Getting Close To £30 Admission Fee At St Mirren Park.

shull

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Clearly the club should increase the charge for cup games.

I know you like to take an egalitarian approach to pricing Shull but neither playing standards nor attendances would improve greatly if standard pricing is reduced. 

Are many players overpaid?  Some yes.  At Saints? I don't think so when compared with others. 

Would your own business improve standards if you reduced prices below your colleagues in the Sector? 

We have a 69 percent utilisation rate at the ground this season.  The 5th Best in the Premiership. 

Greatly improved on last season so I guess the public are voting in favour with their wallets. 

We average around 4000 home fans .

Most are Season Ticket holders paying a vastly reduced rate for entry.

How many adult Saints Fans pay £22 for every home match ?

How many adult Saints fans paid £27 for those 2 sectarian matches ?

My main reason for cheaper pricing is just a fair deal for fans. If crowds don't go up I not that bothered.

Just now, shull said:

We average around 4000 home fans .

Most are Season Ticket holders paying a vastly reduced rate for entry.

How many adult Saints Fans pay £22 for every home match ?

How many adult Saints fans paid £27 for those 2 sectarian matches ?

My main reason for cheaper pricing is just a fair deal for fans. If crowds don't go up I not that bothered.

I get where you are coming from.  But.. My thoughts are that more people are turning out and paying more as the standard goes up.. Us and the opposition. 

The more people who buy season tickets and in the process,  save themselves some cash,  the better all round. 

Those turning up on a match by match basis.. Home or away fans pay more.. That's OK with me. 

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I get where you are coming from.  But.. My thoughts are that more people are turning out and paying more as the standard goes up.. Us and the opposition. 

The more people who buy season tickets and in the process,  save themselves some cash,  the better all round. 

Those turning up on a match by match basis.. Home or away fans pay more.. That's OK with me. 

Away fans are irrelevant.

Most home fans have purchased a Season Ticket which gives a vastly reduced entry fee. ( THEY ARE NOT PAYING £22 or £27 per match )

HOW MANY ST MIRREN FANS ARE PAYING £22 OR £27 PER MATCH  ?

And how many home fans would attend a league match if there were no Season Tickets and we all had to pay £22 or £27 ?

10 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

If they have to be part time and survive on wages generated from £10 entrance fees , I would say most of them would do what most folk would do and go ply their trade wherever they could get the best deal.
With your model , just about every tier of English football would double or treble their wages and who would blame them for buggering off and leaving us watching pub league level cluggers.
You make the assumption that all of these players would be able to have full time jobs that would allow them to devote the time needed to carry out their “hobby”, as it would be .

You can't have a debate with a Moron. The three Forum sado's have excelled themselves in the last few days. Even by their excruciating standards! One is thick as shit, one has obvious issues and the third is a combination of the other two!! :lol:lol:lol

2 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

You can't have a debate with a Moron. The three Forum sado's have excelled themselves in the last few days. Even by their excruciating standards! One is thick as shit, one has obvious issues and the third is a combination of the other two!! :lol:lol:lol

And you read every single post we make.

Thanks 

5 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

Are you a combination of Poz & Drew ?

I can see the similarties in your posting style to theirs.

1 hour ago, Mr Optimistic said:

You know.  You have a penchant for shooting yourself in the foot. 

Best avoided,  I would suggest. 

However... Where do your thoughts on this topic differ from mine. 

1 The way to reduce the cost of attending matches is through buying season tickets. 

2 This has benefits for the club and supporters. 

3 More people are attending as our league positions and opposition have improved and should we maintain this numbers will grow further. 

4 We now have a seat utilisation factor of 69 per cent.. 5th highest in Scotland 

5 Increased revenue from crowds and other sources have enabled and will enable us to upgrade our playing staff. 

Edited by St.Ricky

5 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Are many players overpaid?  Some yes.  At Saints? I don't think so when compared with others. 

With respect Ricky, that bit in bold is entirely irrelevant. We should be paying players solely according to what we can sustainably support. What others do is not relevant. If we go bust trying to keep up with the Joneses none of them will help us out.

6 hours ago, oaksoft said:

With respect Ricky, that bit in bold is entirely irrelevant. We should be paying players solely according to what we can sustainably support. What others do is not relevant. If we go bust trying to keep up with the Joneses none of them will help us out.

I take your point.  I guess what I was saying,  or trying to say,  was that as our revenue increases then within that we are able to afford, wages will rise and as a result we may be able to recruit better players. Depending on the level of increase and it's perceived sustainability then we might move up the list of average wages paid.  Without the added productivity shown in points gained then this could be risky. 

8 hours ago, LargsBud said:

If anything these are the clubs that it would hurt least. Gate receipts will be a much lower percentage of their overall revenue than it will be for teams like us. 

It would hurt them least regarding survival as full-time clubs, it would hurt them most regarding financial loss. Football is a money business and the people that profit and run these clubs will be having absolutely none of it. 

Shull has always been a fan of lower ticket prices and to an extent he has a point.

