Greenock Morton v St Mirren Championship 1/11/16

shull

I'm very positive usually and criticise everyone who doesn't go and think it's terrible. After tonight I wouldn't blame anyone who doesn't go back.

I can accept getting beat as they are a better team than us right now - but the lack of fight and passion is disgusting.

I'm shattered tonight - the lowest I've been for a long time supporting St Mirren.

I will still go to the majority of matches but won't slag anyone who doesn't go.

Let's hear you Mr Scott and the Board. We've all paid to put the board in place. Let's hear your ideas.

The blunt truth is you couldn't make a decent first eleven from this dire squad right now.We as a family invest in four season tickets but right now the soul is ripped from me and after over sixty years of supporting Saints I am now doubting whether I want to come back this season.I don't think the ninety mile round trip is quite frankly worth it.

Well beaten tonight by a far better team. Morton are streets ahead of us and I now genuinely fear we will get relegated. We're the worst team in the league and we have an inexperienced manager with a very difficult task to get us out of this. 

2 things I hope happen after this display.

Loan players, send them all back. 

Langfield, shouldn't get a jersey again this season. Tonight was the same pattern as all season.  Rooted to his line and constantly put us on the back foot with his terrible kick outs. 

I do fear for us, Ross has my backing but it was an incredible gamble given our position at the bottom of the league. 

Edited by davidg

I was very positive with the squad with the summer signings. Not many people on here were criticising. Get Walsh. Get Hardie. Get Shanks. We all cheered when we got them. Sutton was hailed as a great signing. We haven't gelled. It happens. But to have no fight or a natural leader is a huge mistake.

I wanted Goodwin away as I thought he was done and a liability - I hold my hands up and admit I was wrong.

Scunnered

Third rate players throughout the squad are letting down a first rate support.  We need to face it, our team are hopeless.  Those we once thought good were over-rated, those with reputations didn't deserve them.  Get all loan players sent back tomorrow.  

This group of players are dire. 

Gutted tonight but the record had to go sometime.

Team is so scared right now and hiding from the ball. We really needed a lift from the new manager and that hasn't happened. Puts the pressure on rather than relieving it.

But, whatever happens there are two guarantees:

- fans abusing players has never ever helped anyone.
- the new boss and his team are here for the long term and need our support

It was a big task to give a new manager, but that's the path the club chose and got to stick with it

It is absolutely true to say things will get better, can't get any lower than tonight that's for sure

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Nobody did Victor at least they went to support the team rather than watch Celtic on TV. Is that you wee team ! ! ! !

Have you read this Thread ?

I am putting them all on ignore :lol:

Horrendous tonight. I've had a c**t of a few years and so didn't renew my season ticket a couple of years back. I've been going now and then when I've been free and can afford to. Tonight is the first I've seen St Mirren this season - I can't believe how far we have fallen.

The "performance" tonight was diabolical. The players should be ashamed of themselves. They seemed short of pace, lacking in fitness, unable to tackle, blind to a good pass, unwilling to make runs, spineless, disorganised in defence, missing in midfield and blunt in attack.

Special mention for utter shite goes to Langfield (kickouts and inability to come off his line), Hardie (I genuinely didn't realise he was playing til someone behind me swore at him in the second half), Naismith (it's a shame for the boy but since his injury he just isn't a football player anymore), Walsh (lazy and seemed like he couldn't care less), Clarkson (literally, and I actually mean literally, every contribution he made in the match tonight was a negative one.)

The others not mentioned aren't any better, just not as shite as those mentioned.

The boy Magennis came on and looked alright and Sutton made a difference. They should have started.

Something is rotten in the State of Denmark and if the BoD don't get to the bottom of what's wrong at St Mirren (4 or 5 managers since Danny Lennon and downhill with each appointment) then it's potential relegation. How many will continue to pay their £20/month? If even 10% lose faith and pull out, the club could disappear forever in its current guise. Something needs to happen to turn things around and it needs to happen soon.

Ok. Here we go. I'm going to say it. The Meth Heads were actually very good tonight {takes deep breath and shakes head}. There are 3 or 4 players in their team I'd love to see at our club. They thoroughly deserved that victory. Bastards.
Enough about that though and let's discuss what a disgusting performance that was from us.
With the exception of Morgan and Magennis, every single one of that team out there can GTF as soon as possible. Clarkson and Irvine (and possibly Sutton) get points for trying hard but their performances were brutal. Langfield is a disaster, Mallan is one of the most overrated players I have ever had the misfortune to watch, Hutton is never a footballer in a million years, Shankland clearly doesn't want to be here (do any of them?), Naismith and Baird just haven't got it, but the things that worry me most? No heart. No fight. No dig. No passion. That's what hurts most and perversely is probably the easiest thing to fix. I can handle losing. Let's face it, 17 years undefeated is something those f**kers will never emulate but it was coming, and I can't handle losing in that manner. Shower of f**king pussies. At one point tonight, Quitongo held off his defender by gently placing a hand on his chest ffs. If he'd done that to someone like Aber he'd have got a broken ankle in return. Where is the fight? Where is the anger and aggression?
Sort that out Jack and we might stay in this league. Just.

