Getting Close To £30 Admission Fee At St Mirren Park.

shull

9 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

Its blaes not blaize. emoji14.png

Maybe he meant "Some of the best players in the World honed their skills like Blaize"

A tall, gangly, good lookin' fella who knows his way around the track...with the ladies. He once hooked up with a "Maddie" (see Maddie definition) twice in one night. On purpose. naked.

Guest TPAFKATS
Are they not prone to injuries. I know a junior football player who tells me he hates them , Thompson used to go on about them also. 

Last Saturday there were 2 players missing from fake Saints team as they can't play on synthetic pitch at Hamilton due to injury risk. Either that or they shat it from their other 2 teammates.

The financial argument behind a synthetic pitch at a club like ours is an absolutely sound one, however there is no doubt that as a spectacle the game is better on real grass and we should be very proud of the surface we have at the 2021. It's a testament to the great job that Tommy Doc does that we just come to expect an impeccable pitch every week.

If the new sports village development goes ahead then the surrounding area will be awash with fantastic new pitches anyway. Leave our grass alone!

22 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Are they not prone to injuries. I know a junior football player who tells me he hates them , Thompson used to go on about them also. 

Yeah... we never get anyone injured on our super duper grass.  

We might get less if we stop watering the pitch just before the teams came out!  The players go out.  Have a kickabout to get used to the surface and  then on come the sprinklers.  First 15mins of the game is littered with players slipping.

14 hours ago, norrie82 said:

Absolutely ridiculous idea. I've just watched killie v Rangers and on that terrible astro it's no wonder sky pay us buttons. There should be no way any professional full time team plays on this nonsense.  Anyhow with the new sporting development scheduled for St.james there will be no demand and no need. Also Falkirk do not make alot of cash from their Park. Grass please and football can be played properly. 

Yes, two of our Premiership teams play on Astroturf (not the latest kind either).  Sky pay us buttons because we have inept people who lead our game and League, nothing to do with Astroturf.  Some of the games I have enjoyed most have been at Killie's ground.

14 hours ago, norrie82 said:

Moving the league to  summer format would also end our chance of ever being taken seriously again. Maybe it's too late but it is not  good idea. I'd personally start first week in July and have a break mid Jan. 

That's not far off Summer football mate,  What is your definition of Summer Football? Sky would pay a fortune if we had a proper Summer Football League IMO

Vambo ASTROGRASS is a joke. Professional players despise it. It's a different game altogether.  Not one side in England have it and I would imagine that's how it will stay. Sky pay us buttons yes for many reasons bu this is one of them. A laughable Playing surface is no good. Summer football is March to November.  I'm saying start first sat in July with league cup and kick off the league say third week. I think having competitive football in July will be a winner. TV will want it too. We could have three weekends and a midweek card by the time the English leagues kick off. Great way of maximising exposure and potential sponsorship.  I feel March to November leaves us in the Diddy league altho yes were there already. By not playing to the uefa calender your basically giving up hope that we can once again grace a major tournament.  Anyhow saints stay grass! 

Edited by norrie82

Vambo ASTROGRASS is a joke. Professional players despise it. It's a different game altogether.  Not one side in England have it and I would imagine that's how it will stay. Sky pay us buttons yes for many reasons bu this is one of them. A laughable Playing surface is no good. Summer football is March to November.  I'm saying start first sat in July with league cup and kick off the league say third week. I think having competitive football in July will be a winner. TV will want it too. We could have three weekends and a midweek card by the time the English leagues kick off. Great way of maximising exposure and potential sponsorship.  I feel March to November leaves us in the Diddy league altho yes were there already. By not playing to the uefa calender your basically giving up hope that we can once again grace a major tournament.  Anyhow saints stay grass! 

Are most of the big English clubs pitches not hybrid pitches, a mixture of Astro grass and real grass??

They have a hybrid pitch at Murrayfield, afaik it's the only one in Scotland. I remember reading at the time that the arse cheeks both looked at it but reckoned it was too expensive.

