Sign in to follow this  
shull

Getting Close To £30 Admission Fee At St Mirren Park.

39 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

So has the potential to get a new season ticket each week , is better than I thought ,  I honestly don't think we would be undercutting Saints prices ( Probably the same price ) . 

We would be highlighting what good value watching St Mirren is for a  family and also encouraging people to watch St Mirren . 

Any profits would go back into buying family tickets .

I,m sure fans / club could easily manage this .

I'm genuinely all-for any scheme that helps to recruit the next generation of  fans, but maybe I've mistakenly led you astray.

I said, "You’d need to flog all 20 family tickets EVERY home game for 15/16 weeks before break even", should have read, "You’d need to flog all 20 EVERY home game for 15/16 Home games before break even".  That's a long run in till 'profits' start flowing in. (And I'm ignoring any potential interest on the £5k sitting in an account somewhere.)

I may also have misunderstood you.  It looks to me that you want SMISA to invest nearly £5k  at the start of a season, and yet that money wouldn't generate any income (even if it's a complete sell-out)  till nearly 50% of the way through the season. 

All the best!!  It could work.  :)

But I'm a Buddie - a natural born pessimist.

28 minutes ago, The Original 59er said:

I used them as a middle of the league type team. If you take Fleetwood Town as an example again the prices are much in the same area and for Wimbedon they are higher and Scunthorpe they are lower but not so different to make a big song and dance over it.

The point is, and demonstrated in my last post, football costs for the punter have risen much more than inflation since 1970, it's a question whether you think the vastly improved facilities justify the prices being charged?

The inflation point is very valid point I am making is that they are able to generate over double the turnover charging similar prices on similar crowds. The tv / prize money even at their level is eye watering by comparison. If Walsall were to win their equivalent of our Irn Bru diddy cup, they would earn more than double what a club would get for winning the Scottish cup (prize and tv cash). You could argue that Walsall are only charging what they are at the gate due to revenue from other sources, it's almost subsidised.

3 hours ago, antrin said:

I'm genuinely all-for any scheme that helps to recruit the next generation of  fans, but maybe I've mistakenly led you astray.

I said, "You’d need to flog all 20 family tickets EVERY home game for 15/16 weeks before break even", should have read, "You’d need to flog all 20 EVERY home game for 15/16 Home games before break even".  That's a long run in till 'profits' start flowing in. (And I'm ignoring any potential interest on the £5k sitting in an account somewhere.)

I may also have misunderstood you.  It looks to me that you want SMISA to invest nearly £5k  at the start of a season, and yet that money wouldn't generate any income (even if it's a complete sell-out)  till nearly 50% of the way through the season. 

All the best!!  It could work.  :)

But I'm a Buddie - a natural born pessimist.

Not really about making money or breaking even , just about getting new fans on board and making tickets a wee bit cheaper . Would make sense to use monies from sales to pay for the following seasons 20 tickets . Also SMISA giving to the club and getting something back . I'm sure there's a workable plan somewhere there .

15 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Not really about making money or breaking even , just about getting new fans on board and making tickets a wee bit cheaper . Would make sense to use monies from sales to pay for the following seasons 20 tickets . Also SMISA giving to the club and getting something back . I'm sure there's a workable plan somewhere there .

I am all for finding ways of widening the number of people who come to watch the team, be that the young or the elderly. 

Again.. Last year on here I proposed starting a fund to which people and organisations could donate where the monies raised would be used to cover the cost of people coming to watch the team e.g. Season Tickets / Half Season Tickets open the school age and OAP's. 

50 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I am all for finding ways of widening the number of people who come to watch the team, be that the young or the elderly. 

Again.. Last year on here I proposed starting a fund to which people and organisations could donate where the monies raised would be used to cover the cost of people coming to watch the team e.g. Season Tickets / Half Season Tickets open the school age and OAP's. 

It's a sound idea Ricky , maybe targeting guys who work hard , work some weekends , and wants to do something affordable with the kids at the weekend . 

7 hours ago, shull said:

Sometimes it needs to be explained many times to a few on here as you can see from a Topic on the Matchday Threads. 

The many Scottish football players who are playing presently and are churning out shite skills will still be here in 3 years time and still churning out shite. 

Only difference will they will be getting paid what they deserve (part time). They should have a full time job outwith football so they will probably be better off. 

And most importantly, the fans will get in for a tenner or less and not get ripped off while supporting crap. 

Most Scottish players will stay here as they are too pish to get money from any other Country. 

A lot of surmising there.

The clubs would naturally shrink and become equivalent to junior football clubs so why don't you just start supporting them.

So let me surmise.

