Premiership managers, most of whom have been in post longer than JR?

I'm not deliberately quoting your every comment!

Jack won Manager of the Year for a reason, unlike those in the SPL.

13 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

I don't know is the honest answer.

In recent times, I'd wager that the answer is none.

There hasn't been an up and coming manager in Scottish football who has been lauded by so many people, both within and outwith our club. for many a year.

The majority agree that he's a unique talent, which, unfortunately for us, Ipswich Town seem to have picked up upon.They obviously feel that out of the managers available to them, that he ticks all the boxes. There certainly isn't any manager in Scotland that's done what JR has done. Hence the manager of the year award.

We had a brilliant 18 months, which we should be thankful for and move on without spitting the dummy.

Edited by FTOF

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

In recent times, I'd wager that none the answer is none.

There hasn't been an up and coming manager in Scottish football who has been lauded by so many people, within and outwith our club. for many a year.

The majority agree that he's a unique talent, which, unfortunately for us, Ipswich Town seem to have picked up upon.They obviously feel that out of the managers available to them, that he ticks all the boxes. There certainly isn't any manager in Scotland that's done what JR has done. Hence the manager of the year award.

We had a brilliant 18 months, which we should be thankful for and move on without spitting the dummy.

I am thankful - and I'm not spitting the dummy.

I just want a manager in charge asap who wants to be  at St Mirren.

34 minutes ago, elvis said:

It is 100% deal done on Ross. And Robbie Nielson is  almost certain the new manager. We also got a good chunk in compensation. 

Not the worst that could happen. We need to remember we are a small club and good and bad managers will come and go just like players. The supporters and the club will just have to deal with it just as we have done for more than 100 years.

1 hour ago, billyg said:

There's no doubt that Fergie's legacy was behind our success following his departure , the younger players he nurtured were blossoming after he left. The same could happen post Ross , but only if the incoming manager embraces the ideas that JR already has in place !

Largely agree with you BillyG but I have the feeling that JR was about to change and adapt both our personnel and playing style for the Premiership.  He has already talked about needing more physical presence. I'm not sure that Jim Clunie played the same kind of football that we did under Ferguson.  Perhaps under Ricky McFarlane we played more attractive football than under Jim Clunie.  So... Timing could turn out to be just right as an incoming manager can recruit,rather than inherit players. 

19 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

You'll get your wish either way.

Edited by FTOF

3 minutes ago, scottd said:

Jim McIntyre would be my first choice but if it is Robbie Neilson then so be it.  Whoever is the next boss will have my full backing.

The Elephant in the room is James Fowler. Will Jack ask him to go to Ipswich if he takes the job or will he turn to Lee Mair?  Will James be happy to go or would he prefer to stay at Saints as Manager in the Premiership?  Big questions. 

44 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Anyone appointed obviously wants to be here but you will attract no one of any calibre if they are told we will not entertain them going anywhere else if that opportunity presents itself. We have to accept where we are in the food chain unfortunately !

15 minutes ago, Undertaker said:

:byebye

Image result for gus macpherson

Until they start making a c**t of it and acting like an arrogant prick.:D

Good to see that 8 years on from his sacking some still haven’t got over it.:lol:

Edited by scottd

If Jack is away , and its looking very likely then hopefully the club have been working behind the scenes to announce Jacks departure and also the man who will be taking over . Never a good time to lose a manager of Jacks quality but we all know if not this job offer then it could be another one tomorrow or the next day , there is a story on twitter of possible interest from Derby.

Edited by linwood buddie

31 minutes ago, scrappy coco said:

It seems strange too me that the club would appoint Neilson without waiting to see who else would be interested in the job,

TBH if we're going to go down the "Ambitious young manager route" I'd much prefer we appoint Jim Goodwin..

I'd be happy with either. Goody has followed in Jack's footsteps at Alloa and continued his good work there with promotion this season. Neilson has already proven his capabilities when he did an excellent job with a young Hearts squad. I won't complain if we get either of them.

Hopkin or neilson would be first 2 choices.

Wouldn’t be unhappy even if goody got the job.

Hopkins got a bad reputation that Livy play anti football I think that’s a load of bullshit they are a team that works it’s socks off and has abit of quality they have outplayed Partick tonight who tore us to pieces at the start of the season

to have put together that side with the budget he’s got is a great job

Players are not free to leave whenever they want within their contract period - unlike some managers.
Perhaps Wright is content where he is.
How come the likes of St Johnstone can hold on to "successful" managers more effectively than we can?

Whereas, over the same period, we have been blessed with MacPherson, Lennon, Craig, Teale, Murray and Rae. Two out of five is not bad I suppose.
Wright has been at St Johnstone for 5 years.
How far back do you want to go?
We even managed to dismiss the most successful manager in world football history.
Of course from a personal/selfish position you would advise Ross to take the money and run.
But where does that leave us - the supporters and the club?
We are hardly "ready" unless of course the new manager takes the initiative .
We are in a state of flux at the moment and only one person is responsible for that!
However, I agree wholeheartedly a re-run of the post Ferguson era would be more than welcome.
But for how long?
Sorry for coming down to your level Drew.
Yes I am having a "mare" of a day as you put it because of what is happening to our club, whereas most on here seem quite relaxed about the fact that our manager is now enquiring about his third opportunity to leave St Mirren within a year or so - leaving us in a state of flux at a very important stage in our future development.
I appreciate as much as anyone the work JR has done for St Mirren in his short time here, but I don't want a manager at St Mirren who  wants to be elsewhere.
Sorry for the misquote.
But what other manager in Scotland has taken the bate 3 times within one season?
Sponsored by Tena

3 hours ago, northstbuddie said:

Sorry for coming down to your level Drew.

Yes I am having a "mare" of a day as you put it

3 hours ago, FTOF said:

It was actually me that posted that.

3 hours ago, northstbuddie said:

Sorry for the misquote.

I'll assume that apology was meant for me.

Accepted:)

Edited by Drew

Thankfully Gilmour is no longer making decisions who our next manager is. very harsh on Hopkins on Twitter.

Their is no way a club on Livingstons budget could go out and play open attacking football and have the success they are having at this moment.

It’s not as if they have just parked the bus kicked partick off the park and sneaked it they were very much the better side yet again if anything partick has the worst of the bad challenges tonight.

Ian McCall for me worked wonders at Ayr and the kind of manager that could take is to the next level. Failing that Yogi......on a Shree year deal?
See whatever it is you've been taking could you share some around.

Turn clock back 18 months ago McCall and Hughes were double figure points ahead of Saints and somehow they both got relegated.

It is 100% deal done on Ross. And Robbie Nielson is  almost certain the new manager. We also got a good chunk in compensation. 
How do you know this Elvis??? (Asking in a i'm genuinely interested way not a cheeky how do you know way)

Not been online as much over last 24 hours as done two 12 hour nightshifts in a row but seem to remember you asking Div if his B&WArmy tweet about Jack leaving was true, now your sounding 100% sure he is going.