Getting Close To £30 Admission Fee At St Mirren Park.

shull

8 hours ago, shull said:

I think it would be a great idea.

Would increase the footfall at the Stadium greatly when the Saints are not playing.

Could certainly run a Coffee Shop/Cafe/Bar.with the endless stream of punters.

We have a plastic pitch underneath a plastic balloon dafty:hammer

Edited by insaintee

26 minutes ago, weeian1877 said:

Just when you think this guy can't talk anymore shite than he already does.....emoji42.pngemoji42.pngemoji42.png

Why are you against synthetic pitches ?

Give us all your wisdom, you may persuade me to change my mind.

Just a wee scenario relating a Synthetic Pitch and the St Mirren Cafe.

My daughter plays for an under 11 Paisley Team on a Sunday morning.

Presently there are very few suitable venues in Paisley with artificial surfaces for their Matches.

So they are playing at various others at Harmony Row, Linwood, Pollok and Port Glasgow.

The Sunday mornings consists of 7 or 8 local Teams playing round robin 7 a side matches.

The matches only last 10 minutes each and the whole event last under 2 hours.

I am sure all the Clubs involved ( depending on costs ) would be thrilled to have their Sunday mornings or any other time playing on a synthetic surface at the home of St Mirren Football Club.

For this one age group and there are many more in Renfrewshire & District, on a Sunday morning, there are around 70 players plus parents, friends, coaches and organisers., . Could be at least 150 people at the Stadium for that 90 to 120 minute time spell.

Probably a good few of them would be delighted to have a Cafe on site for drinks and snacks during matches or maybe lunch after the Games.

Multiply this event many times for every day of every week and it could be a winner for all, especially St Mirren Football Club.

Maybe even a full time job for a litter picker.

I'd agree with it. With proper utilisation it would be a superb way to raise revenue. There are grants available for the conversion too although I wouldn't want to see the club go down that route without proper tie ins with local juvenile clubs to ensure proper community benefit.

The only downside is litter. Whenever our kids played at The Excelsior or New Douglas Park there was always a great deal of litter in the stands. I presume this is because clubs weren't taking ownership of their after match clean ups.

The dome is already a fair enough size to house this surely?

We will get a synthetic pitch at St Mirren Park.

Question of when not if it happens.
The technology of these pitches is improving so quickly it's soon not going to make sense not to have one.

I doubt any professional clubs in Scotland will play on grass in 20 years time.

The only way I would be in agreement in having one would be if we were relegated to the 3rd tier as we would need to make up for lost revenue. The artificial pitch are not up to the quality of standard you get with grass. Until they do and in years to come they will probably get near I would prefer to stick to grass.

I hear AstroTurf is a rubbish smoke anyway.

Just a wee scenario relating a Synthetic Pitch and the St Mirren Cafe.

My daughter plays for an under 11 Paisley Team on a Sunday morning.

Presently there are very few suitable venues in Paisley with artificial surfaces for their Matches.

So they are playing at various others at Harmony Row, Linwood, Pollok and Port Glasgow.

The Sunday mornings consists of 7 or 8 local Teams playing round robin 7 a side matches.

The matches only last 10 minutes each and the whole event last under 2 hours.

I am sure all the Clubs involved ( depending on costs ) would be thrilled to have their Sunday mornings or any other time playing on a synthetic surface at the home of St Mirren Football Club.

For this one age group and there are many more in Renfrewshire & District, on a Sunday morning, there are around 70 players plus parents, friends, coaches and organisers., . Could be at least 150 people at the Stadium for that 90 to 120 minute time spell.

Probably a good few of them would be delighted to have a Cafe on site for drinks and snacks during matches or maybe lunch after the Games.

Multiply this event many times for every day of every week and it could be a winner for all, especially St Mirren Football Club.

Maybe even a full time job for a litter picker.

And if it's anything like Ravenscraig you've got the same again through every age group for girls and boys through fun fours all through the summer months when the stadium isn't being used at all

2 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

And if it's anything like Ravenscraig you've got the same again through every age group for girls and boys through fun fours all through the summer months when the stadium isn't being used at all

And the Saints Cafe would be bursting at the seams. 

And the Saints Cafe would be bursting at the seams. 