Admittedly this is last year's figures but still relevant to the discussion as they froze their ticket prices for this year- These are Burnley's ticket prices across the stadium and this was for a team playing in the English Premier League at a good level:

ADULT
David Fishwick Stand £30
Jimmy McIlroy Lower £30
Jimmy McIlroy Upper (Family area) £35
James Hargreaves Lower £30
James Hargreaves Upper (Wings) £35
James Hargreaves Upper (Centre) £40
Bob Lord Stand £40
SENIOR CITIZENS
David Fishwick Stand £20
Jimmy McIlroy Lower £20
Jimmy McIlroy Upper £25
James Hargreaves Lower £20
James Hargreaves Upper (Wings) £20
James Hargreaves Upper (Centre) £25
Bob Lord Stand £25
UNDER 22
David Fishwick Stand £20
Jimmy McIlroy Lower £20
Jimmy McIlroy Upper £25
Bob Lord Stand £25
UNDER 18
David Fishwick Stand £15
Jimmy McIlroy Lower £15
Jimmy McIlroy Upper * £15
James Hargreaves Lower £15
James Hargreaves Upper (Wings) £15
James Hargreaves Upper (Centre) £20
Bob Lord Stand £20
UNDER 12
Jimmy McIlroy Upper (Family) * £10*

So are you comparing apples with apples? - not exactly - maybe Pink Ladies with Cookers, but hardly the same thing. I think however you might just have to accept that you got slightly better footballing skills on offer at Turf Moor.

Whether you would have got quite the same banter is another matter................................

22 minutes ago, The Original 59er said:

Shull has always been a fan of lower ticket prices and to an extent he has a point.

Admittedly this is last year's figures but still relevant to the discussion as they froze their ticket prices for this year- These are Burnley's ticket prices across the stadium and this was for a team playing in the English Premier League at a good level:

ADULT
David Fishwick Stand £30
Jimmy McIlroy Lower £30
Jimmy McIlroy Upper (Family area) £35
James Hargreaves Lower £30
James Hargreaves Upper (Wings) £35
James Hargreaves Upper (Centre) £40
Bob Lord Stand £40
SENIOR CITIZENS
David Fishwick Stand £20
Jimmy McIlroy Lower £20
Jimmy McIlroy Upper £25
Bob Lord Stand £25
UNDER 22
David Fishwick Stand £20
Jimmy McIlroy Lower £20
Jimmy McIlroy Upper £25
Bob Lord Stand £25
UNDER 18
David Fishwick Stand £15
Jimmy McIlroy Lower £15
Jimmy McIlroy Upper * £15
James Hargreaves Lower £15
James Hargreaves Upper (Wings) £15
James Hargreaves Upper (Centre) £20
Bob Lord Stand £20
UNDER 12
Jimmy McIlroy Upper (Family) * £10*

So are you comparing apples with apples? - not exactly - maybe Pink Ladies with Cookers, but hardly the same thing. I think however you might just have to accept that you got slightly better footballing skills on offer at Turf Moor.

Whether you would have got quite the same banter is another matter................................

Despicable pricing and outrageous salaries paid out. 

Burnley, like the rest could afford to let all fans in for free, thanks to the TV money. 

But the rip off Bassas won't. 

GREEDY CNUTS. 

FECKEM 

Why do Clubs feck about many different pricings for the same match ? 

All fans have a seat. 

Just charge one set of prices for anywhere in the Stadium unless restricted view. 

Say 

Adults £10

Concessions £5

So fecking simple 

Edited by shull

1 hour ago, shull said:

All fans have a seat. 

Just charge one set of prices for anywhere in the Stadium unless restricted view. 

Say 

Adults £10

Concessions £5

So fecking simple 

I wish this was your seat

Image result for james bond ejector seat

7 minutes ago, The Original 59er said:

I smell a definite opportunity to make loads of money over this misrepresentation of the true facts..................... Fake news, fake news

Hardly fake though is it ?

Happy to be sued I have evidence and its all on this Forum:whistle

Edited by DougJamie

2 hours ago, shull said:

All fans have a seat. 

Say 

Adults £10

Concessions £5

So fecking simple 

I get your principle, but your approach is risible and if you perhaps attached a slight pinch of realism then you might get a few more supporting your principle.

I agree that pricing could be flattened out across the various parts of the stadium with maybe a fractional difference between good and not so good seats, but £10 & £5 for your afternoon's entertainment is a bit on the low side.

There was a report in 2011 stating:

In 1989 the cheapest price for a ticket to watch Manchester United cost £3.50 which, with inflation, should cost £6.20. In fact the least fans can expect to pay is £28.

The picture is worse at Anfield where tickets were £4 and now the minimum is £45 - a rise of 1,025 per cent.

Yes the income from the TV companies is vast and yes they could do an awful lot more for the actual fan who turns up, but if you take as an example a game of golf, if you turned up at a course you would be very lucky to play a reasonable course for under £25 which will give you a theoretical 4 hours of entertainment. Or you could get tickets for your favourite band, - that is stratospheric compared to a football match and that might cost you £80+ for your 4 hours entertainment.

So finding a balance is what is needed. :hammer