The very fact you say "most" means that we would obviously end up with an inferior product due to the fact those good enough who are plying their trade here would leave. We would have a constant drain of good players departing for pastures new. This in turn would mean the clubs would shrink and more supporters would find better things to do on a football day. There would be a vicious circle and we would end up with most clubs losing their grounds and being forced to downsize even more and so on and so on.

ETA. That's not even considering the loss of advertising and sponsorship which would be decimated.

And even this is dependent on the two arse cheeks getting a gig elsewhere which, let's face it, is highly unlikely.

I'm not advocating price rises but there is no way Scottish football could survive in your fantasy world.

Finally.

It is supply and demand. Enough people feel it worthwhile paying the prices as they are or they wouldn't pay it. 

I am aware of only one person advocating those drastic cuts in entry fee and you have repeated your deranged idea often enough to convert those who could be yet I have seen no one else agree with the ludicrous admission structure, even if some think the prices are slightly high. The masses may be asses but you are so alone in your stance that you should start to consider it is NOT everyone else who is mad.

Edited by stlucifer

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

A lot of surmising there.

The clubs would naturally shrink and become equivalent to junior football clubs so why don't you just start supporting them.

So let me surmise.

The very fact you say "most" means that we would obviously end up with an inferior product due to the fact those good enough who are plying their trade here would leave. We would have a constant drain of good players departing for pastures new. This in turn would mean the clubs would shrink and more supporters would find better things to do on a football day. There would be a vicious circle and we would end up with most clubs losing their grounds and being forced to downsize even more and so on and so on.

And even this is dependent on the two arse cheeks getting a gig elsewhere which, let's face it, is highly unlikely.

I'm not advocating price rises but there is no way Scottish football could survive in your fantasy world.

Finally.

It is supply and demand. Enough people feel it worthwhile paying the prices as they are or they wouldn't pay it. 

I am aware of only one person advocating those drastic cuts in entry fee and you have repeated your deranged idea often enough to convert those who could be yet I have seen no one else agree with the ludicrous admission structure, even if some think the prices are slightly high. The masses may be asses but you are so alone in your stance that you should start to consider it is NOT everyone else who is mad.

Another one who can't read and comprehend anything.

You must skim my Posts at a furious pace.

I support St Mirren no matter where or what they are playing in .

Yes, I am alone and indeed the rest must be asses.

Deranged ? :blink:

See ye :byebye

1 hour ago, shull said:

Another one who can't read and comprehend anything.

You must skim my Posts at a furious pace.

I support St Mirren no matter where or what they are playing in .

Yes, I am alone and indeed the rest must be asses.

Deranged ? :blink:

See ye :byebye

Really?

As Pricky would ask.

Are you going to the HIbs' game?

Deranged?

Certainly!

18 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Really?

As Pricky would ask.

Are you going to the HIbs' game?

Deranged?

Certainly!

Seen this routine before.

Don't turn into Rick

Another potential rank puller.

12 minutes ago, shull said:

Seen this routine before.

Don't turn into Rick

Another potential rank puller.

Firstly.

I'm not going so no rank pulling.

Secondly and more importantly.

You said you would support Saints NO MATTER WHERE.

You, like me, obviously don't.

I'll be supporting them sitting in my house eating a Chinese.

Even when I go to the Toilet, my support will still be there.

In fact, I am supporting them right now and will still be supporting them when I'm fast asleep in a few minutes.

51 minutes ago, shull said:

In other words, like everybody else on here,  I support my pishy Team 24 hours a day , every day, whether they are playing or not.

Of course you do.   COYS  But why feel that someone is putting you down? That I just don't get. 

As far as I see you attend home games and take a strong interest in St Mirren. 

Makes you a Supporter and  a Fan in my book. 

I go to games home and away and take a strong interest in St Mirren

Makes me a Supporter and a Fan in my book. 

Now... If I didn't go to games or contribute financially but took a keen interest in St Mirren then I would beat Fan. 

Neither is better or worse but supporters actively contribute revenue to theckub. 

The clue comes from the name.. Supporter.. To give support. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Despicable pricing and outrageous salaries paid out. 
Burnley, like the rest could afford to let all fans in for free, thanks to the TV money. 
But the rip off Bassas won't. 
GREEDY CNUTS. 
FECKEM 

Can have a taxi from the cross to fisher ave for 3 quid please, £2 for fuel 1 for yourself please. Is that a naw? Ah well there you go you’re overcharging me !!

19 minutes ago, ged62 said:

Can have a taxi from the cross to fisher ave for 3 quid please, £2 for fuel 1 for yourself please. Is that a naw? Ah well there you go you’re overcharging me !!

Translation required.