Absolutely. Kids buying their water and juice, adults on the coffee, bacon rolls, rolls and sausage or healthier salad, fruit and pasta options. So long as prices were kept competitive the club would have a completely captive market. And then there's the opportunity for the club to keep families at the stadium spending money by giving out free tickets for the match that afternoon. And that's just the weekends.

Divide the pitch into three sevens midweek and open up the dome and you've got 4 teams with squads of approx 20 in training every hour with parents buying coffee whilst waiting on the cherubs, either watching the session or better still watching football on Sky or BT Sports to keep them spending beyondd their hour

I think the ground has a difficult visual problem.

What I mean is that it seems the goalposts seem really difficult to pick out when you are on the pitch, hence the lack of goals from our brilliant lads in black & white! 

I suggest a big black board behind the goals so that they stand out all the more and with the posts and net in white they would be a much better target. At half time we simply take the board down to the other end of the park and erect it behind the other goal.

There, sorted! :D

I think the ground has a difficult visual problem.

What I mean is that it seems the goalposts seem really difficult to pick out when you are on the pitch, hence the lack of goals from our brilliant lads in black & white! 

I suggest a big black board behind the goals so that they stand out all the more and with the posts and net in white they would be a much better target. At half time we simply take the board down to the other end of the park and erect it behind the other goal.

There, sorted! [emoji3]

Away teams seen to have no problems seeing the goals [emoji102]

10 hours ago, TopCat said:

We will get a synthetic pitch at St Mirren Park.

Question of when not if it happens.
The technology of these pitches is improving so quickly it's soon not going to make sense not to have one.

I doubt any professional clubs in Scotland will play on grass in 20 years time.

I agree and i think it will be a lot faster than 20 years. Probably 5-10.

It is also a real possibility for our club too, very shortly. Wouldn't suprise me at all.

Much as it would disappoint me as at the moment our pitch is the one thing we can be proud about

2 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Absolutely. Kids buying their water and juice, adults on the coffee, bacon rolls, rolls and sausage or healthier salad, fruit and pasta options. So long as prices were kept competitive the club would have a completely captive market. And then there's the opportunity for the club to keep families at the stadium spending money by giving out free tickets for the match that afternoon. And that's just the weekends.

Divide the pitch into three sevens midweek and open up the dome and you've got 4 teams with squads of approx 20 in training every hour with parents buying coffee whilst waiting on the cherubs, either watching the session or better still watching football on Sky or BT Sports to keep them spending beyondd their hour

Only down side Stuart is, if all these people turn up to train where do they get ready or changed after training in the rain. If it was my kid I would be wanting him/her to be able to get changed etc after training. Can sort of see your point, but yourself and Shull are basing it on a best case scenario. Other teams have already sourced their training resources. And having trained on parks or playing 7 a side it can be quite annoying every time you need to stop to give the others their ball back.

1 hour ago, chalky1 said:

Only down side Stuart is, if all these people turn up to train where do they get ready or changed after training in the rain. If it was my kid I would be wanting him/her to be able to get changed etc after training. Can sort of see your point, but yourself and Shull are basing it on a best case scenario. Other teams have already sourced their training resources. And having trained on parks or playing 7 a side it can be quite annoying every time you need to stop to give the others their ball back.

In the vomitory in either of the stands. It's already done that way at The Excelsior. 

I don't know what the situation is at P&D but in Lanarkshire there is a mad scramble for training lets, particularly on 3g pitches over the winter. A lot of clubs through here save money by training on grass during the autumn months but when it starts to get dark earlier floodlights become a big issue. I'd imagine it' would be much the same around the Paisley area, particularly if there is the scarcity of facilities is as bad as Shull said in his earlier post. 

22 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

In the vomitory in either of the stands. It's already done that way at The Excelsior. 

I don't know what the situation is at P&D but in Lanarkshire there is a mad scramble for training lets, particularly on 3g pitches over the winter. A lot of clubs through here save money by training on grass during the autumn months but when it starts to get dark earlier floodlights become a big issue. I'd imagine it' would be much the same around the Paisley area, particularly if there is the scarcity of facilities is as bad as Shull said in his earlier post. 

It has improved in recent years due to schools having 5g pitches along with Ralston and Seedhill

Floodlight pitches in Ferguslie and Linwood also

Younger teams now use pitches at the Pitz,Pro-Life and the 7a side pitch at Linwood

There is also a new indoor place along from Love Street

There's is now plenty of options unlike 5 years ago