Greenock Morton v St Mirren Championship 1/11/16

shull

Been following this thread tonight and it's been very fair. This is the worst St. Mirren team I've ever seen (watched on Periscope) while Morton looked as good as we have been recently. What a way for the hoodoo to end, wasn't even close. Fair play to the traveling fans who boosted a disappointing gate for us, on a freezing night with games on TV with little prospect of a win - that's dedication. Hate to say it but I actually kind of want you to stay up, if only for more derby wins next season :P

Edited by nach0king

As i have said previously to continue to say, 'things have improved', 'we have been unlucky', or 'wait till tne january transfer window'.....

is pie in the sky wishful thinking, we are without any doubt the worst team in this league, and probably worse than half the league we seem to heading for too! Ross hasnae got the savvy to inspire performances, and grind out results.

take a leaf out of Jim Duffy's book, there are some saying he should be next in line when Strachan goes! How feckin bizarre is that?

Really don't know what to say. Embarrassing is one word that comes to mind. Not one of the starting line up gets pass marks. They were rank. If you were not there I can't tell you how bad it was. Mom Kyle McGennis he has to start. Ge was Mon 10 mins after coming on the rest were that bad. No professional pride. Need a clear out. Mallan should have been hauled off after what he done for the 2nd goal. But he will score a free kick and everyone will think he's great. He's not. Well tried to be positive today but afraid the fight has been kicked out of me. Need to find something else to da on a sat afternoon.

Really don't know what to say. Embarrassing is one word that comes to mind. Not one of the starting line up gets pass marks. They were rank. If you were not there I can't tell you how bad it was. Mom Kyle McGennis he has to start. He was Mon 10 mins after coming on the rest were that bad. No professional pride. Need a clear out. Mallan should have been hauled off after what he done for the 2nd goal. But he will score a free kick and everyone will think he's great. He's not. Well tried to be positive today but afraid the fight has been kicked out of me. Need to find something else to do on a sat afternoon.

Mate I'm a buddie through and through not far off 60 years been a regular since 6 years of age. I try to be positive. Morton were streets ahead tonight truth be told I'm worried. Don't mind see us getting beat if we tried. Unfortunately tonight we were second to every ball, worrying.

If Jack Ross didn't know what a mess Rae had left him with then he does now. Compounded further at the moment by the injuries to Webster, MacKenzie and Quinn.

Difficult to see a way out but he did the right thing on Saturday by going 3 at the back. Reverted to 4 at the back again tonight? The "goals against" column is where we've got to work from. Think we need to stick with 3-5-2 for a while and become a bit stuffier. The likes of Morgan and Walsh are luxuries we can't afford just now. I'd give the boy MacGennis a run in the team, Calum Gallagher deserves a chance again, and we should maybe be looking at Darren Whyte too. 

25 minutes ago, ianw said:

I don't think I've ever been more depressed as a St Mirren fan. I can't see how we'll have any budget to fix this in January. Utterly dross tonight.

Agreed. I have been a St.Mirren supporter for over 58 years and cannot believe the utter dross that for 3 plus years I have watched and will continue to do so in the hope it will be a decent St.Mirren team I see 1 year. I and many others have stated before that the players need to think about the way they are playing. Jack Ross must have been insane to take the job as St.Mirren manager. Still he has got one record of his short time in that its 17 years since Morton beat us in a competitive game.

Edited by stripey

Am I blaming Jack Ross for tonight? No. Yes he f**ked the starting 11 up, yes he's an Ian Murray-esque wet blanket who will rhyme off a load of meaningless clichees post match. I'm sure he understands football and he has his pro licence and that, but he isn't an inspiring figure.

Sometimes, you get a new manager bounce, it's a well recognised phenomenon in football. It's not because the new manager comes in and changes the tactics and rebuilds the team etc. It's because the new manager comes in and re-motivates the players. He gives them a new lease of life, makes them care again. Happened with Rae and us last season. Alex didn't make us a better team, he just kicked the players up the arse and that was enough to keep us up. He was a hopeless manager, but he was a hard man and he got them telt, initially at least.

Ross hasn't done that. We were a disorganised and unmotivated shambles before he was appointed, and after a month of his tenure we still are. If anything, it's got worse since he came.

Is this his fault? No. He's just a rookie manager. Learning his trade as he goes, of course he's going to make a c**t of it every now and then. This is all well good and noble, unless you are bottom of the second tier, like we are. The problem is that in our position we can't afford to have an apprentice making mistakes. He should never have been appointed, but it's not his fault he was. I'm sure he's a nice fella and I'm sure he's trying his best.

You look at Morton and Ayr and you see Duffy and McCall and you see good management. Then you look at who we could have had and you can't help but thinking...

If we had appointed Gus MacPherson tonight's humiliation would never have happened. There, i said it. It wouldn't have been pretty, we might have lost, but I can guarantee you that we wouldn't have been embarrassed like we were.

Gus would have played 4-5-1 with Sutton upfront on his own and we would have been hard to watch and hard to beat. Oh, for those glory days.