St Mirren v Falkirk Championship 1/10/16

shull

FT 1-1

Probably about right to be honest, two poor sides. We could have even won it at the end

Falkirk aren't up to much, they've certainly regressed since last season. Why?

Walsh is certainly an intriguing player, doesn't seem to do much except score good goals consistently. Get him starting Gus MacPherson.

Anyway, new manager next week. There is a half decent Championship team in our squad somewhere, just need someone to find them. I wonder who.

Shite again but huge difference when Hutton went off, he's just too slow at everything he does and totally slows the team down, passes the ball slowly and he can hardly move himself, Queen of the South fans said the exact same thing about him, funnily enough there play is a lot sharper now without him in the team.

That could turn out to be a huge point for us.

Managed to catch the last 25 minutes.

Was deeply depressed as I watched Falkirk easily dominating saints half of the pitch.  Too easy...

then...  A couple of inconsequential powder-puff forays upfield, Falkirk sitting back, a slotted pass from Mallan, Walsh  fights fur the baw, BATTER,

And Saints were a team transformed!  Delightful, pressure, self-belief oozed oot.

i really thought it was there for the winning (as undeserved as that might have been.)

i wanted it. The team seemed to want it.

and probably you all did, too. :)

they should be further up the league.

maybe it just requires Harry Potter for manager...

10 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Shite again but huge difference when Hutton went off, he's just too slow at everything he does and totally slows the team down, passes the ball slowly and he can hardly move himself, Queen of the South fans said the exact same thing about him, funnily enough there play is a lot sharper now without him in the team.

That could turn out to be a huge point for us.

There must be an U-20player that offers more than Hutton.

Either that or one of the training cones.

There must be an U-20player that offers more than Hutton.

Either that or one of the training cones.

He can hardly move and when he passes the ball it trundles along the ground at slow pace and it totally slows us down and gives the other team time to get back in behind the ball, he puts no zip in his passes whatsoever, garbage.

Given our current state, along with playing a team who finished 2nd last year and had won 4 on the bounce coming into tonight....... I thought that was an excellent point. 

Yes, we didn't create much, but their goal was a fluke and Langfield only really had one serious save to make.

Last week's mistakes were cut out, we defended well and our goal came through a bit of incision in the middle of the park: a sharp pass from Mallan and a great bit of play from Walsh.

Hopefully, that will inject a wee bit of confidence.

11 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

He can hardly move and when he passes the ball it trundles along the ground at slow pace and it totally slows us down and gives the other team time to get back in behind the ball, he puts no zip in his passes whatsoever, garbage.

I've never seen a player who manages to get to first to the ball so many times, but loses so many tackles.

someone said a shit Falkirk team,they just hammered Dundee Utd 3-1,what baffles me is if we capable of playing like that the last 10 mins,why not starting like this,shows there a team in there somewhere,glad our youth boss not or big boss,how you can watch hardie and not replace him is unbelievable,absolute fake,totally not interested,get rid,big change when Walsh n Clarkson came on,new manager this week and battling performance at the end,lets get this season started by humping the green vermin from Edinburgh and sending Neil ugly home crying,hopefully the revival of our beloved club starts tonight,C.O.Y.S.