Getting Close To £30 Admission Fee At St Mirren Park.

shull

9 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Prices are high for everyone then. It will be tough for many to afford , in particular just now with surging energy prices and inflation. The club has the Help a Buddy scheme for home matches. At least that will help some locals. 

Just looked at ticket prices for Newcastle games as they are the closest big English team. Eye watering prices. https://seatpick.com/newcastle-united-tickets

Yes i do find it hilarious that those who bleat on about cost of living can still shell out thousands to watch a run of the mill team... wonder if Truss will tax the PL surplus

4 hours ago, Rascal said:

Prices are high for everyone then. It will be tough for many to afford , in particular just now with surging energy prices and inflation. The club has the Help a Buddy scheme for home matches. At least that will help some locals. 

Just looked at ticket prices for Newcastle games as they are the closest big English team. Eye watering prices. https://seatpick.com/newcastle-united-tickets

They are cheaper if you buy direct from the club rather than third party sites Rascal. I saw Man City v Chelsea (Saturday evening game, great view near the front) for £66 last season, okay it’s still steep but for two top world clubs I thought it was okay. 

1 minute ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

They are cheaper if you buy direct from the club rather than third party sites Rascal. I saw Man City v Chelsea (Saturday evening game, great view near the front) for £66 last season, okay it’s still steep but for two top world clubs I thought it was okay. 

Isn't that the point, if prices are too high for the quality on offer then people will vote with their feet, the ranting that one of our posters persists with regarding costs while still wanting top flight football shows a remarkably naive approach to reality.

3 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Sorry but £66 is a ridiculous sum to pay for 90 odd minutes of football. The English Premiership is overated and certainly not worth anywhere near that sort of money to watch in person. Sky have marketed the brand so well it's like the emperor's new clothes. If you question its quality you're the problem. It works for fools who think they know all about football. I started to watch the Spurs game but gave up because it was as boring as feck.

10 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Sorry but £66 is a ridiculous sum to pay for 90 odd minutes of football. The English Premiership is overated and certainly not worth anywhere near that sort of money to watch in person. Sky have marketed the brand so well it's like the emperor's new clothes. If you question its quality you're the problem. It works for fools who think they know all about football. I started to watch the Spurs game but gave up because it was as boring as feck.

It was okay for a one off, no way I would pay that regularly 

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

It’s a lot of money for a league game. I can’t recall how much I paid for my ticket for the Scotland v Brazil game in the opening game of the World Cup but it was probably around that but for a one off. Re the English Top League, I think that Sky make a great job in both presenting and selling the coverage. I just can’t get into feeling strongly about any of the teams. Not doubting the quality of players.

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

Aye, because the over rated teams never do well in the Champions league. :lol:

Your anti english anything is the problem here. :byebye

2 minutes ago, Rascal said:

It’s a lot of money for a league game. I can’t recall how much I paid for my ticket for the Scotland v Brazil game in the opening game of the World Cup but it was probably around that but for a one off. Re the English Top League, I think that Sky make a great job in both presenting and selling the coverage. I just can’t get into feeling strongly about any of the teams. Not doubting the quality of players.

Have you not said in the past about watching the Glasgow clubs v Saints to see top quality players, now I'm making an assumption thst those players weren't in black and white stripes, so those would have to be in the opposition sides. The same applies watching English Prem games, you don't need an affiliation to appreciate the quality on show.

3 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Have you not said in the past about watching the Glasgow clubs v Saints to see top quality players, now I'm making an assumption thst those players weren't in black and white stripes, so those would have to be in the opposition sides. The same applies watching English Prem games, you don't need an affiliation to appreciate the quality on show.

In my book they are Scottish Teams and I have also gone to European Games at both as well as at Dundee United. As Scottish sides that we will also meet I have an interest. I get what you say though and do like to see individual players of real skill whatever team they play for. I also get that folks can adopt an English Team. If I did then it would be Spurs but I wouldn’t go to the pub to watch them.

3 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Sorry but £66 is a ridiculous sum to pay for 90 odd minutes of football.

People pay a small fortune to watch singers or bands at the Hydro, Hampden, Ibrox Murrayfield that is far in excess of £66. 

It’s all down to supply and demand.

While you may not be prepared to pay for a one off event like @ALBIONSAINT paid for City vs Chelsea but you might have paid a lot more to see Harry Styles at Ibrox this summer for a 90minute show. 

It’s down to choice. 

I remember in the 90s as an away fan visiting Highbury and was charged £16 while just up the road Spurs charged £30.

This was at the time where Arsenal had players like Henry, Bergkamp, Seaman, Adam, Pires, Merson, Petit and co.

I honestly can’t remember any of the Spurs players as they were shite.

The view and atmosphere at Highbury was far superior to the away end at White Hart Lane.

Spurs were in those days the most expensive away ticket and I went to every away ground in the EPL back then.

Away Tickets were allocated back then on points awarded for attendance at away games.

Don’t think I could justify the prices now as I’d only be able to get home tickets. 

Edited by SuperSaints1877

53 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

People pay a small fortune to watch singers or bands at the Hydro, Hampden, Ibrox Murrayfield that is far in excess of £66. 

While you may not be prepared to pay for a one off event like @ALBIONSAINT paid for City vs Chelsea but you might have paid a lot more to see Harry Styles at Ibrox this summer for a 90minute show. 

It’s down to choice. 

I remember in the 90s as an away fan visiting Highbury and was charged £16 while just up the road Spurs charged £30.

This was at the time where Arsenal had players like Henry, Bergkamp, Seaman, Adam, Pires, Merson, Petit and co.

The view and atmosphere at Highbury was far superior to the away end at White Hart Lane.

Spurs were in those days the most expensive away ticket and I went to every away ground in the EPL back then.

Away Tickets were allocated back then on points awarded for attendance at away games.

Don’t think I could justify the prices now as I’d only be able to get home tickets. 

Feck Me! Harry Styles? I'll leave that for the likes of Faraway. Boy bands are probably more his thing given the level of his insight. Unfortunately football is a closed shop. IF you want to support a team you're kinda stuck to paying the price. It is more to do with heart over head when it comes to it. With singers/bands. You like the style, (pun intended), or not. There is a bit of hype involved when it comes to pop but mainly people tend to think the singer/band are good or bad. With football, supporters follow teams even when they KNOW they're sh!te.

On 8/20/2022 at 4:12 PM, SuperSaints1877 said:

It’s down to choice. 

I agree with lucy ( never thought I’d say that !! ) £66 is a ridiculous amount of money for something which is not a special occasion  but something which let’s face it will happen every week for the best part of 9 months . 

One off items like concerts etc cannot be compared to justify these sky high prices , if you are inclined to pay £90-100 to see Harry styles , that’s fine , it’s your money but then that’s something that would be a treat ( not in my eyes though 😂)  

Everyone has their thing , every year I pay £60-70 to attend RIAT , the worlds biggest Airshow.  Would I pay that every week, or every month  - no f**king way . It’s a treat , a chance to see the worlds biggest and best perform .  

In my opinion , Football clubs play on the love, devotion and at times unwavering loyalty of fans, EPL clubs are masters at it but it goes on at almost every level of football .

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, but as you haven't been to a game for about 3 years it matters not one jot to you and your continual whining. :byebye

And he will reply by saying “you’ve no been to a home game in 30 years!”