St Mirren v Falkirk Championship 1/10/16

shull

Shite again but huge difference when Hutton went off, he's just too slow at everything he does and totally slows the team down, passes the ball slowly and he can hardly move himself, Queen of the South fans said the exact same thing about him, funnily enough there play is a lot sharper now without him in the team.

That could turn out to be a huge point for us.

Agree. The pace throughout the team is way toooo slow. We need to move the ball through the pitch with pace and control. Strangely the goal showed what can be achieved when a player is even wee bit positive and brave.

Granted Hutton is certainly not one of our more skilful players - but he gives his all and makes himself available to get colleagues out of trouble.

I much prefer his attitude to that of Hardie for example who seems to give the impression he is too good for St Mirren and this level of football. In reality he contributed very little to today's team performance.

I think Hutton as much as anyone is suffering from loss of confidence and when that returns I think we will see a very different player.

Just back home from the game. Completely boring game until we scored then it came to life.

Same old every week, but how Hutton constantly plays from the start is beyond me, he's awful. I thought Naismith was hiding all night and really is a shadow of his former self.

Decent point in the end but we are hopeless, I hope the new manager is a miracle worker.

Granted Hutton is certainly not one of our more skilful players - but he gives his all and makes himself available to get colleagues out of trouble.

I much prefer his attitude to that of Hardie for example who seems to give the impression he is too good for St Mirren and this level of football. In reality he contributed very little to today's team performance.

I think Hutton as much as anyone is suffering from loss of confidence and when that returns I think we will see a very different player.

Nonsense, Hutton is absolutely garbage and it's no coincidence our play improved and was sharper when he went off.

No doubt I'll take pelters for this as the guy's already been written off but......

On the back of last week's catastrophe, I thought Hutton did alright in that deep lying midfield role. He was pretty tidy in collecting the ball from the centre-halves in our own half then moving it on, and did provide a bit of protection to the back 4. The gaping hole between the midfield and defence wasn't as evident as last week, and they didn't have much joy through the middle. 

7 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

No doubt I'll take pelters for this as the guy's already been written off but......

On the back of last week's catastrophe, I thought Hutton did alright in that deep lying midfield role. He was pretty tidy in collecting the ball from the centre-halves in our own half then moving it on, and did provide a bit of protection to the back 4. The gaping hole between the midfield and defence wasn't as evident as last week, and they didn't have much joy through the middle. 

He's not any worse than the rest of them. I don't know if that's something to be proud of but it is what it is. 

Edited by Simon_Towel

4 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

No pelters from me , but the guy is rank rotten . He runs about like a headless chicken and like many other players right now, shirks away from any responsibility . 

That goal from Walsh could turn out to be an important one , for confidence building if nothing else . We were poor again today , but the most important thing was not to lose again . 

Whoever gets the the gig will have his work cut out . 

Keep the faith . 

I'm not sure Hardie does think he is above this level. I've spoken to Rangers fans who have asked about his performances. I've explained that he shoes very little but has scored a couple of chances and they say that is all they ever see too so it isn't a "level" thing. He scored for Raith.

I would say he is a striker who needs others to do the creating for him. Similar to Sutto and Shankland. The big problem is that our midfield is non existent.

What a shower of tossers on here. We were poor but we drew with the fourth best team in the league. We do not have to improve that much to challenge. The whole league is shit. Give them a chance. Maybe if more of you turned up rather than spout shite on here we could do better. No wonder noone wants the job listening to you arses on here

3 minutes ago, guinness said:

What a shower of tossers on here. We were poor but we drew with the fourth best team in the league. We do not have to improve that much to challenge. The whole league is shit. Give them a chance. Maybe if more of you turned up rather than spout shite on here we could do better. No wonder noone wants the job listening to you arses on here

Try reading your own posts.

4 minutes ago, guinness said:

I agree with a lot of what you say but , Herman Hermit for manager ? Not sure about that . 

The change in formation and tactics is starting to pay dividends and we are finally showing glimpses of our potential.

The manager changed the shape and tactics during the game, resulting in positive outcomes too.

Still a long way to go but I was heartened by that today.

Special mention to Jack Baird who was a collosus at the back today...

and what about Sutton sprinting to take the ball to the corner flag then sprinting back to get in position in the dying minutes... after a tireless shift!

That's the attitude that will get us out of this position.

01 October 2016

Thank you to the fans

SMFC Webteam
 Club News

I want to thank each and every one of the near 2,000 St Mirren supporters who came along to this evening's match against Falkirk. With the game on TV and a kick off time of 5:15pm, it was great to see a crowd of 2,000 plus at the Paisley 2021 Stadium. I thought the backing from the Saints fans was absolutely wonderful with some of the players mentioning how good the support was in driving them on to get a draw. I had asked supporters to come along in my statement on stmirren.com yesterday and I genuinely can't thank all of you who did enough for the support you gave the team until the very end. Of course we wanted to get a win but you can see how Tom Walsh's late goal spurred on both the supporters and the players and hopefully we can replicate that in the coming weeks and months. Your support of the football club is vital and never taken for granted and thank you all once again for coming out in your numbers to cheer the team on.

Gordon

26 minutes ago, guinness said:

Is this the noone that you speak of ? 

image.jpeg

24 minutes ago, shull said:
01 October 2016

Thank you to the fans

SMFC Webteam
 Club News

I want to thank each and every one of the near 2,000 St Mirren supporters who came along to this evening's match against Falkirk. With the game on TV and a kick off time of 5:15pm, it was great to see a crowd of 2,000 plus at the Paisley 2021 Stadium. I thought the backing from the Saints fans was absolutely wonderful with some of the players mentioning how good the support was in driving them on to get a draw. I had asked supporters to come along in my statement on stmirren.com yesterday and I genuinely can't thank all of you who did enough for the support you gave the team until the very end. Of course we wanted to get a win but you can see how Tom Walsh's late goal spurred on both the supporters and the players and hopefully we can replicate that in the coming weeks and months. Your support of the football club is vital and never taken for granted and thank you all once again for coming out in your numbers to cheer the team on.

Gordon

Hopefully the chairman can bend ears on how to ban BBC ALBA from championship games. They cost the Pars last week and us this week 10 of thousands and with our game against the Pars also on this penny pinching channel it will cost us more. When was the last time Falkirk fans were so low in numbers to be put into the west stand ?

This is a very strange season. But for an own goal  (rebound) at Dunfermline we would have drawn 5 out of 8 games in the league. In other words ...we would have been unbeaten in 5 out of 8. We have been unbeaten in 4 out of 8. Wins make a great difference in this league with 3 points for a win. 

I have personally really enjoyed the last two games. The players have given 100% in effort and tactical changes have been astute.

I realise that nor everyone will agree with this but I have renewed enthusiasm.