3 minutes ago, Herbie said:

Ok. Here we go. I'm going to say it. The Meth Heads were actually very good tonight {takes deep breath and shakes head}. There are 3 or 4 players in their team I'd love to see at our club. They thoroughly deserved that victory. Bastards.
Enough about that though and let's discuss what a disgusting performance that was from us.
With the exception of Morgan and Magennis, every single one of that team out there can GTF as soon as possible. Clarkson and Irvine (and possibly Sutton) get points for trying hard but their performances were brutal. Langfield is a disaster, Mallan is one of the most overrated players I have ever had the misfortune to watch, Hutton is never a footballer in a million years, Shankland clearly doesn't want to be here (do any of them?), Naismith and Baird just haven't got it, but the things that worry me most? No heart. No fight. No dig. No passion. That's what hurts most and perversely is probably the easiest thing to fix. I can handle losing. Let's face it, 17 years undefeated is something those f**kers will never emulate but it was coming, and I can't handle losing in that manner. Shower of f**king pussies. At one point tonight, Quitongo held off his defender by gently placing a hand on his chest ffs. If he'd done that to someone like Aber he'd have got a broken ankle in return. Where is the fight? Where is the anger and aggression?
Sort that out Jack and we might stay in this league. Just.

Terrible abuse of our players.

You are now on ignore :lol:

We are in deep sh*t, not sure what Jack Ross is supposed to do. The problem is as clear as day, we are lacking a midfield. We have been from the start of the season. All Jack Ross has been able to do is rearrange the deckchairs on the Titanic. We need to ditch the deckchairs overboard and get new ones. 

I'm not sure how this gets fixed anytime soon. We are in the sh*tter and I don't see a way out anytime soon.

Rushed out of work to make it through to the game tonight. Walked out before full time disgusted.

Credit to those that made it to Greenock. Massive turnout in the away end only to be let down by a team of frauds.

Nobody taking an ounce of responsibility. Fannying on the ball only to take the most predictable and safe option all night.
Walsh and Morgan not tracking back left us light at the back every time. It was so bad at one point, Morton had their winger and left back deep in our half whilst Walsh jogs over the half way line. Pathetic. Gallagher back in for me, not much going forward but at least he tracks back and chips in with the odd goal. Shankland back to his petulant self again, hit the deck looking for two fouls in the first half and argued with linesman when he never got them. Think he was picking on a ball boy at one point.

Gordon Scott will need to remortgage his property in Vegas at this rate. This squad needs radical surgery.

One last thing, Kyle Magennis done more in 5 minutes than Hutton all season. Absolutely livid at tonight.

Morton played well and their number 7 was deservedly the man of the match. 

Our first half performance was as poor as I have seen against our local rivals in my 42 years watching Saints.

Sutton provided a useful target and in my opinion at least the second half was an improvement on the first.

Anyone with St Mirren leanings will be hurt at losing not only the game (Morton deserved to win) but our long standing record against the Ton.

Where to now?

We need a fit Rocco Quinn but are we going to get one is the question.

Of those who played I Thought Mallan kept trying as did Jack Baird.  Gordon redeemed himself a bit in the second half and Sutton did OK when he was on.

Edited by St.Ricky

6 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Morton played well and their number 7 was deservedly the man of the match. 

Our first half performance was as poor as I have seen against our local rivals in my 42 years watching Saints.

Sutton provided a useful target and in my opinion at least the second half was an improvement on the first.

Anyone with St Mirren leanings will be hurt at losing not only the game (Morton deserved to win) but our long standing record against the Ton.

Where to now?

We need a fit Rocco Quinn but are we going to get one is the question.

Of those who played I Thought Mallan kept trying as did Jack Bird.  Gordon redeemed himself a bit in the second half and Sutton did OK when he was on.

She's great.

Player of the year, so far.

And, wid :wub:

bird.jpg

All this video analysis that coaches such as langfield and co bang on about would have probably been a clue as to how we lost the same goal to Morton tonight as we did against them on the opening day of the season.

Sadly it was a disgraceful showing from our team who ran around like headless chickens with no idea what to do.

The young lad Magennis looked assured again and he should be in for that imposter Hutton permanently.