ETA Murrayfield's cost £1.25m according to this

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/13144153.__1_25m_hybrid_pitch_will_end_Murrayfield_worms_turf_war/

19 hours ago, norrie82 said:

So, Killie and Hamilton are partly to blame for low pay from Sky.  Bollocks

Play to the UEFA calendar?  We do.... how's that doing?  

Our Clubs who qualify are still close-season when the UEFA competitions start... how's that doing?

18 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

Not far off it. emoji106.png

http://www.dessosports.com/hybrid-grass

I thought i read/heard we have something similiar at GHR.

I heard Fir Park was now a Hybrid Pitch... I couldn't see any wear, even in the Goalmouth at Motherwell.  Their - usually shambles of a - pitch was in Prime condition.  Looking at our goalmouth's, I don't think it's a Hybrid

16 hours ago, norrie82 said:

Which is a million miles away from astro. !!! 

You're 6 Million years away... Dinosaur :)... Anyway... it's only my opinion that it could save the Club Hundred's of thousands over a few seasons.

Imagine if you will... Association Football has always been played on good 4G Astroturf pitches... what would sell Grass Pitches as a replacement?  You would be sent away with a flea in your ear... think on that...

• 2 months later...
15 hours ago, BaldyOzBud said:

Just don't!

It's the mix of grass/synthetic that Falkirk have that I'd like.

It is a fantastic playing surface.

Actually, I'm wrong it's 100% synthetic.

Edited by FTOF

Firstly. I agree on the work the ground staff have done. The pitch is a credit to everyone involved. 

My contribution to this thread has been to say that if the business or community benefit was great enough then it should at least  be considered. 

I  now live near Falkirk and visit their stadium often outside match days. Great cafe with very friendly staff. 

Games I have watched there against Saints have generally been close and exciting affairs...without the grass.  

Kids and community groups can also use the facilities. It might be heresy to suggest it but could our academy then be based at Greenhill Road? 

No need to shoot me or curse me if you take a different view. Just explain to me  why grass is automatically better? 

20 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Firstly. I agree on the work the ground staff have done. The pitch is a credit to everyone involved. 

My contribution to this thread has been to say that if the business or community benefit was great enough then it should at least  be considered. 

I  now live near Falkirk and visit their stadium often outside match days. Great cafe with very friendly staff. 

Games I have watched there against Saints have generally been close and exciting affairs...without the grass.  

Kids and community groups can also use the facilities. It might be heresy to suggest it but could our academy then be based at Greenhill Road? 

No need to shoot me or curse me if you take a different view. Just explain to me  why grass is automatically better? 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35551537

45 minutes ago, SaintGlenburn said:

Would the Scotland U20s and other age groups still use it if changed?

Yes.

The Falkirk stadium has hosted both women's and under age internationals.

Contrary to my earlier assertions, the Falkirk stadium is actually 100% synthetic, they changed it in 2013. Must have passed my be, like many things these days.:lol:

Unique properties of GreenFields® MX

The surface to be installed is a GreenFields MX synthetic turf.  Compared to the tufting method used in current installations, the patented weaving technique enables a higher density, higher resilience, less compaction and a more equal ball roll.  The surface has been specifically designed for football with 50mm tufts compared with the longer 65mm which has been used for mixed football and rugby uses.  It is of course fully FFA two star compliant and conforms to rules laid out by the SPL and SFL.

This surface is currently used in the Dutch Premier League at Heracles Almelo and PECZwolle.  And the Dutch First Division has awarded GreenFields and TenCate the contract for at least 6 stadium fields.

Edited by FTOF

15 hours ago, FTOF said:

It's the mix of grass/synthetic that Falkirk have that I'd like.

It is a fantastic playing surface.

Actually, I'm wrong it's 100% synthetic.

Yes the hybrid pitches like those at Arsenal and Murrayfield are reportedly great playing surfaces but are very expensive.